“Great service and quality (for Signature Suite)”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1036 Greenwood Blvd
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Zurich
“Great service and quality (for Signature Suite)”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The first tme I have stayed at this hotel (usually use others in the vicinity and neighborhood) and I was totally taken by surprise by the quality and value. But most of all it is down to the level of service and friendlliness of the staff, in particular Julietta at the desk. Always had a friendly and 'can do' attitude to all my requests, which you don't always genuinely experience. She is super nice, professional and anticipated my needs when I had an early check out. She really made the stay really warm and pleasant. Even when I arrived late and checked in way after hours and was not 100% sure about the location of the room, the receptionist, Dale, made every effort to offer alternatives. I stayed in the signature suite which is very good quality. One criticism is that I thought the ground floor location of my room which did not have net curtains was a little surprising. Please consider putting up a net curtain option for the ground floor rooms for added discretion. I will defo consider staying again as will other friends and family who also compared the quality and service versus the other options in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Zurich
Reviewed August 8, 2010

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
tampa
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Hotel in great location but very, very dirty. I consider myself a very picky guest so take this for what it's worth. Decor very dated. Rooms are not very clean. Caked up dirt on the fixtures. Smells of food in the rooms. Smell of marijuana as you walk into the front door area. I think there are permanent guests there so watch out!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank lambnads
Greenville, SC
Reviewed January 3, 2010

When we could not find a room anywhere we felt we could afford, we stopped at the Extended Stay Hotel in Lake Mary, knowing we would get the same answer as all the others--no rooms available. And we did. However, we had a kind and compassionate front desk lady, unlike the other places we had stopped at. She got out her list of nearby hotels, called several for us, and got the same answer--no room available. When she heard of our plight (My husband had told me we would just have to sleep in the car at a rest area), she told us to wait a minute. My spirits rose. She made another phone call, then informed us she could give us a room there. I couldn't believe that the price was within our price range. She was our guardian angel that night. The room was spacious and roomy, the beds comfortable, and we got a good night's sleep. Thanks to Marge Torres!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
St Augustine,FL
Reviewed April 13, 2009

The hotel seems older. We pay extra to have the "signature decor". You got a better looking bedspread and curtains. Still not great. My in-laws got a standard room. The rooms were bare with the exception of the furniture. The walls were bare. They have smoking rooms which made my father-in-law happy. Wouldn't stay there again. There are better options for about the same money.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed one night before a flight out of the Sanford Orlando airport after "winning" a bid on Priceline. Maybe this is an OK facility for an extended stay, but it was not a good hotel experience. Our room was slightly squalid - not dirty, but just didn't feel like it had been cleaned well before our arrival. The lack of amenities was a real problem - there was no coffee for the coffee maker, no hairdryer, no shampoo, no closet. The bed was small with cheap, old bedding. In addition, the front desk was closed when we checked out early. All in all, not a great stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Va_Hiker
Tampa Bay, FL
Reviewed October 31, 2008

Reasonably priced. Friendly desk staff. Nice kitchenette area in room. Clean room.

Stayed October 2008