“Take gander at Gander”

Gander Mountain Academy
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Lake Mary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Gander Mountain Academy is the first-and-only firearms facility to offer this life-like simulation technology to the public. Experience our fully immersive simulators that are so cutting-edge and lifelike that until now they've only been available to military and law enforcement agencies. We believe that the right to use and bear firearms comes with a serious responsibility to be educated and safe. With our highly experienced instructors, unmatched training technologies, and a learning environment where all skill levels are welcome. For virtual range or simulator use, you don't need to bring anything. If you plan to use the live-fire range or take, you'll need to bring your firearm, hearing and eye protection, and plenty of ammunition.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very nice outdoor store. Impressive shooting facilities. Employees were knowledgeble, helpful and very polite.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Okay this store probably appeals to men but I've seen my share of armed females too. They offer both a live range and a simulator for those looking to sharpen their skills but they also sell every conceivable item you'd ever need for the great outdoors and clothing suited for the experience. A great place to waste time and find things that you didn't even know you needed.

1  Thank P K
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My fiance and I have always wanted to visit the gun range but at the same time, the thought of firing a gun kind of makes me nervous. So, to get the best of both worlds, we went to the virtual range! It was very cool. A real gun loaded with a compressed air tank to give the feel of recoil but no bullets. You shoot at a screen with digital targets that look just like the real range. It was very cool and I would definitely do it again if I were in the area.

Tip: Tuesdays they do a special where it's $10 for half and hour instead of $25.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

A/C - in Florida that's important. We brought several toys and had fun shooting targets. The virtual ranges let you try different scenarios. Staff is great too. Virtual also lets you play even if you don't own a weapon. Classes are pricey, but the instructors are good.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was amazed with the number of different products and items they sell. I understand they sell quality products but the prices were bit too much. That's probably why the store was empty when I was there. I liked it and would have bought more but left with a "spork" and firestarter.