“Absolutely Loved Dining at Lonnies”

Lonnie's Fusion Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 145 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Lake Mary's newest culinary concept offers a diverse selection of world cuisine that's sure to get your taste buds popping. Small intimate restaurant with amazing food. Head Chef and owner Lonnie Proctor has a passion for food and it shows in every meal he creates. So make your reservation now and discover a new favorite dish from Chef Lonnie.
Orlando, Florida
“Absolutely Loved Dining at Lonnies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last night, I dined at Lonnie's Fusion Cuisine which is next door to our travel agency. I was so delighted that I had to write about my experience. My menu selection was the glazed salmon with wild rice pilaf and a sauteed brocolli combination for a side dish. The way Lonnie prepares the salmon is fantastic...and the glaze is marvelous. I asked for it to be well done with no skin on either side. It was perfect. He buys his seafood at the best market in Central Florida. The wild rice and the brocolli was absolutely delicious.

Lonnie's restaurant is small with booths and a bar but nicely decorated. Lonnie is very personable and makes a wonderful host. My service was timely. The only negative comment is that the caeser salad which came with the meal was just okay but still good.

This is an excellent restaurant. If you live in the area or driving in that direction, please stop by. You won't be disappointed. There is also outdoor seating if the weather is lovely as it usually is.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank PhyllisD534

florida
“Great local spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Had fish tacos and didn't disappoint. Across from a small park where the farmers market is weekly. Recommend

2 Thank cindymay
“Excellent meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch at Lonnie's and was very pleasantly surprised! The food was so unique and delicious. We both had the fish tacos with French onion soup. The sauce and salsa on the fish tacos was the most perfect flavor combination you could imagine, just delicious! The French onion soup had very little cheese, that would be my only complaint with the meal. Our server was very friendly but slow to refill drinks and bring silverware, especially considering the restaurant was nearly empty. We will absolutely return and try. Something new!

2 Thank Faith L
“Amazing food and service. A must try. The salmon was excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Wonderful service and great food. The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is welcoming and friendly.

5 Thank Stroop84
Orlando, Florida, United States
“DELISH ......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am a very picky eater and its often diifficult for my husband and I to agree on a place. We have very close family friends who work at Lonnies and we wanted to support our friends and the new local business. First of all we called (it was a lil late) to see if a table was available (reservations are suggested) The woman who took the call was so kind and said yes we have a table waiting for you come on in. Since, It is a smaller, quaint restuaurant (which we love) It gives them time to carefully prepare your meal to order. We were immediatly greeted and taken right to our table by our server. An added bonus we visited by our favorite.... family friend; )

We ordered the tempura tuna roll! Yummy! The Mussels were also so tasty and yummy the sauce was a delish wish I had more bread to sop it all up. We each got a salad that was so fresh and crisp.... the entrees we ordered were the Salmon and the Chicken Champagne! I am no a Salmon eater HOWEVER... we will be returning there for this dish it was amazing! Champagne chicken was a healthy portion and tasty. For desert.... Pumpkin chesscake... Also it was a light airy type cheese cake with a cream cheese top. We loved it!

• Visited November 2012