“EXHAUSTED - Verify location befor leaving front desk”

Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Waycross, Georgia
“EXHAUSTED - Verify location befor leaving front desk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Plesant front desk staff. Arrive early if you expect to get the room you have requested. Bring your own pillow and ear plugs! Make sure to verify your room (type and location) before leaving the font desk to save the hassle of relocating to the correct room. If you have requested a quiet location make sure you arrive early.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback in regards to your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando North/Lake Mary. I apologize that you had to relocate your room, but I am glad to hear that the front desk staff were helpful. I hope that if you are in the Lake Mary area again that we will have another opportunity to better serve you. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great Hotel,great staff. They really go out of their way to help you. Like home! The location is in a park like setting and has a comfortable residential feel but it is close to all of the highways in Lake Mary and easy to get around. Parts of the hotel are being renovated but it is out of site. They re made the lobby and it is bright and open with a fun bar area and they have a great breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando North/Lake Mary. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel at home! Hopefully your business travels will bring you back to the Lake Mary area again in the future. When they do, please do not hesitate to contact me should you need anything. Once again, thank you for your feedback!
Woodridge, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I checked into the room its was late in the evening and I was very tired but I noticed a moldy odor. I was too tired to investigate that night. When I woke up in the morning and went into the bathroom I noticed a wet wash cloth hanging over the shower curtain. There were also 2-3 hair pins on the floor in the room. After I told the manager that morning they had someone come in and clean the bathroom and added some sort of air freshener which was really nice. However, the hair pins were still on the floor. Nota very good job of cleaning at all.

2 Thank Mike G
Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback in regards to your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando North/Lake Mary. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the most pleasant stay with us. I have spoken with my Executive Housekeeper and we are working to ensure that this does not happen again. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we can improve on, and I hope that the next time you are in the Lake Mary area we will have another opportunity to better serve you. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This might be hands down the most disgusting hotel room I have ever stayed in. I don't understand why Hilton would allow them to maintain their status as a "Hilton Garden Inn" it appears they are remodeling but it's a bit too little too late. The ONLY positive was the very kind front desk man who checked us into the hotel. The bathtub was disgusting stains throughout the tub, a huge crack running the length of the ceiling, and hairs found in the bathroom all over the counter welcomed us. My sheets were placed on the bed inside out with the max thread count having to be 200. I thought I would be able to sleep unfortunately the bed are a poor excuse for a place to sleep. If I wanted this experience I would have gone camping. Highly disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Anne H
Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando North/Lake Mary. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently renovating our guest rooms and making many upgrades. I hope that the next time you are in the Lake Mary area we will have another opportunity to better serve you. Please feel free to contact me personally for your next reservation. Once again thank you for your feedback.
Germantown, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel while in town for a friend's Birthday party. Friendly service at check in. I was disappointed that there was not a room with a king bed available as I had reserved. At most there were ten cars in the parking lot. I was told that the entire third floor was under renovation, perhaps all of the king beds are on the third floor?

The lobby area is recently renovated and inviting.

The room that we stayed in on the second floor was outdated. I had to kill ants in the bathroom. It was quiet and we slept well. I find it humorous that there was a card on the desk asking you to write down things in the room that needed attention that housekeeping may have missed. I am not sure how anyone misses the fact that the desk chair has a 6 inch frayed split in the seat making it impossible to sit in.

Being a gold hhonors member I get free breakfast. I always enjoy the HGI made to order omelets. I was not impressed with the service or the food at breakfast at this hotel. We had to ask where to sit. And then I had to get up and hunt down the server to ask if omelets were being made and if I could get an iced tea. My husband asked for a diet coke. Neither of us were ever offered refills. The omelets were ok but not up to the HGI standard. Service was certainly lacking.

I have also stayed at the Hampton Inn on the other side of the interstate. Normally I choose the HGI instead simply because they traditionally have a better breakfast than Hampton Inn. But in this situation I would choose the Hampton Inn over the HGI in Lake Mary for my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us! I appreciate your honestly about the areas that need improvement. Hopefully the next time you are in the Lake Mary area we will have another opportunity to better serve you! Thank you again for your feedback.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed here in the past the night before our flight home. Very happy with everything, Shower pressure was awesome! we were tired so had room service delivered they were fast and food was good, Hotel staff was very helpful in every way! Very polite !very easy to get to airport, everything close by! We will for sure be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room service. Please keep in mind the next time you are in the area that we do have a complimentary shuttle that takes our guests to the airport. Our front desk staff would be more than happy to set this up for you. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Lake Mary area. Once again, thank you for your feedback!
Vero Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The staff was very helpful. The hotel is conveniently located in Lake Mary. My room had a Jacuzzi in it and I used it and it helped with tension from being in classes all day. The staff must really like their jobs. They all had smiles on day and night. Check in and check out was fast and very efficient. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable. I felt very secure staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at Lake Mary and I would use this hotel again if I need to travel that way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando North/Lake Mary. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the jacuzzi in your room, and that our staff made your feel not only welcome, but secure. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Lake Mary area. Thank you again for your feedback!