“Best place to stay near Orlando”

Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've been partial to Marriott properties for years now, and the Courtyard in Lake Mary delivered with excellence. The staff from beginning to end was unbelievable and operated with the utmost professionalism, and the facilities were consistantly spotless. I would highly recommend this stay to anyone, and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stay regularly at this location and have enjoyed the attention of a professional and attentive staff. They provide a warm and comfortable setting that is the perfect counterpart to a beautifully remodeled and well maintained Courtyard by Marriott. While every hotel expresses that "the comfort and satisfaction of our guests is most important" the Lake Mary people actually work hard at making that happen.

A welcome addition is the brand new line of exercise equipment in the fitness center. It's the perfect place to burn off calories from the adult beverage or sweet treat that you consumed at the on site Bistro bar and grill. It's handy, fast and excellent...If you're looking for a quick snack or bottled drink pick one up from the Marketplace. It's open 24/7.

Regardless if your trip is for business or pleasure this location will not disappoint! Make sure to let Greg or Lyndsey know how well their staff performed during your stay. They thrive on taking care of the details.

Room Tip: Talk with the check in person and let them know what you're looking for. They are excellent lis...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I expect a high level of quality from a Marriott. They never let you down.. Front desk was cordial, restaurant warm, the handyman walked up and helped me put a heavy bag in the car! Bed was delightful. ONE WORD OF WARNING. BRING BOTTLED WATER, UNLESS YOU ENJOY THE MINERALLY, SULPHUR TINGED FLORIDIAN WATER. This is not the hotel's problem - it is one of the acquired Floridian tastes I cannot fathom! The restaurant, however, filters the water to crystal clear perfection.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I am NOT a fan of the new Bistro concept that is cropping up at Courtyard properties. I travel 3 or 4 nights every week and stay at Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood hotels. Whatever is closest to where I need to be the next day. If I know ahead of time, I avoid Bistro Courtyards, but this one was close to where I needed to be and my buddy, who travels much less, wanted to build his status.
This place is Bistro, which means, unless you press your status on them, you are allowed to pay for your breakfast instead of getting it free. If you want something decent, like eggs or french toast, the wait is 20 minutes or so we thought. Your guess is as good as anyone on how long it will take, so go ahead and get up at least 30 minutes earlier. I needed to anyway because I had to get dressed and go get a paper and coffee before i could start my moring routine. In this case it took 30 minutes get a couple of eggs and some paper thin bacon like you get at low end free morning buffets.
We ended up late for our first appointment. Bistro also means, you don't get a newspaper under your door in the morning. A small number of copies are hung on racks, library style, in a cubby by the coffee for everybody.
Okay, it wouldn't be bad if there was an iHop or something close that can deliver a quality breakfast in a deterministic time frame. But, new Courtyards go out of their way to locate away from other establishments. You can't walk to an iHop or Denny's; you eat here or drive somewhere on the way. Same problem when you want a drink or dinner, these people want your money and aren't handy to a retail area with nice places to eat or hang out.
Sorry, but these Bistros mess up my rhythm when I travel and tend to get me off on the wrong foot. No paper, no breakfast, no place to walk too.
I don't like the Bistro concept!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hyatt Place across the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank joelinda
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I couldn't have asked for better service during our 1 night stay here... for a three star hotel, you usually expect a certain kind of service and quality, but this was not the case at all! We were blown away. Honestly, I NEVER write reviews, however, the staff here was so great that I feel obligated to let others know (hence management if you're reading). The woman at check-in was friendly and very professional, making us feel like we were in good hands. Then when my husband and I had to catch a very early morning flight the next day and called from our room to ask when breakfast would be served (and missing it by a long shot and being OK with this), the man working the night shift offered without hesitation to make coffee for us and did so with a smile. I only wish I remembered both of these staff members names.

The hotel was very surprising as well... rooms were very clean and modern... you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have been to Orlando many, many times and passed the Marriott Village of hotels. This past week we had to be in Otlando for one night and booked the Courtyard. This is a major hotel, with large, clean rooms, spread through a large building. Booking through the AAA senior rates we received breakfast as part of an excellent rate. Only reason I gave this a very good, not an excellent was for little things such as the thickness of the towels, etc.
One note to Marriott the food court at the Spring Hill, was highly over priced where I was handed a two day old bagel!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights this past weekend. I was not expecting much given the favorable rate vs other nearby hotels. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel and rooms. Both were very clean and appeared to be quite new. The staff was great. I would stay here again if travels took us back to this area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family