“Sadly, this place has huge problems.”
Review of Cozee Cafe

Cozee Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Cozee Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 148 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Orlando, Florida
“Sadly, this place has huge problems.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I'd love to give this place a good review. Love the location (we live nearby) and the feel of the cafe, and the menu has potential. Unfortunately, the breakfast we had this morning was an awful experience. We entered the cafe and took seats at a table after one gal at the counter assured me there was table service. Waited about 7-8 minutes (my wife had gone to the restroom and returned), without a visit from a waiter. Then, another couple sat nearby and, within 30 seconds, a waiter was at their table taking their order. We let them know that we would also like to order and a waiter came to the table. Ok, chalk that up to disorganization.
I ordered a hot breakfast and coffee, my wife asked for oatmeal. When breakfast arrived, the omelette I order, along with the "home fries" and English muffin, we're absolutely stone cold - no warmth to anything whatsoever. I thought about sending it back, but there was no time. I picked on some of it and left the rest. Curiously, when the waiter picked up the plate, she did not ask if everything was ok. In fact, no one ever asked if things were ok. My wife said her oatmeal was tasty, otherwise my rating for this visit would be worse.
In addition, no spoon was brought with the oatmeal, no butter was brought for the cold English muffin, coffee refill was brought with no creamers. I went to the counter to ask for these (I asked a waiter for the creamers when he brought the coffee refill, but he immediately went to another table to take their order).
All-in-all, this was awful. I would also recommend other places for breakfast, based on our experience. I hope they straighten out these problems, but I saw no desire by the staff to even know about the problems.

Visited October 2013
Cozee C, General Manager at Cozee Cafe, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Under new ownership and management as of March 2014! Please come by to checkout the new Cozee Cafe, The Corner Bistro!

Lake Mary, Florida
“Great espresso and favorite coffee house”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Cozee Cafe has an extensive menu for being a tiny little hometown coffee shop. We go for breakfast and coffee, but they serve lunch, dinner wine and beer as well. Love their croissant breakfast sandwich with an americano. Great prices, fantastic service and easy access.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank LakeMaryCindy
“I highly recommend this place!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are out of town guests to this area so we have no idea of the do's and don'ts around here but we lucked out with this place. We had great service and great food and is a perfect place for grabbing a bite to eat after going to the movie theatre right across the street from it! I recommend the fiesta wrap. My husband and I were very pleased and it is very reasonably priced. Their iced coffee is excellent too! I may have to go back for more before we leave town.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mjsnead
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service with a really long wait.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there for breakfast after church. It took several minutes for the server to acknowledge our presence in the restaurant despite its being nearly empty. Once we took our seats it took an incredibly long time before the server took our order. After that no one checked on us, refilled our waters or brought us food for over half an hour. The food itself was fairy good and reasonably priced. The place would have potential if the server was friendly and attentive, and you didn't have to wait 45 minutes from the time you arrive until your food is served. Even after the food was served, they forgot the butter, syrup and water we requested. I'm not sure I have never written a review before, and I am certain I have never written a negative one. I am typically very easily pleased. Just be nice to me, and I'll be happy. Today was just such an awful dining experience that I wanted to warn others to stay away.

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Place for Lunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My sister and I stopped here for lunch on a Sunday, and we really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the food. The fiesta burger and the turkey/ranch pannini were delicious! Fries were really good too. The staff is very nice, and we had three different people come by the table to ask if there was anything else we needed.

The pannini my sister ordered was much larger than she expected so if you aren't very hungry, I would suggest that you share it with someone. The specialty coffee is also delicious (especially the caramel frappe).

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Matilda_26

Been to Cozee Cafe? Share your experiences!