“My favorite Hampton!!!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Conroe, Texas
“My favorite Hampton!!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Ok, I see there are already some reviews and I only want to write that they are all correct! I literally love this hotel. I travel a lot and stay in Hamptons about 95% of the time (about 40-60 nights a year). I love all the Hamptons for their quality and the fact I always know what I am going to get.

Usually though, I don't write a review because they are all the same and they are just a moderate priced, geared towards business people hotel. I just figure you have to know what you are getting into with a Hampton and no need to review one. But with this one I had to. Now granted, a lot has to do with the location, but still, that is important.

They have chosen a great location, that is safe, secure and super clean in only a way Orlando could do. The little area next to the hotel is great with a pizza place, an ice cream place, a coffee place, a sushi place, a latin place, an oriental place, some like chicken place, a cigar smoking cool little hangout, a grocery store, a movie theater, and Dexter's, which is kind of a catch all restaurant, but it has a nice bar area with TVs. Instead of having like five restaurants that are all the same, they have one of everything. Across the street is even more, but I haven't even ventured there yet.

As for the hotel, it is good enough that when I come back into town, I make sure I stay over here (three different stops so far). Everytime, the front desk is excellent. A couple of the weekdays, they have a little social like function, with pizza, hamburgers, or something like that, as well as drinks (you pay for the drinks). Breakfast is typical Hampton, but on the upscale (for Hamptons). The rooms are new, clean, smell great and are real comfortable. The beds are soft and good. The happiness of the hotel seems to make even the customers happy.

I have never had a problem here and don't figure you would. I even visited the pool and while it is in the front, it is surrounded by a very high cement wall and you don't see the parking lot. As far as I am concerned, everything is great!

• Liked — Comfort, staff, location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank donut44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 20, 2007

Newer hotel, with clean rooms, beautiful lobby/gathering area. Located in what feels like a safe secure area.

Stayed here for business. Solid internet access (wired in rooms wireless in lobby area). close to highway (half a mile), and walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, with pretty decent variety (all buffet style though, no cooked-to-order food). Included eggs, meats, waffles, muffins etc. They will make you a bag breakfast if you are leaving before normal breakfast service begins.

Didn't use the pool but it looks a little small-ish, and sort of overlooks the parking lot. Not a first choice if you're looking for a vacation resort pool experience.

• Liked — Clean and new
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Section311
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed April 13, 2007

Stayed one night in April, while attending a nearby athletic event. The hotel was extremely clean, well located (next to a newer town center type shopping area, with a movie complex and many shops and restaurants), and quiet. I particularly received excellent assistance
from the staff at the front desk (Ellyse and Xonnel). Each was extremely patient and helped with checking a web site to find updated
information about the athletic event, which due to technical difficulties by the web provider, required many intrusions on my part.

I find the Hampton Inn franchise (Hilton) to have really made a mark lately, and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Nothing, as it fully met expectations
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jbreview
new jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2007

This is a really great hotel... Very clean and nicely maintained. Also, located in a really nice shopping plaza with a supermarket and a few restaurants. Another great plus is it's right off a major highway I-4. Great Staff and management. Breakfast was also pretty good and I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. Enjoy!!!!

• Liked — Everything!!!
  • Disliked — breakfast selection could of been a little better
  • Tips/Secrets — get a car rental b/c you'll need it :-)
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank mayyam80
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed May 13, 2006

Rooms and bathrooms are clean and roomy. Beds are clean and very comfy. Service is excellent. Housekeeping is top-notch. Cost is very reasonable. I got a room with a mini-frig and microwave. The hotel is located very close to a grocery store, movie theater and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank ARBUFL
edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed March 24, 2006

A little late in writing but I see this property has very few reviews. My wife and I spent 2 nites at this hotel in July 2005 while attending the Pepsi 400 at Daytona. From our check in to our departure we can only say fantastic and what exceptional service and value for the money. The continental b'fast was great, and all staff at the hotel were exceptional. On the saturday nite the Pepsi 400 ran until 2:00 in the morning, and as a result we got to the hotel quite late or should I say quite early in the morning. They had no problems at all in allowing 2 extra hours for a late check out which allowed us to sleep a little longer. My final comments I wish that every hotel I stayed at was a great as this one. Rooms were very large, and the bed was very comfortable. Recommend without any hesitation whatsoever. If we return to Daytona again, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank gtrtfromyeg
Detroit, MI
Reviewed March 19, 2006

I travel to Lake Mary two to three times per year for business. I always stay here because I know the quality of the hotel. The great benefit of staying here are the restaurants, shops and movie theater around the corner within walking distance. I do not like eating in hotels or getting room service as I would rather venture out and find new places. Staff are great and if you do run into a problem, they will go out of their way to fix it for you. I prefer this hotel to many in the area that I have tried.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
#6 of 12 in Lake Mary
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark? Share your experiences!