“Stayed 2 months (relocation)”

Candlewood Suites Lake Mary
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great clean facility in a great safe area with plenty of restaurants (chains and local ethnic). The only negative is if you have a room next to the I4 you will hear it. Awesome hotel for relocators to Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

,Greetings,

We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff and , which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the candlewood suites lake mary on your next visit.
Be Well,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been staying here since January 2013, average of 20 days per month and I have never had a problem. The suites are always very clean, neat and quiet. The beds are so comfortable, I never have any trouble sleeping, unlike other places I have been. The staff is probably one of the best I have ever seen and alway there to help you no matter the situation. If you want to be greeted by some of the best people in the industry, this is the place to stay when in this area. All the staff is excellent, but, Ms Shalaine Cox is the absolute best. When you come to the lobby, she always greets you with a big smile and a hello, how are you. If she doesn't make you feel wanted and at home, no one will. I can't say enough good about Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, Fl. You owe it to yourself to give these great people a try.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Jim O,

Thank you for your comments I will share your kind words with the and team! Our staff is always striving to make sure that every stay is a great one! We love that you chose to stay with us thank you for loyalty and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here a week during training. The hotel was full the week I was that but it was quiet and the staff was great. The staff always bent over backwards to make sure any request I had was taken care of. All the staff was great from the General Manager to the housekeeping department. Everyone always spoke to me when met in the hall. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area. If you want a good room with a great staff this is the hotel you need to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Candlewood Suites lake mary/orlando. Our staff is thrilled to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your recent stay. We look forward to having you again in the future!

Thank you very much again for taking the time and posting a review to help other travelers make the Candlewood suites a home away from home.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had to stay here for a couple of weeks caring for family after a tragedy. I do not normally do reviews, but the way the management and staff treated me during hard times with such kindness and compassion, I felt compelled to do this for them.
The room was comfortable and cozy. The little store near the lobby was a god send late at night and I just can not say enough about the staff.
When I come back to town I will be staying here again. They treat you better than family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Greetings Angel,

Thank you so very much for the review and the gift basket you have sent, It was our pleasure having you and able to serve you during your most recent visit. I am glad to hear that your son is feeling much better and he is recovering well.
I hope the next you visit the lake mary you would stay a little bit longer so you can experience all the amenities that we have to offer.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked and paid three months in advance through Expedia. E-mailed Hotel two weeks prior to arrival requesting a quiet room (not next to elevator/ice machine). When I arrived I was informed that hotel was full and I would have to stay elsware. After two pleasant nights at La Quinta I returned to Candlewood to be placed in a room next to a noisy elevator.The breakfast room stank of tobacco.
Not to be recommended

Room Tip: Go next door to La Quinta
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ian A

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We at Candlewood suites - Lake Mary, are always striving to provide the best accommodations and service possible. I sincerely apologize that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I understand that you did make a reservation at our property but instead you were sent to another hotel because the hotel was sold out. This is a very frustrating and I can only imagine how you may have felt. I have spoken to our reservation manager about the issue to make sure it will never happen again to any of our guest.
Please accept our sincere apologies again and i am hoping you could give us another chance.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Due to bike week, most of the area hotels were already booked. We always stay at Holiday Inns or Crown Plazas when we travel, so this was the first time we stayed at a Candlewood Suites. From the reviews online and the photos, the exterior looked very fresh and new. We checked in around 10:30pm and the front desk girl couldn't have been any nicer. Very efficient and friendly. I started to wonder why there were frozen dinners and other grocery items for sale in the room right off the lobby, when we saw a man walking around in icky pj's and bare feet down the hall. It was then we realized that people stay here long-term, sometimes months at a time. When we went into the room, we were surprised to see the kitchen cabinets were the old white wash/oak trim style from the early 90's. The recliner and other furnishings also were dated and no wonder, if the hotel functions as an apartment as well. In the bathroom your gaze is almost eye-level with the mounted hairdryer to the wall. That would be fine except there was hair stuck to the intake. When I pulled the fitted sheet back to check the mattress, there was hair on the bare mattress as well. The thin blanket under the comforter had a hole in it and a stain by the foot of the bed. If it had not been getting so late at night, we would have checked out. Early in the morning we kept waking up due to traffic noise. We looked out the window and the room was seriously about 75 feet from I-4. When we returned home I re-read the comments
on Trip Advisor about this hotel. I was very surprised not to see any references to it's location so near to I-4, but not surprised when one person stated they lived at this hotel for 13 months. Bottom line...if you want to have an hotel experience where you feel like a guest and not a tenant in an apartment. ..pick another hotel. This is Orlando folks, there are plenty more!

Room Tip: Get a room away from I-4 if you can!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Angela M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property, which does include the rooms on property.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent three days here and brought groceries to cook dinner for family we were visiting. Worked out great! Staff is friendly, place well maintained. Free laundry. Stay here and you are less than am hour to Daytona, theme Parks, etc. For under $70 a night

• Stayed: March 2013
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hi Kat K,

Thank you for your comments we are happy that some of the unique amenities that Candlewoods provide such as the full size kitchen worked for you and your family. We are excited that we felt like home for you we look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future.