“Not your typical Homewood Suites, which is not a good thing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not your typical Homewood Suites, which is not a good thing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I usually love to stay at Homewood Suites, and I generally do not like to rate a hotel as poor, but this one was really awful. We travel alot for swim meets, so having a full size refrigerator with a freezer is a priority for us. Thankfully, we were only there for one night because this property is not up to Homewood Suites typical standards. Right off the bat, the rooms are tiny for Homewood Suites. The "full size refrigerator" was not much larger than my daughter's dorm size refrigerator that is only 4.5 Cubic Feet, so the refrigerators at this hotel are more like very small apartment sized. The freezer could not even freeze my four Go-Gurts that were partially frozen when we got there. There was a terrible smell of sour milk in the room. When I went to the front desk and explained the awful smell, the clerk offered to change my room but there was not another room with two doubles in the hotel. I dont like to ask to be upgraded as I am Hilton Gold Member, but an upgrade was not even offered and neither was a discount. I probably should have complained more, but honestly, I was tired and we had to be up early, so I did not want to get into an argument. The room we were in was badly worn and the carpet had stains on it. However, it was not until the morning when I went to make a cup of coffee that I was completely grossed out. The coffee pot was so filthy, dirty and smelly that I decided to drink the awful stuff at the breakfast. Normally, if I am unsure of a hotel I will bring my mini-Keurig so that I can be sure to have good coffee in the morning, but I guess I had become too comfortable with the Homewood Suites having clean coffee pots, so I decided not to bring it. I will not forget it this weekend when I will be in Daytona at a Residence Inn because this Homewood Suites disappointed me so much that I did not want to chance stayingat the Homewood Suites in Daytona for 3 days and have issues. Also, the smoking rooms are all mixed in with non-smoking rooms which is a terrible way to do business in this day and age. My non-smoking room was directly across from a room that was smoking. Walking down the hall to the ice machine, the smells of cigarettes and cigars was disgusting. I wish Hilton would make all of their properties smoke free.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank trish149

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
SE LONDON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My Husband, Son and I stayed here for 3 nights in room 411 in May. James on the front desk was nice and helpful (my son loved the hot cookies put out in the afternoons). The room was nice but to be honest this is the smalled 'suite' we have stayed in. The A/C was very noisey and cuts in and out throughout the night. We really didnt like the breakfast, we ended up eating breakfast out for 2 of the days. Seemed like cheap ingredients. The pool was lovely and my boys swam in it twice. Would I stay there again? maybe but probably go for a 2 bedroom suite - if the price was right. On the second day we came back and our room had not been cleaned - we told reception and when we came back it was cleaned.

1 Thank AUTISMSMITH
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed for a week-very pleasant surroundings.Our suite was 402. Clean,and comfortable.Only compliant was that the shower wall appeared to have been damaged by cleaning products as it had deep scratches on it.This looked like dirt. Of course it was not dirty,-looked like someone had used a SOS pad on it. Also the A/C was noisey the first 2 nights then worked like a charm after. We had a light bulb go out,a young man was there within minutes of calling the front desk!!! The pool area is beautiful! relaxing! They serve breakfast(full)everyday and a light meal Mon-Thurs 5pm-7pm. This came in handy. The location, is kind of far from Disney but perfect if you are not into Disney.We were visiting family in Altamonte Springs.I would most likely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want,request a room overlooking the pool-Our suite, faced the front.
sparta, new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from Thursday May 10, 2012 til Sunday May 13, 2012. Typical Homewood Suites, have stayed here before and will stay here again. Close to all locations, comfortable and clean. Breakfast is ok, wish they had the waffle maker. Nice location. They even had a dinner on Thursday night when we arrived. All the staff were very friendly. Check in and out were very easy.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor in the middle of the hotel. Good location, clean rooms.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Clean, comfortable and quiet. No complaints. We only wish the breakfast was extended to 9:30.

We slept well, and that's what's most important. :o)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Umatilla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Our weekend at the Homewood Sutes by Hilton Lake Mary Florida was over the top. The staff was so friendly. Troy (front destk) and John (maintenance) were so accomodating to our wedding party. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. Teena Stoneking, Umatilla FL

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, we reserved 2 double suites and 1 single. Beds were very comfortable and room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel was great! The rooms were very spacious and clean, they beds very comfortable. The breakfast that was included offered different hot items each morning and everything was really yummy. Very centrally located - not far from beaches or theme parks. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by as well. Staff was very friendly and helpful as well.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are great when traveling with several family members and friends.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family