“As Of Sept 2013, Under Some Construction. Still Good”

Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed September 8, 2013

At review time, this Hilton Garden Inn is undergoing some renovations. All in all, it's still a good value if you don't mind the the construction woes. The dining area has been temporarily transformed to a make shift front desk/dining/common area. The main entrance is the main area of construction, so having to utilize a side entrance and exit can be a bit cumbersome and create a long trek to your room.
That being said, the rooms have been tidy and clean and the staffing friendly, professional and welcoming. The construction crews outside, although I don't expect them to be friendly, is quite disheartening that so many Americans are out of work, and so many (apparently) illegals are working steady on the site project.
Hilton Garden Inn offers a daily breakfast (for a $10 up-charge) that is adequate if you are on the go, but better breakfast values can be had at some of the local restaurants. The breakfast lady is sweet as can be, but some day's, I would rather not be talked to about my daily business.
There is a clean pool as well as a nice workout room with treadmills, weights and water. The location is convenient for restaurants and various shopping. It's just off of the I-4 exits. Hilton Garden Inn is a nice stay, but the Homewood Suites next door may be a better choice for an extended stay so do some price comparisons as the rack rates appear close in cost. The Homewood rooms are larger and have full size kitchenettes and a separated bedroom and two televisions per room.
Had Hilton hired strictly full time American citizens for their construction projects, I would have more respect for the chain, and probably added another star to this review of the Garden Inn. I guess cheap labor is an irresistible proposition to the company bottom line over loyalty to the (legal) citizens of America that are out of work and looking for jobs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando North/Lake Mary. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I have spoken with our ownership in regards to your concerns. Once again, thank you for your recent stay with us.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Enjoyed my stay overall The pool and hot tub were great after a long day. The room was clean but hadf something of a sharp odor to it when I checked in. I opened the window and the odor cleared and I did not notice it again during the week. While I was there the lobby was being rebuilt and there was some noise to put up with. Over all though the noise was confined to hours when I was off site.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay! I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to say that our lobby and restaurant transformation will be completed shortly, and you will have a brand new space to enjoy! We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you once again for your feedback!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Construction going on at hotel and it needs more than a facelift. Rooms are old and outdated with carpet that screams, "don't take your shoes off!" Bed was hard and AC unit blew humid air. Fitness room had two treadmills - one worked, the other did not. Not a good representative of the Hilton family.

2  Thank James M

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. Based on our recent correspondence, I have spoken with our ownership in regards to your concerns. They are all being addressed. If there is anything else that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Unlike some recent reviews, I enjoyed my stay. The only problem with this property, and it is significant, is that the property is undergoing construction. The front desk has been moved to the dining room and the dining room only provided a breakfast that you would normally find at a Hampton Inn. I have stayed at other Hilton Garden Inns that provided a full breakfast. This will be a problem until the construction is finished. I live in South Florida and there is construction on many of the major expressways. Construction causes inconvenience.

My room was fine. There were neither pest, mold, nor odor problems with my room. The staff was helpful with my business needs and Alicia, a cutie, made sure that I had plenty of paper and paperclips for my court documents.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that overall you were able to enjoy your stay with us. I am happy to annouce that the lobby and restaurant transformation will be completed shortly, allowing you to have a brand new space to enjoy. We hope to see you again in the future! Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel has major Pest problems!! Not fresh and smells awful. Maybe some mold issue or something. It's not clean at all and the beds are terrible. They need to replace carpets, spray for pests and place new beds so people don't wake up with pain in there backs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Genevieve P
Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I have spoken with our ownership in regards to your issues, and they are all being addressed. I appreciate the correspondence that I have had with you, and if there is anything else that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn is an excellent hotel to stay. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Room was clean and the amenities were excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback! I am so glad to hear that our staff was able to take care of you during your stay. We hope that in the future we will be able to provide the same service to you when you travel back to the area. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 20 days. The service is very average... There is nothing that I could complain about. Neither there is any that I could really appreciate... Overall an average hotel with average infrastructure...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while you were here. Should you find yourself traveling to the area again in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. There are many services that our hotel provides that I am sure would enhance your stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Mary
Orlando Marriott Lake Mary
Orlando Marriott Lake Mary
#7 of 12 in Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary? Share your experiences!