“Great Place to Stay”

Candlewood Suites Lake Mary
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 days at Candlewood Suites in Lake Mary, to celebrate our anniversary. The accommodations could not have been better! It is an excellent place to stay and we WILL stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James L
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

James L,

Thank you for your comments ! We are excited that you and your wife enjoyed your anniversary stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Lake Mary

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We decided at almost the last minute to spend part of the Memorial Day weekend in the Sanford/Lake Mary, Florida area. I checked their website, and Candlewood had rooms available at a special weekend rate, so I called the national reservation line to book. The phone agent checked availability, confirmed my details and then stated the rate. When I noted the rate was cheaper on the website he quickly lowered the fee to match what was listed on the Web. Check-in was stated as 3:00 PM. We arrived at 2:40 PM and found a crowd standing in the small lobby. The front desk associate apologetically explained to me that they were behind on room cleanings and she had been instructed not to check anyone in until 3:00 PM. When I asked about an additional waiting area she unlocked the door to the breakfast room so that we could sit down. The tables were still covered with crumbs from the morning's meal. Shortly before 3, without any announcement, the associate began checking people in. When I walked back to the front desk she took my name, checked my reservation and then told me she would not be able to accommodate me for awhile because I needed two double beds. I said that I had specifically reserved just one bed, a queen. Luckily I had printed out my email reservation confirmation or I might not have had a room, because her computer was showing something different. She had no explanation for the error. However, the associate was extremely upbeat and friendly as she corrected my reservation information. She explained all of the hotel's particulars (wifi code, pool and elevator access, where to park, etc.) and then handed us our room keys. When I asked for extra coffee she smilingly obliged. Our room was on the second floor, facing the parking lot. It was clean and featured a small kitchen complete with stove, large refrigerator, clean dishes, coffee makings and dish soap, as well as the normal shampoos, soaps and hair dryers in the bathroom. The room was cool and the unit air conditioner was easy to adjust. The bathroom towels were soft and plush and the bed was very comfortable. Later that evening we attempted to play a movie on the in-room DVD player, but it wasn't working. I called the front desk and an associate came up right away to assist. It turned out that someone had unplugged the cables going from the DVD player to the TV. The associate quickly sorted things out and made sure the equipment was working correctly before she left.The hotel was very quiet, and both of us easily enjoyed a good night's sleep. Checkout wasn't until noon, so we enjoyed a leisurely morning before packing up. My bill was prepared promptly and correctly. The hotel's website indicated that breakfast was included as an amenity, but the desk clerk explained that breakfast was only available Monday-Friday, not on the weekends. She didn't know why. Because of the cleanliness of our room and the comfort and quiet of our bed I would have rated this hotel one star higher if we hadn't experienced so many small annoyances. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the facility was a good value for a budget-minded getaway in the perfect location for our weekend plans.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot, and those at the north end of the facility (away from the lobby and po...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susie1107
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear susie1107,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to know that you had a good nights sleep. However, my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Was there for 4 nights. Room was dark, thermostat kept it nice and cool, given Florida's mid-day heat and humidity. Plenty of towels. Disappointed that BOTH treadmills were down, but it forced me to run outside and it was a more pleasant run anyway. Staff was ultra-friendly, especially Deanna, but I am a low-maintenance guest. Thanks for the bonus points! I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for something in the high numbers, so you're room doesn't front the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next vis, Rest assure that both trademill have been fixed. Again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to serving you again in the near futur.

Rachid Alaoui

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We arrived after midnight, so were in no mood for any problems such as dirty room or problems checking in. We appreciated everything going well and the room clean and quiet and the beds comfortable. We showered later in the morning; there was no hot water for a while I think because guests who rose earlier had depleted the tank, but later it warmed up. The toilet in room 330 ran after flushing until I pulled the top and shook the chain. For a less expensive alternative, this place is good and I would stay there again under the same circumstances. Deanna at the front desk asked me to mention her name in this review, so I am doing that. If I could offer some advice, the hotel could have some signage erected for after you leave the freeway, so it would be easier to find the place.

Room Tip: You do not want one near the elevator, as it is pretty noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear stephenp480,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was disappointed. The Room itself was O.K., but other that, not a good place to stay at all. There was NO Hot Water for the first three nights of the stay, if it was luke warm we would have been lucky!! The Pool had leaves, which I can understand as there are trees along the pool area, but the Beer Cans and other Trash floating in the Pool for four days was terrible, I can't believe that No Staff Member saw that for days on end!! The reason for my stay was business related, needless to say the No Hot Water issue did not make for a relaxing evening after the business activities, nor did it make for a pleasant morning before going to the scheduled business agenda that day. When I checked out, the reciept would not print, (though it was e-mailed to me, later). I was surprised with the next e-mail I recieved, asking me for "Feedback". I responded to them, and listed the complaints resulting in one nights fee being removed from my Credit Card account. I would NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay, whether it be for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 338Concerned

comfortable accommodations during your stay. We kindly ask, that at your earliest convenience, you contact us directly so we may speak with you in more detail. We look forward to resolving this situation with you in the immediate future. Your feedback and opinion is highly regarded by our team.

Rachid Alaoui

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came here as a potential 2 week long guest. When they did the tour I chose them because of their bright smiles and how comfortable they made me feel. I am so glad I made that choice! All the staff is so sweet and accomodating. Deanna especially always went above and beyond. She never got tired of faxing papers for me, helping me get fresh towels, or just greeting me everytime I walked through the lobby. Thanks Candlwood, for amazing customer service at such a great value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Becky W,

Thank you for your comments we are happy that you had a great stay with us! We pride ourselves in delivering top - notch guest service! Our team will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm on the road about half of the time, so once I find a place I like, I try not to stray. I have been staying at this Candlewood Suites when I'm in the Orlando area for the last two years. In that time, I have never had a problem. Deanna and the rest of the staff always make me feel welcome and comfortable. On my first night's stay, I was a little concerned about the noise from I-4, but the insulated shutters blocked out all the noise and light. Zero problems sleeping at night in that regard.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Nikki,

Thank you for your comments we will share them with the entire staff! It is our pleasure to take care of all your needs during your stay. we will see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Mary
Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1036 Greenwood Blvd
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1040 Greenwood Blvd

Been to Candlewood Suites Lake Mary? Share your experiences!