“GREAT PLACE!”

Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida, United States
“GREAT PLACE!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I went to Macaroni Grill in Lake Mary. Before we went we read the reviews and were not really excited about going but we figured we would try it. To our surprise the reviews we read were way off base. The service was excellent our waitress Jayna was very attentive and helpful, she knew the food menu and told us about any dish we asked. I ordered the BBQ steak meal and my wife ordered the lamb chop meal. The steak was excellent, cooked perfect, tender and the mac and cheese that comes with the meal is the best I ever had! My wife's lamb chop was huge, looked like a dinosaur lamb, tender, flavorful, and cooked perfect also. The whole experience was excellent and we will be back. I highly recommend this place to anyone! Excellent excellent excellent!!

• Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“I hope the chef was off”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a reservation for a family birthday, we were a total of 12.

Drinks and bread came relatively fast, and did get our order for appetizers for the table sent in fast. Calamari was rubbery, Zucchini ok, but too cold, i.e. been sitting for a while before the server picked up, or pre prepared in the kitchen.
Part of the main couses, i.e. chicken parm undercooked. The only think which was decent was lasagna and pizza, so will certainly not come back. Give it 2 stars as service was better than one, food only deserves one start

• Visited December 2012
Denny, UK
“A pleasant experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Good food and wine. Service with a smile and the restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere. You are greeted and treated in a manner suggesting that the staff are delighted to see and serve you.

Visited November 2012
Lake Mary, Florida
“The service has not changed”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Last time we ate here, we commented on the poor service. We ate here last Friday for a family birthday - and the service continue to be poor. We had reservations with 7 adults and 2 children under the age of 4. After the order was taken and drinks were served, and the bread was brought out - that we the last time we saw the server, except for drink refills. We asked for more bread - which the 2 year old almost ate entire load. After over 30 minutes we asked the server to check; and then asked if just the kids could be served and we would wait. That didn't happen. 15 minutes later the adults in our group were served in increments; the children were dead last in service. Food was good hoever; although I ordered a side dish that was never brought to the table. No wonder they add gratuity automatically to every check - every check!!!! Otherwise, the tip would have matched the service. Someone dressed differently - I didn't ask but could have been managment came to the table to ask their usual about the meal. I asked why the kids could not have been served first, even if the kitchen was slow - but he said most people like kids eating with the others. Why couldn't they have asked or brought out the food when I asked? If it wasn't for the other people making reservations here for convenience of people coming from out of Lake Mary - we never would have eaten here. Too bad - we used to really like coming here.

• Visited December 2012
Spanaway
“Awesome service”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great food, terrific service, next to the Homewood Suites - will definitely return. (wear a sweater, I was a bit chilly.

Visited November 2012