“Great food, reasonable prices”

Cheng's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 152 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Let me start off by saying my husband and I are extremely picky when it comes to food, especially Chinese food. Chengs is by far one of the top notch Chinese restaurants in the area. They have never disappointed us (slight language barrier sometimes, but that is to be expected). Their buffet is a perfect treat for lunch, and we order takeout from them from time to time. Always a good experience. The only complaint I have is that they do not offer brown rice, but I won't hold that against them. Keep up the good work, Chengs!!! :-)

Reviewed January 26, 2012

The food here is good, thats why they always are busy with take-out orders. Also because the service is not good. You will hardly ever see anyone INSIDE this restaurant eating. My sister and I ate there twice. Both times service was slow (though restaurant was empty) but food was good. The second time we went there, my sister did not like what she ordered and the waitress gave her a hard time about it. Not cool. Needless to say we have not been back there nor ordered take out.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

These places seem to propagate like rabbits - is it me, or does it seem like there is one of these eat-in buffet/take-out Chinese reataurants in almost every shopping center in Seminole county? The food tastes pretty much all the same - the flavors kind of all run together until you cannot remember what you ordered - was it Moo Goo Gai Pan, or Garlic Chicken, or Hunan Chicken, or General Tso's Chicken - what was that meat? Oh well, the rice and the vegetables and the meat with the sauce are usually fair at filling the void in your stomach for a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

I went for an evening meal on a Monday evening, I was the only one there! Meal was acceptable, just. Meat was rather chewy and thats saying something since I'm from the UK (UK has a worse reputation for meat quality than the US). Price of the meal was not particularly competitive either. The service was very freindly but I had quite a lot of trouble getting attention when I wanted to pay the bill. The waitress was more interested in her ipod than in me.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

I made a very late order at 9:50 (they close at 10). They were still willing to
make the order and it was ready when I got there 9 minutes later at 1 minute to
close. Very nice staff. Usually I don't order items like General Tso's
chicken from anywhere, because it is a recipe created in America rather than
anywhere in Asia, but for some unknown reason I had a craving. I rate their Tso
a 3 (out of a possible 4) Star General. The egg rolls were awesome.

As far as Shannonigans2 review, sounds like either the owner was having the
worst day of their life, or this review is skewed due to reviewer's relationship
with the party involved or both. I only have a couple of years or so in the
business from back in college, but I did learn that you should give
your server a head's up on the coupon situation before you order. All restaurant
coupons I have ever seen say something like "limit: 1 coupon per party."
Nothing about splitting checks magically making 1 party into 2.