“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Arendal, Norway
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this Homewood Suites location in January 2013, for a week and a half. The location was perfect for where I needed to go in the area, and because it was so close to I-4 it only took 15 minutes to drive to downtown Orlando.

The front desk people were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast served in the morning was great, and they had some variety, which was good since I was staying for a little while. Mon-Thurs, 5p-7p they serve complimentary dinner in the dining area. Beer on tap and bottled white and red wine is served, free of charge as well. Great variety to these meals too, though the calendar in the rooms with the meals didn't quite match what we were served each day.

The pool area seemed nice, but the tall buildings around it provide for limited sun bathing. I didn't test the pool myself but it looked clean and refreshing.

All in all, I had a great stay at this Homewood Suites. Would I recommend it to my best friend? Yes! Would I stay here again? Most definitely YES!

Room Tip: Higher levels and the rooms to the east are the furthest away from I-4 traffic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Cecilie556
Kimberly H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. I am particularly happy that you mentioned our dinner with beer and wine included with the room rate. That amenity is unique to our brand and I think Homewood Suites by HIlton has done a fabulous job on the variety and quality of the dinner.
Please check our website often for special offers and discounts. I hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Potenza, Italy
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed here a couple times for business and the rooms have always been clean. The property is far enough from the highway that there isn't a lot of noise. The property is built well so there is very little internal noise.

You can walk to a couple of restaurants in just a few minutes. They have one of the better evening meals if you choose to stay in.

You are just off I4 so you have easy access to Orlando and the coast. The toll road isn't too far away which is easier access to the airport.

Room Tip: always pick an upper floor in any hotel, no noise from above
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BrunoAP
Kimberly H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback and of course, love positive comments such as yours. I am glad you had a good experience. I did read your other posted reviews on Trip Advisor and noticed that you have also stayed at our sister property in the area, giving it a nice review as well. It is nice to hear confirmation that we are doing a consistent job as a franchised company. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Please check out our Advance Purchase rates online and see how economical it can be to book in advance.
Denny, UK
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The accomodation at Homewood Suites is excellent, you get a bedroom en suite with a king size bed. A tv in the bedroom and one in the living room which also has a fridge freezer and cooking facilities. There is a cooked breakfast every morning as well as a good choice of cereals, fruit juice, toast, bagels fruit and coffee.

On Mondays to Thursday from 5p.m. to 7 p.m. there is a light supper available.

For anyone travelling to Central Florida on business or vacation Homewood Suites will tick all the boxes. Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World, Cape Canaveral and the beaches at Daytona and New Smyrna are all about 45 minutes drive. My wife and I stayed in this hotel from 19 November till 8 December and found all the staff courtious and very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Harry249
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you found our hotel perfect for your American vacation. We are the only brand that offers a full dinner, Monday through Thursday, included in the room rate and I am happy that you realized the value. We value our great guest as well and can't wait until you return!
Hubbard, Ohio
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We had the opportunity to try this hotel out during our daughters work update... She and her family invited us down... Mixing Disney in with the work.. We're big on property stayers but tried this out for the first time.

The hotel and amenities are fantastic but it's too far from Disneyworld to make the trip and stay comfortable for us... We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but not for a WDW vacation.

Can't beat it for free breakfast and free dinners, especially for the price.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Grumpy507
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience. We are proud that you found the value in your experience. Although we are quite a distance from Disney World, we are only 30 minutes from Universal, so perhaps next vacation could be there and we would be happy to host you again. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I spent a week at this Homewood Suites in September. I was put in a 2nd floor room and a corner room. The lobby noise can be heard in this room and there were 2 large meetings going on the week I was in the hotel. The desk staff was professional but not friendly. The lobby/food staff was very friendly. Dinner and breakfast were typical Homewood Suite fare.

Stayed September 2012
2 Thank David W
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you were disturbed by meetings in our public facilities. I certainly hope you return to allow us an opportunity to offer you a suite in another area of the hotel and you can experience a wonderful stay.
Orlando
Reviewed November 16, 2012

So many nice things to say about this hotel.
Upon check in a nice young lady, Sarah, was very helpful making sure we knew enough
about the area for eating and shopping. Her personality set off the 4 nights to a great start.
The room was large, clean and comfortable. Waking up to such a nice breakfast was an added
benefit, as well as the general friendliness of the staff.
Upon check out, surprisingly Sarah was there to help us check out - yes, would stay there again.
PS: Love the bath products, especially since they are Bath & Body Works.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Love2cook
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that your stay was great. We agree that Sarah is a gem and she exemplifies the warmth and hospitality of our brand. I certainly hope you return soon and I get the opportunity to meet you and thank you in person.
Spanaway
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We always enjoy staying at the Homewood Suites Lake Mary when we visit my husband's parents in Wekiva Falls, Florida. We have lots of choices of places to stay, but we always return here! They offer a great variety of breakfast choices (free) and a light dinner Monday - Thursday evenings! There are cookies on the counter after 3 pm also! There is a pool outdoors, an indoor fitness center, coin-op laundry facilities ($2/wash/$2 dry) on the 2nd floor, very roomy suites with a separate bedroom from the living room. And the staff at the Homewood suites is very helpful and accommodating! It's right off Lake Mary Boulevard and I-4 so easy access! As I said, there are lots of choices in the area of places to stay, but we always keep returning to the Homewood suites. Oh, and the rooms are quiet! You can open your windows if you want fresh air, and when it's hot you also have a/c! The rooms also have free internet!

Room Tip: We've been on the 1st floor and the 5th floor, not a bad room around. If you are a non-smoker...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherry H
Thank you for your kind review and thank you for being a loyal return customer. I was especially delighted to hear that you have stayed on the 5th floor, are a non-smoker and found it to be just as delightful experience as the 1st floor. Our only smoking rooms are located on the lower end of the 5th floor and we strive to keep it contained to that area. It sounds like we are doing a good job. Since you return every year and we are undergoing a full renovation in June, I can't wait until you return next year to get your opinion!