“Good Food!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Fort Madison, Iowa
“Good Food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner while we were in town for the Daytona 500. Usually when a restaurant features pretty women by design as waitresses, the food doesn't match the quality of the women. The food was good here. I would visit again.

Visited February 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just so-so”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Service was very slow. I ordered a Chicken Caesar Wrap and got mostly lettuce. The homemade pickles were the highlight of the evening!

Visited January 2014
Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should be Sux's instead of Jax's”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've been to Jax's several times over the years and have not been impressed. Normally I get one of their sandwiches,stay away from the Beef on Weck it's salty and dry. This time ,at the recommendation of someone else I went to try their wings,big mistake.
I found a table and noticed all but a couple of TV's had the news on,I thought this was a sports bar, no biggie but it would have been nice to at least have the words on the screen as they spoke. I sat at my table for what seemed like an eternity before a waitress wandered over to drop a menu then walking off. Another one showed up and took my drink order,she was much better. I ended up ordering wings and a side salad. When the salad showed up it was a normal salad,the tomatoes were mushy and the red onion had a taste that wasn't onion like,still not sure what it was. The wings were brought out by who I assume was the cook/manager and he let me know they had dropped a couple on the floor and more would be coming out to complete the order. The wings were cruchy/chewy/overcooked.The ones they brought out to complete the order tasted like they had been soaked in celery and a bit undercooked. I got my check,paid the tab,was shortchanged and beat a hasty retreat out the door vowing to never darken the door of that place again. Oh yea, there was about 6 adults and 3 small kids in the place. Have no idea how they are in business. Sure can't be the food and service.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank nthwk26899
Fergus, Canada
“New Years eve”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

this hotel is within walking distance to the La Quinta Mary Lake ..the waitress was amazing and friendly . the food was good ..but I have shellfish allergy and wheat allergy so limited menu for that. nice atmosphere

Visited December 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Thank you Nicole”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The family and myself came across this place by pure accident as we managed to get ourselves lost in Florida trying to find the port of our cruise ship, which happened to be in the other direction.
The staff at Jax bar were all extremley kind and helpful allowing us to use there phone to call the port , and a taxi to try to get us there as soon as possible. Unfortunatley we didn't make our cruise so decided to return to Jax for drinks, ice, chips and a game of pool. We would like to say a big thanks to Nicole who tried her best to cheer us up, and even paid a bill with out telling us as her shift finished before we left.
Thanks Nicole

• Visited July 2013

Been to Jax 5th Ave Deli & Ale House? Share your experiences!