“Best baklava I've ever had”

Istanbul Turkish Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Istanbul Turkish Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 145 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: International Parkway Drive
Florida
“Best baklava I've ever had”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal. Everyone really enjoyed it, even the kids. The baklava was so fresh and delicious. Service was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. We will be back

Sarasota, Florida
“Great find in Lake Mary”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We found this by looking on TA for places to eat around Sanford/Lake Mary. The reviews intrigued me so we gave them a try. At lunch the place was quite empty---usually not a good sign. That said, the waitstaff were so friendly and attentive. I asked them to recommend two dishes from the lunch menu. We had the lamb kabob and a skewered ground and spiced lamb dish (can't remember the name). Both entrees came with shredded carrots and cabbage and both were delicious. Portions were adequate for lunch. We tried the baklava for dessert and it was crunchy, not overly sweet and a great finish to a nice meal. Definitely give them a try if you're in the area. Note: We were waiting to take the auto train---and this place is about 4 miles away--very convenient.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Turkish dining experience.”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Arrived around 6 after a movie to have a special birthday dinner with a friend. The decor is lovely and the waiter was very attentive. My friend purports to "hate lamb," so obviously it was my goal to change his mind. I ordered the ground lamb and my friend ordered the beef kebab. I think my friend actually liked my lamb better! It was seasoned perfectly with just the right amount of garlic and herbs. We ordered hummus to go with the bread--divine! Only 2 small suggestions...bring the bread early instead of with the meal so there's something to snack on while waiting for the entree, and remind the bartender that martinis require olives!

• Visited November 2013
La
“Unique dining”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

For those looking for a meal out of the ordinary this is the place. Welcoming, friendly staff provide timely service. 5 star food at 4 star prices. Not for the traditional eater, but great fresh ingrediants, made to order food - best lamb I've ever had.

Orlando, Florida
“impressive”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went there for an early lunch so we cannot say much about atmosphere, the waitress was very attentive and someone who could have been the owner or manager check on us ; the food was delicious, planning on going back !

• Visited August 2013