“A Great Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Palm Springs, California
“A Great Hotel”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

On a recent business trip to Lake Mary, stayed several nights at this Marriott. Although parking can be challenging, this hotel has a fantastic staff. The rooms are decorated well and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is well maintained and you can tell the staff take pride in this facility. For those who have access to the Concierge Lounge, you will love it. Great atmosphere and one again, friendly staff. The morning concierge woman was my favorite. She greeted each person who walked in and announced what was being served and that the coffee was a fresh and hot. She was adorable. Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FirstClass2C
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Sterling,

Thank you so much for visiting the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary and
the fantastic comments about our teams efforts to make your visit
memorable! I will personally pass along my thanks to our concierge
team!.

Bruce Skwarlo, C.H.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at the Lake Mary Marriott last weekend and had a very nice stay. The room was clean and the property was well taken care of. We had plenty of clean towels and toiletries available to us. We requested a portable crib for our room and it came promptly and was very clean and looked brand new. The staff was also friendly and helpful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hello RXCupcake,

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and
our team of professionals delivering Brilliant Service. WIth a baby
as cute as yours, how could we deliver anything less than a spotlessly
clean new crib!

Have a Wonderful Holiday Season!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed here in the past. They have great conference space and the location is in an easy walk of a plethora of restaurants. Large free parking lots are available. The staff was awesome. The rooms were acceptable.The concierge lounge provides great sunsets, but the snack selection was weak in the evening. Starbucks off the lobby is convenient. I wished they offered quick sandwiches to go.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hello ResortMike,

Thank you so much for the great comments about our awesome staff and
your enjoyment of our meeting space. I agree the sunsets can be lovely from
our Concierge Lounge and I will personally speak with our Chef about the
upgrading of our evening concierge snacks.

Orlando, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,880 helpful votes
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Each year, Florida Writers Association holds its conference at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary for good reason. This 10-story hotel can accommodate 600 conference attendees, and yet divide smaller conference areas for workshops, or open the walls for a banquet hall. Arriving with a truckload of conference materials, porters brought three trolleys, loaded 27 boxes and luggage, and took everything to the assigned room for safekeeping. The porters returned the next morning to take selected items to various sections of the conference. Because of the conference, I did not have time to enjoy the fitness center or pool. Moreover, there's a media room, where FWA's Celebrity Author conducted interviews with radio hosts--everything a conference needs for success. The top two floors are concierge levels with Web access for those who don’t have laptops. The concierge hostess keeps piping hot coffee fresh, and there’s an endless array of beverages, cheeses and snacks. Buffet breakfast is available most days for concierge guests, and room service is superior. If your budget allows, request a room on the 9th or 10th floor, but for any Orlando Marriott Lake Mary room you can expect superior service and gracious staff members who welcome guests.

The lobby and common areas are nicely appointed, and flow smoothly to Bistro 1501, Colbalt’s, and Espresso lounges. In several places, the signature Chihuly-like art glass is by artist Thomas Long of St. Augustine. Huge multihued glass pane chandeliers defy gravity, and glass wall art add dimension far beyond traditional art. Orlando Marriott Lake Mary is located at 1501 International Parkway, Lake Mary, FL 32746 (866/576-5456), at Interstate 4 exit 101. Disclosure: As a conference volunteer, FWA paid for the room, but that has no bearing on the professional staff who welcome all guests. The name Marriott says it all: excellent service and great value in a convenient location.

Room Tip: Concierge level on 9th and 10th floors, with windows facing northeast to avoid Florida's harsh a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DeanMurphy2020
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
DeanMurphy,

Thank you So Much for the glowing review and we hope to see you at next
years writers conference. We enjoy hosting your conference and look forward
to it each year.

Bradenton, FL
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The front desk team was good, the room was nice and the concierge lounge, while small, was ok.

It was near I-4, but the noise did not invade the hotel. I wen from here to a Hilton property in Jacksonville and difference between Marriott and Hilton was so striking. Marriott won.

1 Thank BarefootTom
BarefootTom,

Thanks so much for the kind comments and we hope to see
you again at The Marriott on your next visit to the Orlando Area!

