“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Towson, Maryland
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The suite was large, clean and beautifully equipped. The food in the evening and morning was carefully prepared, hot and plentiful. Maybe the best overnight stay I have ever had. This place should be named valuewood suites.
Bob dare of stay 12/6/2011

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I cant express how much I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was clean, roomy, and most important of all in a hotel, comfortable. Granted the little shop in the lobby is overpriced, but HEY, ther'es a ton of stuff nearby. The staff was kind and courteous, and they made me feel welcome and at home. Free breakfast, wi-fi, and just about anything you could ask for. Any issues, like needing some fresh towels, or an extra pillow, seems like its handled instantly, I put the phone down, and theres my pillow. (I think they use star trek technologoy, im not sure.)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
miami florida
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I travel a lot and have stayed at many hotels, I rate them on how clean and well maintained they are, the friendliness of the staff, the quality of the food and the value that I get for my stay, I have to give this hotel high marks all around. The hotel is in a great location near restaurants and shops, I was impressed by the staff, they where very friendly and knowledgeable about the area, they went out of their way in providing direction to a meeting I had the next the morning. Breakfast was fresh and well presented. The other thing that really impressed me was the dinner and complimentary wine and beer they serve at the reception from 5 to 7. This is a really nice hotel, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a room near lake Marry.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bristol, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2011

An excellent place to stay. This hotel is clean and comfortable but there is more than meets the eye. The location is very convenient. Just seconds from the Interstate and walking distance to restaurants.Free breakfast AND evening reception. Free parking, a shop in the lobby with snacks and drinks, nice pool, and friendly staff. Why would you stay anywhere else?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Stockton, California
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have stayed in qute a few Hotels do to my job that requires much travel throughout the USA and I must say this is by far the best bar none.
The managment all the way to the grounds is something to be very proud of not to mention the stainless appliances
I am recomending to my company that our agent book all our travel stays there to be at the Homewood.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I checked into this hotel late at night, and had an important meeting the next morning. About a half hour after check in I hear a knock at the door and see a man with his hands on his hips. When I asked him what the problem was he very rudly told me that I called 911 and the police were on the way. I told him there must be a misunderstanding. The police show up and search the room and find nothing. 5 minutes later again a knock at the door, I open it and there is the same fool that was there previously. He told me that the phone system had been malfunctioning and called 911 and referenced my room. Excuse me! The police were just here searching my room and I catch attitude from hotel staff, and their phone system was malfunctioning? Received no opology and checked out the next morning. We have an office in the area and I have several friends that have also had this problem. Staying here is a mistake, and I am a hilton honors diamond member.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank BuffaloSlim
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
I am very sorry to hear of the problem that you encountered with our malfunctioning phone system. Please be assured the phone maintenance company was called immediately so that no other guest was subject to the inconvenience that you were.
The night auditor has also received training on how to respond to such emergencies.
Thank you for being a Hilton loyal customer and I certainly hope that you give us another opportunity to make your stay a great one.
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed at this Homewood Suites hotel for 37 consecutive nights. Don't get me wrong...My stay was very comfortable, as the staff was very good & the hotel is very clean. I ran into issues on the day of check-out when housekeeping took several 'select' items out of my room when I was out, prior to my check-out. After I notified the staff of the issue, it took 45 mins for them to locate & return my items -AND- they brought back more items than I mentioned were missing (most belonging to me). This all went down when while a District Mgr was in the hotel & I'm VERY disappointed in how the Management Team handled my issue. The GM didn't seem to really care that I was upset & the District Mgr was thanking me for uncovering a "training opportunity", rather than thanking me for my business the last 37 night & ensuring I was completely satisfied with how the issue was rectified...WHICH I WAS NOT!

THANKS FOR NOTHING HOMEWOOD - LAKE MARY!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Todd F
Dear Todd F - I am definitely disappointed that our views of this situation were so far apart. There was no district manager in the hotel. I am the General Manager that retrieved your items and spoke with you while you waited in your truck outside. When I thanked your for voicing your concerns and giving me a topic for training purposes, it was after you told me that your 37 night stay had been perfect up until check out. I thought that meant that everything was fine until you checked out. The confusion began when you asked for a late check-out, then checked out before the normal check out time of 11 am. The houseman normally "strips" vacant rooms of linen and any item that will NOT be thrown away before the housekeepers enter to clean the room and dispose of any items that are considered disposable. When you checked out and put your luggage in your vehicle, the staff assumed you were gone. I am truly sorry that this misunderstanding occurred and have since spoken with our executive housekeeper to review policy on stripping items from rooms before 11 am. We do value our customers and value highly the army linguistics group that you represented. I hope that you return in the future to allow us the opportunity to allow you a seamless and perfect stay from check in to check out.