“Excellent service, one of the best restaurants in LM”

Amura Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Amura Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 148 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: THIS MOTHER'S DAY TEPPAN SPECIAL!!! 50% OFF FOR MOTHER'S!! Amura is best known for their fun and vibrant sushi. Rated as one of the best by critics as well as people"s choice for the past 11 years, Amura provides freshness and creativity in their presentation and not only tends to please the eye, but provides a taste that is quite delicious to the lips. Come experience our warm atmosphere and the best sushi in the Lake Mary area that will have you coming back for more.
Orlando
“Excellent service, one of the best restaurants in LM”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been to Amura a few times for special events, have focused on company over food. I recently had a very disappointing meal at Fishbones so I approached tonight with a critical eye. I have read a lot of criticism of the service but our waitress, Haruhi, was excellent. She was knowledgeable of the menu, gracious with questions and accommodations, and attentive without being intrusive throughout our dinner. We all enjoyed our meals - sushi and vegetarian - and we had very good cocktails. I will be happy to give Amura our business when looking for a special night out in Lake Mary.

• Visited July 2014

Worcester, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I went on a Thursday which is ladies night, $2 martinis! Service was not good at all. We did the hibachi and it was really good! - a little overpriced though. The hibachi cook was good.

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“VOLCANO ROLL”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

we have been here multiple of times, due to our condo being across the street. I had never had sushi before I ate at Amura the first time (2010) but now, I cannot find a sushi anywhere that compares to it. It has a great variety for all stages of sushi liking. I personally love spice, so the volcano roll is my go to. The topping on it is fabulous. The staff is not the most attentive, just depends on the time of day you go if they are on their a game versus their c game. But I will be back there in a few weeks without a doubt. Never have done their habachi, due to just always wanting their sushi! Been to Amura way too many times to count.

• Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great food - sometimes inattentive staff”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Very good sushi. Place is huge and loud - hard to have a conversation. Usually order as take out but a few times phone has rung and rung with no answer or answered to be out on hold and then disconnected. Often a wait for a seat. It is very good sushi - just takes some patience and a good set of lungs to have a conversation.

• Visited March 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Poor Service - Go for sushi, not hibachi ”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We went to eat at Amura's on Father's Day. For one, their prices are high. At 99.9% of hibachi restaurants you get soup and salad. Here you get the choice of either. If you want fried rice it is $2 extra. Again, at 99.9% of these restaurants fried rice is included. The prices are already high and to get these additional expenses was bothersome. My party got seated and we had already ordered and gone through the round of salads/soup when they sat down an additional party with us. This party was not ready to order. After waiting a while I took my son to the bathroom, which was outside of the restaurant. It was slightly raining so this was an inconvenience. The bathroom was a gloried port-a-john as theirs was getting repaired. By the time I returned dinner had still not been started and we were already there for about 40 minutes. I immediately asked for the check as I wanted to leave. They were cordial and comped the 3 salads, one soup, and one soda that we had in our 40 minutes of waiting. I really enjoy this place for sushi, but stay away from the hibachi area.