I had blocked close to 70 rooms for a wedding block for my wedding. The location is very nice. You've got a strip mall with dining, grocery and Ruth's Chris steakhouse right outside the hotel. Make sure you checkout World of Beer in the strip mall outside the hotel. The location is convenient to I-4 and very easy access. The hotel sits off the main road and is surrounded by trees, for some this might make it difficult to find the hotel.
Hotel Itself: You can tell this hotel is the most recent prototype hotel, but it was a bit older than the ones I usually stay at. Very large lobby area and the hotel grounds were very clean. The furniture and decor are starting to show its age, but this shouldn't deter you from staying at the hotel. Breakfast area was rather large, but not updated with the new "perfect mix lobby". The elevators, meeting space and pantry area were clean and always accessible. The parking lot was bright and properly lit, making it seem safe while out at your car.
Rooms: The rooms were spotless and clean. Linens and towels were spotless. No one in my wedding party complained of a dirty room. If you get a standard single bed room or standard double, they are on the small side. Most of my party had suites so those were rather large. The furnishings and decor are becoming dated, but according to the staff they should be refurbishing soon. A few rooms had a musty smell from HVAC unit temperature being turned up, but after running HVAC unit everything was fine. No hot water issues, even when most of my group showered around the same time.
Free Internet: Worked perfect except for when you try using Apple Facetime or Skype. They don't have enough bandwidth to handle these applications. Not an issue, as most hotels with paid or free internet access have these issues.
Staff: Great, friendly and warm staff. They were engaging and always talkative with our group. Nothing negative to say. The sales staff I dealt with starting 8 months prior to arrival, were always on top of their game. They kept me filled in at all times and even going the extra mile to distribute our wedding party instructions and welcome bags to all my guest. You can tell the breakfast attendant was overwhelmed with our group, maybe additional help. Housekeeping staff was efficient, prompt and friendly.
Bottom line - great hotel, great location and great staff. Book early to get the cheapest price, otherwise this place can get pricy. Anything under $120 is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of both worlds from our quiet Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial Townpark. Our hotel is located in Lake Mary, FL, off Interstate 4. Walk to shops, restaurants and a movie theater in the adjacent retail center and find high-tech companies nearby.Our five-story hotel is 30 minutes from Orlando's Walt Disney World® and Universal® theme parks and 45 minutes from Daytona beaches and Daytona 500 racing. Treat the family to a sporting game at Amway Center or a day at the Central Florida Zoo. Discover boating and fishing at area lakes and golf courses near our hotel in Lake Mary, FL.Start your work or sightseeing day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast each morning. Relax and refresh on one of our Lake Mary, FL hotel's comfortable king- or queen-sized beds. Each of our 130 guest rooms and suites is equipped with free WiFi, a 32-inch HDTV, microwave and mini-refrigerator. Upgrade to a Studio Suite for more room, a sofa bed, wet bar and DVD player. Plan tomorrow's activities while reclining on your bed using our convenient lap desk.Enjoy the comforts of home and friendly service at our Lake Mary, FL hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Lake Mary At Colonial Townpark
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary At Colonial Townpark Hotel Lake Mary
- Hampton Inn Lake Mary
- Lake Mary Hampton Inn