“Greek done right”

Greek Village
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I adore this place. The they do Greek food authentically. I love their Greek salads and gyros. The prices are a little high for me which is why I can't go there as often as I would like. But that makes it all that much better when I can. The parking is sometimes difficult, and the dinning area can be cramped at times. So if you go there. Try to avoid the lunch rush, or get it to go.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Service was good. Food was ok --- a bit pricey for what we ordered.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

This little gem of about 30 seats in a strip mall is well worth the drive. Spotlessly clean, with cheery hospitality.
My husband had the marinated pork kabob with grilled peppers & onions, with a Greek side salad & green beans with tomatoes. He proclaimed the pork "better than any steak," so ethnic I've nevr heard him say about anything. He gave me a bite & I must agree - delicious. I opted for the "Tour of Greece," with about 6 entrees to choose from. I selected the dolmades (2), spanakopita (2) & sliced lamb. Oh, my, that garlic-studded lamb was the best I've ever eaten. Served with a Greek side salad & tzatziki. The iced tea was fresh & with some body, just the way I like it. It was the best meal we've had in ages.
Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert, but the ladies at the next table shared a huge piece of baklava cheesecake, which they were obviously enjoying very much. Our server said it's her favorite, and if we ever came in just for dessert & coffee, that should be our choice.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Depend on TripAdvisor. We used Tripadvisor to find this little gem of a Greek restuarant. Nothing to look at from the outside, but friendly and great good. Maybe the best Greek food we've had.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

If you're visiting Orlando, the food where the tourists stay is usually pretty bland, leaning towards awful. By chance, we were out in Lake Mary and found this little place. What an unexpected treat.

The hummus was excellent, with a course texture and great flavor. The lamb souvlaki was very good as well, moist, tender and delicious. The gyro, however, was one of the best I've had in a long, long time. The meat was tender and moist, the tzatiki sauce fresh, and the pita bread was perfect.

The decor is nothing to speak of, and the appearance from the outside gives no clue as to the treasures within.

In short, if you want good food in Orlando, stay away from International Drive. Go here!