“Great Place to Stay for Sports Spring Breaks”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Cumberland, Maine
“Great Place to Stay for Sports Spring Breaks”
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We recently stayed at the Homewood Suites while in Florida to see our son's Spring Break lacrosse games. The hotel was very conveniently located near the lacrosse fields at Sylvan Lake Park - only about 10 minutes away. The area has many dining options, and if you're so inclined only about 40 minutes from Orlando. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and the staff was excellent. There is a morning breakfast and afternoon "manager's reception." The breakfast was perfect - we never attended an evening "reception", but others at the hotel said it was great. The rooms are spacious, and it is a huge bonus to have two TVs. Pool was clean, with plenty of chairs. There is a great walking path just over the bridge towards Sylvan Lake Park. We'll be back next year!

• Liked — The location!
  • Disliked — Bathroom could have been a little cleaner.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cumberlandmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chelmsford, MA
Reviewed September 4, 2007

This was a great hotel, clean and reasonably priced. Hot breakfast included, friendly staff and all the features you would need in a hotel/suite. Also, the area is very nice with many restaurant choices. Seemed like a very affluent area just 30 minutes out of Orlando. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2007
6 Thank manatee181
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We weren't sure what to expect when we received this hotel through Hotwire. We never stayed in a hotel in Florida that was on the outskirts of a major city. It was very easy to find, a couple of minutes from I4. The hotel room was clean and extremely spacious. We had our our kitchette and a separate door that enclosed the bedroom. The bed was also very comfortable. The room was very clean (i.e. the washroom was well kept). The staff was great and delivered towels or anything we needed within minutes. The area itself was also great, Wal Greens, TGIF, Dunkin Donuts are located a few minutes from the hotel (walking distance if it's not too hot!). Overall, I would definitely stay here again; we had a wonderful experience.

• Liked — Cleanliness of rooms and convenience of stores available
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank madtrisha
Genoa, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Our family has stayed at several Homewood Suites the staff at the Lake Mary, FL was by far the rudest staff we have ever had. The woman that was running the breakfast should NOT be working with the public. If you asked her to bring or stock up something she got mad and stormed off into the kitchen area. Is it that hard to say we are out or there won't be anymore of that item today. Sharply at 10:00 on a Sunday there were about 10 people getting their food and she turned the lights off and started putting the food away. Then about 5 staff members came down and started grabbing what they could, filling up plates. Then some man came and started helping her bring everything to the kitchen. I was going to say something to the manager until I realized this was the same man standing behind the check in counter and it would probably fall on deaf ears. We asked for a 6 a.m. wake up call which we never got. Finally when we went to check out the next day the woman behind the counter made us wait (for no reason) then turned and looked at my husband and said "YES?" like what do YOU want.

• Liked — 2 tv's in room
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank ndnuts2
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed June 5, 2006

I like staying at Homewood Suites and usually look for one when I travel. This one was really nice inside and out. The front desk staff was not so great. I wanted to check in early but was told to return at 4 pm. So I sat in the lobby and watched them check in several guests before 4. Finally I demanded that they allow me to check in. The high speed internet connection is wireless in the rooms and they front desk only had 4 bridges for guests without wireless cards. So I was not able to access email or orther work stuff in the room. The breakfast was good. The hotel is located within walking distance of many nice restaurants.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank Robb100
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 24, 2006

I travel a lot for my job (about 2 weeks a month) and have been to Florida a few times. The hotels in this state tend to be hit or miss. I can honestly tell you this is a BIG hit! Very clean, good location, quiet, friendly helpful staff and most of all, all of the amenities of home:

- A stove
- Good size fridge/freezer
- Seperate sleeping and living quarters
- Free internet
- Windows that open so you can get fresh air
- W/D units available onsite
- Good close by restaurants

The only gripe I have is finding the place. From the main roads you really do not see any signs.

I will stay here again, even if they raised the price substantially!
Vinny

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 25, 2006

This was one of the nicest places I have stayed in. On business, I stayed for 2 days. The breakfast was excellent, the staff was friendly and the housekeeping did a great job. The gym was average and the outside pool was nice, although I didn't use it. If you're planning a trip to the Orlando area this is a great place to stay if you don't want to be in all the hustle and bustle of the "tourist area" and is not a far drive to downtown and Disney. All in all a wonderful stay and I would definitely recomend this property.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business