“Very Pleasant Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our first stay at this Hilton property. It is perfectly situated near I-4, just north of Orlando. The rooms are spacious and clean! The multi-pulse showers are worth the stay! Breakfast is $9.95 and well worth it, but check out the weekend rates that may include breakfast.
The servers in the breakfast area as well as front desk personnel have terrific attitudes. We'll return.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the pool area is best.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
whgecomm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Welcome to the Hilton! I'm thrilled to read how pleased you were with our hotel and the accommodations we offer. I will share your comments with our restaurant servers and the rest of our staff as well! I hope you will come back and visit us again; and please stop by to say hello. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Warm Regards:
Jacqueline Padilla

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel was comfortable, quiet and clean. Very convienient to area businesses. Beds are comfortable and the rooms are furnished with the business traveler in mind. Mini kitchen area with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. Only downside was the large oversized tub in the bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I needed a place to stay close to Sanford Airport since I was scheduled to arrive late and disoriented. It was dark and this hotel was ridiculously hard to find! It's as if there had been deliberate efforts to hide it from view.
Once I got there, the hotel was as expected. Solid Hilton Garden Inn quality. Lovely bed.
I decided to have the (not included in the rate) breakfast. That was a mistake. The scrambled eggs were grainy in the manner of the reconstituted freeze-dried food that only tastes good in the out of doors after a long day of hiking. There is the possibility to order "made-to-order" dishes. I asked for french toast and can confidently state that I have never seen as sorry an excuse for french toast as what they served up here.
So, I recommend the hotel - but use GPS or get there while it's still light - but I most definitely do not recommend the breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed while enroute to north Florida on Oct. 5/6. Had a great Priceline rate and this is where our bid was accepted (3 star, Lake Mary). Admittedly, I hoped for another 3 star location where we previously enjoy a great stay, but this Hilton Garden Inn accepted our bid.
We were greeted quickly and assigned a room - we were early enough to request a room with 2 beds since our son was traveling with us. One reason I can only rate this as 'very good' instead of excellent is that the rooms with 2 beds have 'double' or 'full' size beds instead of the more comfortable queen beds. However, that said, our room was very clean, although becoming a bit dated (wall coverings, furnishings, bathroom fixtures, etc.).
Service was excellent with regard to the staff...very friendly and accommodating.
I don't know that we'd 'prefer' to stay in this hotel again as breakfast wasn't included (not always an issue, but in this location - it is for us), double instead of queen beds, and it's aging rooms. However, for what we paid, it was very clean, comfortable enough, and in a good location - near restaurants, interstate, and quiet area.

Room Tip: Top floors avoid 'ceiling' noise...usually quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
whgecomm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your overnight accommodations on your trip up to North Florida. I'm glad you found your stay to be of good value for the price of your room. I'm equally pleased to read you were satisfied with our location, overall cleanliness and the service you received from our Staff.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If you are ever passing through Lake Mary, or in our area again I hope you will visit us again!

Jacqueline Padilla

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel was well located to Sanford airport and the free transport from the airport was really helpful. Check in was quick and easy. The room was functional with a little basic kitchen area. Breakfast was well worth the money and staff where very helpful when ever we had a question or request. The pool was small but clean the only issue was that a small party of about 4 kept on calling other members of their family to come and join them from other hotels. This resulted in one lady (on her own) leaving the pool and the family glaring at my daughter and myself. They already had every chair and subbed by the pool. It was very annoying but no fault of the hotel. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sandra_m25
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is a very great family hotel. From the time my family and I walked in,the hotel was nice.We were greeted by the front dest employee who knew my name and the check in process was like magic. It didnt take long at all. They have very nice employees and the rooms are beautiful. When you step into the pool and the hot tub,you or your kids will not want to come out. We had a beautiful view of the pool. Well overall,our stay was amazing.Would I stay here agian?Yes

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marklyn S
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Our soccer team was traveling this weekend for the Nike Champions Cup and due to our success in another tournament it delayed our decision to play in this tournament until 2 weeks ago. In doing research of the rec. hotels through the soccer tourney, most hotels were booked. I took a chance and called this Hilton and spoke to Jim in group sales. We were fortunate to get 12 rooms preblocked and a very reasonable rate including breakfast. In addition, several team members called and added another night just a few days before the tournament as our schedule had us playing an 8am game both sat and sun and commuting was not in the teams best interest. Upon arrival, I was happily greeted by Amanda Andrews and Kevin Morten. Checkin was a breeze, and inside my room key holder was directions to the local soccer fields, a map with all local restaurants, shopping, etc and a goody bag with water and cookies. The rooms were spacious and clean with microwaves and minifridges. The lobby gorgeous and relaxing. Great location to everything, with easy access to I-4. Normally breakfast starts at 7am and goes until 11, but since we had such an early game they decided to open it at 6:30 (sat and sun) so our boys could get something before the game. Nika Sanford and Kevin Morton helped with keeping the breakfast area clean and stocked, as well as dishing out some advice on a local pub for us to watch live soccer that afternoon. Vandell McCoy and Andres Ponce were also extremely helpful. We were given coupons for a local smoothie place for BOGO, and discounts to the pub we were headed to for lunch. We had another parent unexpectedly join us Sat night, and they were able to give them the soccer rate as well. Having rowdy kids in a nice hotel is tough for staff and other guests, but every single staff member on duty this weekend was on the look out for everyone's safety and went out of their way to allow the kids some fun while maintiaining a sense of calm about the entire property. NEVER in all the years that we have traveled with this team nor my daughter's team have we had such a pleasant experience. All of our parents were thrilled, the comments I got were, "you did good", "wow -- this hotel is too nice for elevator tag"(gotta be a 13 yr old to understand that one), "they are so nice", "we need to make sure we tell our club about this hotel in case anyone needs a great place to stay in the future". So, from Melbourne Beach Soccer Club to the Hilton Lake Mary we say THANK YOU! Thank you for going that extra step time and time again, throughout our whole stay, you have 12 families from our club that will definitely return if we are in the area again. Keep up the good work and management-the mentioned employees deserve to be praised -Jim,Vandell,Andres,Kevin,Nika, and Amanda-as well as the security guard on staff this weekend and housekeeping who kept us stocked in clean towels at the pool and in our rooms-all were the best they could be and Hilton should be proud!

Room Tip: My room was perfect, and the hotel layout was easy to get around.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends