“Great menu, good food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
lake mary, fl
“Great menu, good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

a nice additional to the Colonial Town Center close to Liam Fitzpatrick's, across from Amura, in the old Carlos & Charlies space. The decor is really lovely, beautiful bar, and the menu of quite large and reasonably priced. I found the appetizers much more appealing than the regular menu and would recommend appetizers on the outdoor front patio. Limited seating outside but a great place for appetizers, drinks, and outdoor seating.

Visited September 2012

“Stare Down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

After sitting for 5 minutes with no service, a waiter would pass our table multiple times and stare. I went there with my husband for our anniversary. There were approximately 3 other parties in the entire restaurant. The person out front singing was also horrible.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Longwood, Florida
“Service needs improvement, food was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Tried Blue Elephant with the hubby for the 1st time last night. Wanted to try the new restaurant, but we were not terribly impressed.
We were seated right away and given menus-which were a little confusing because we don't eat Thai food and were not familiar with the items on the menu or the different types of curry sauce.
Finally a waiter comes over and asks if we were ready to order or needed more time. No explanation of the menu, no offer to get us drinks. I said we needed more time to figure out the menu-but before I could get another word out-ask for help or a glass of wine whoosh he was gone! Then we had to wait some more before he came back to order drinks. He never offered to help interpret the menu, and I was already getting perturbed by then so we just ordered.
For appetizers my husband got dumplings which were good, and I got a traditional Thai soup which I forget the name but had shrimp and lemongrass. The soup was so full of hot sauce I could only pick the mushrooms and shrimp out, I couldn't eat the broth.
No one came around to see how things were or offer more drinks. It took a long time to order and a long time to get appetizers so drinks were empty. It was not crowded so I don't know what the hold up was.
Another waitress came with our entrees. She took my husbands silverware with his appetizer plate and didn't bring more, and didn't refill drinks. By this time, I am getting p.o.'d because hubby can't eat and I'm thirsty. I flagged down the waiter by waving my arms over my head. I really don't think that is something a restaurant patron should ever have to do!
My entree was quite good. I got the grilled prawns with curry sauce. I forgot what my husband got, but he didn't like it. The accompaniment rice was not hot, not warm and probably a food born illness breeding temperature-but there was no waiter around to send it back.
I would not recommend the Blue Elephant. I don't think we'll ever go back. It would be nice to get more good restaurants in the Colonial Town Center, but I can't imagine this one will last long.

• Visited October 2012
Sanford, Florida
“OK food but not much atmospher”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Myself, my husband and my two children have eaten at the Blue Elephant. We are all huge fans of thai food but I must say that I was a little disappointed. The restaurant is stunning and the outdoor seating is great for people watching. Unfortunately the staff seemed a little haphazard with their serving. Whether this was because it had only just opened I do not know. The food tasted great but was luke warm when presented to us. I would definitely give it another try as it is close to where we live to see whether these were just teething troubles.

Visited September 2012
Lake Mary, Florida
“Beautiful atmosphere. Food just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went for dinner on a Friday. Atmosphere was excellent. Food was a bit bland. Service uninspired. May go back for drinks and apps but that is it.

• Visited October 2012