“Good Value, Some Noise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
New Mexico
“Good Value, Some Noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed in Lake Mary because it's on the way to Blue Spring State Park (though the park is still a bit further, in Orange City). Lake Mary is a nice alternative to Orlando.
Overall, this hotel is a good value for the price. I've stayed there twice. It's located in the North Pointe Business park, so it feels like you're getting lost before you find it. This area is not pedestrian or bicycle friendly and there are no sidewalks.
Breakfast was good. Items included waffles, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cereal, toast and muffins and the usual beverages. A strip mall, the Lake Mary Center, is across the street. A local ale house is there. It's not visible from the street. It looked popular, but we didn't go in.
This hotel has some highway noise. I suggest getting an odd number room (the side away from the highway) and a room on a lower floor. Though higher floors are usually desirable, in this case the landscape could help buffer the noise a bit. The staff is professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered, lower floor room to help buffer the highway noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I needed a place that was close to Winter Park, FL to look for apartments for my son who will be going to Full Sail University and this was perfect. It was 12 miles from the college but not so close that we had to deal with college kids or spring breakers down going to Disney. I was a little apprehensive about the animals and thought about taking an upper floor where there are none but we didn't have an issue at all. I think I heard one dog bark when we left our room for dinner but that was all. The carpets looked new and our room, while not elaborate was very clean and tastefully decorated. The thermostat that I usually fight with in hotels was easy to adjust and kept a constant temperature. I slept great! If you want a four course breakfast go somewhere else, but I enjoy a light breakfast and they had plenty of fruit, cereal, Belgian waffles (if you like something hot), yogurt, boiled eggs and such. There was someone constantly passing through the lobby cleaning the tables and putting out fresh food. Definitely worth the price we paid for the room!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was a nice quiet location hidden in the trees but it was difficult to find. He signs are small and it's down a tree lined road. It has a nicely appointed lobby with clean rooms and nice crisp sheets. The hotel does seem to be well used and may need some touch ups on paint etc in the near future. Overall, it was a handy to shopping, restaurants and fairly close to the airport. I would definitely stay there again now that I know where it is located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marjorie W
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel was a great value for the price. (Booked hotel on its web site). I took several associates for a management seminar just 15 minutes from this location and I was so glad I did. Would you believe there were no complaints. The rooms were perfect and the beds were excellent. Breakfast was very good and the food was fresh. The employees were super friendly and answered all my questions. I would rate this hotel a 3 star. I live in West Palm Beach, fla and get to stay all over florida. Believe me, I write reviews all the time this star rating for me, is no mistake. You will not be disappointed with hotel. Happy Traveling.......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Concho, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We only stayed one night for a very early flight out of Sanford. It was convenient and comfortable. We did not have a chance to try the breakfast but the service was good. Beware if using a GPS to find the place. Ours brought us to a point over a mile away and we had to contact the hotel for directions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1036 Greenwood Blvd
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1040 Greenwood Blvd

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary? Share your experiences!