Windsor
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for several nights in October with my wife on business. This is a new development surrounded by new developments. More of a business hotel for the new surrounding businesses that have moved to the area, which is why we were here. When I booked the hotel I checked it our on Google streetview and it hadn't been built yet. Located a mile or two from the interstate it has a nice car park. They have a porter but as a business hotel most people only stay a night or two so carry their own bags. Funny thing though, we had six bags as we were in the states for a month and going on a cruise as well. I also bough quite a few things like a portable air-con for my boat that I can't get in Europe. So we needed a porter. They offered to call one or I could use his large trolley. I went for the trolley. When I was finished with it I went to take it back. In the corridor a male member of staff came running up to me and insisted on taking it from me and said he would return it to the porters desk on the ground floor. I went back to my room and 15 minutes later went to the ice machine but found is was out of order. There was a sign saying to use a machine on another floor. When I got into the elevator the trolley was there blocking most of it. I decided to finish the job and took it back to the porters desk myself as I didn't want to get the blame when the poor porter couldn't find his trolley and was told by reception that I had taken and never returned it. The ice machine was indeed fixed for the remainder of our stay. My pet hate in hotels is not getting hot water. And showers without pressure. This hotel only has hot water at peak times. After 9am it is very warm at best which is good for a shower or bath but not for shaving. The shower was cheap and nasty. Whichever way you set the spray there is not enough coming out to clean yourself properly. Not just that but the sink drained away very slowly and then the toilet blocked, luckily with nothing in it. There were lost of problems with things link the shower and taps being connected incorrectly. Hot = cold, cold = hot etc. light switches etc. Off was on, On was off. The light switch to my bedlight operated my wife's side of the bed and hers mine. The walls were paper thin and it was easy to hear conversations of neighbours, people in the corridors etc. The executive lounge was soulless and not up to the same standard as executive lounges in other countries and having to pay extra for items available free in other countries. Not worth the extra cost of effort and probably why it was usually nearly empty. A lot o local businesses use this hotel so be prepared for swarms of people suddenly deciding to use the lift/bar/checkin/checkout all at the same time. Oh, I met a woman in the elevator and she told me that I was staying in one of the better rooms (floor 9) so treat my review accordingly. My room overlooked the hotel pool and in four or five days I only saw it used twice. One person one day, and three people the other. Not a tourist hotel, or in a tourist location, Not that bad though, there are some restaurants and shops, I think a cinema too, not far away in another new development. Room service provided the same old stuff, pizza, burger, Soup of the day etc. And again no keep hot oven below the trolley so getting cold by the time it gets to your room. Overall not unpleasant but will try the Westin Lake Mary next time. It's closer to the shops, cinema, bars etc.

Room Tip: Floors 9 and 10 are supposed to be the best.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David B
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Abilitycom,

Wow, thank you for the extensive and valuable feedback. One can only
get better if one understands his opportunities to improve. I can assure
you that we will do everything in our power to address each and every
issue you have noted, so the next guest does not experience a
similar issues.

Bruce Skwarlo, CHA
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 13, 2013

it's a nice hotel....a standard business class hotel. it has a decent concierge lounge, decent gym. What didn't i like - they put me on the 2nd floor - i'm platinum elite and definitely this wasn't their best face. Even if i was not a Rewards member, they shouldn't have rooms like this. Why? I basically looked out onto a roof of another building, depessing, ugly, just....not nice. They should do better. It took what could have been a nice stay and made it ... disaster. One last thing- they give you just one bar of soap...purposely. Yes it's big - but you need one for the bath and one for the shower. They tell u - we have body wash for it for the sink...who would know. Just lame. Parking also difficult....as the hotel was sold out. Internet - spotty...bring a hot spot.

Room Tip: Don't get an odd # so you don't look over that ughly roof.
1 Thank TravelManSouth
TravelMan,

Thank you for your comments and we certainly appreciate the feedback.
Marriott has introduced a much more improved line of Bath Amenities
and I certainly agree it is a unique change. We should happily provide
additional soap when guests are less accepting to this chain wide rollout.

Feel free to contact me personally on your next visit and I will make sure
we locate a room on a higher floor for your enjoyment.

Bruce Skwarlo, CHA
Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to Orlando Marriott Lake Mary? Share your experiences!