“Nice hotel, great staff”

Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Nice hotel, great staff”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed overnight here as a stopping point between the Sanford Airport and Orlando. Our flight scheduled arrival was for 10pm. The hotel shuttle is only scheduled to run until 10pm. Gerald, the gentleman who helped us out was able to accommodate us and had arranged for a shuttle to pick us up-nice man and very willing to help. Our plane arrived at 10:40 and we were happy to find our shuttle waiting (I did notify that our plane was running late). The driver was friendly and didn't seem put out at all that we were late. The hotel itself is nice! I believe they recently underwent renovations in the lobby. Though they offer smoking rooms-I learned that there only 3-4 rooms in the entire building all situated on the 3rd floor. I communicated that my son and husband are extremely sensitive to smoke and situated us as far from those rooms as possible. You would never know it was a hotel that offered smoking. The rooms were standard size and very clean and quiet. Breakfast is not included in the rate. You have the option of doing their buffet $10/adult or just pay for breakfast items separately-it was quite reasonable. I think we paid under $10 (tip included) for juices, coffees, cereal, bagels and english muffins. The people working the breakfast were very hospitable and waited on you, bringing juice, coffee. Overall, a great experience. A nice hotel, but I believe staff makes all the difference!

Room Tip: Join HHonors and you get free water bottles :) Also, smoking rooms are on 3rd floor-ask for a differ...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brian C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear to our staff was able to accommodate you and your family during your stay. We try our best to make sure that each of our guests know how much their business means to us. I hope that we will be able to accommodate you again in the future. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I checked into this hotel with my family. Service staff was courteous. There was ample parking. I saw the pool, but since we are from Florida, we did not go swimming. Room was clean. Hot breakfast was good. Plenty of choices. Internet service is fast. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Our lobby and restaurant are currently undergoing a transformation, so we will soon have a brand new look for your family to enjoy. Our staff looks forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank you again for your feedback!
Largo, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This location is by far among the best in the Hilton chain. We love to stay there and look for good opportunities to book our room here. The Staff is great, the food is very good and every thing is clean and very comfortable. Even though it is a few more miles from our family in the area, we gladly travel the additional distance just so we can stay at this HGI!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that our staff has consistently been able to provide you with service you have come to love. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you once again for your feedback!
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you can't find a room close enough in the Orlando area. Please stay here. This hotel is a small clean and family oriented hotel. I will definitely stay here again. This hotel is near the mall and restuarants. If you love to retreat back to a quiet place from the city try this hotel.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room around the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that we were able to offer you and your family a quite and relaxing stay during your recent visit to the area. Please keep in mind for the future that we do offer a complimentary shuttle service to many of the local shops and restaurants. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you once again for your feedback!
Sanford/St. Mary's Florida, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

being able to park your car for flying out of the Sanford/Orlando Airport makes this an excellent choice. As airport parking for this airport is very limited. The hotel also offers a shuttle to airport for your convince note if traveling before 8:30 am you will need to arrange a taxie

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that we were able to accommodate you before your flight out of the Sanford Airport. We hope to see you again in the future, and I hope that we will be able to accommodate you once again should you be traveling to the airport. Thank you again for your feedback!
Hackettstown, NJ
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Garden Inn before our flight from Sanford. Very close to the airport. the hotel is very clean and has the most comfortable beds we have ever seen. The front desk staff were very friendly and assisted in having pizza delivered to us by the pool. great stay!! I wrote the manager a letter when we got home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us before flying out from the Sanford Airport. Please keep in mind for the future that we do offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Sanford Airport. The next time you are traveling to the area, please do not hesitate to reach out to us so that we can set that up for you. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you agian soon!
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I literally just checked out of this hotel this morning and I had such a great experience I wanted to write a review ASAP. Upon arrival, Alona at the front desk was so friendly and welcoming. The room was clean, bed comfortable, and spacious bathrooms. The breakfast at the hotel is great, and the staff that works it is so friendly and helpful. The woman who runs the breakfast ( I forgot to ask her name) is so sweet and even helped me take some breakfast to go this morning as I was in a rush, and one of the other gentleman who was working offered to help me with my bags to the car, which you don't always see at Garden Inns. There was always ample parking and I had no issues during my stay. I will definitely stay here again due to my pleasant experience this week.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that our staff took such care of you. If there is ever anything that we can assist you with during your stay, our staff is more than happy to help! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank you again for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Mary
#7 of 12 in Lake Mary
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary

Been to Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary? Share your experiences!