“Great food, expensive dessert”

The Vineyard Wine Company
Ranked #24 of 149 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Vineyard Wine Company in Lake Mary is an award-winning restaurant & wine bar which quickly earned a reputation for great wine, a casual "drop-by-anytime" atmosphere and fabulous food at a reasonable price. The sensational menu ranges from tapas and burgers to tenderloin and seafood to a delicious brunch menu. View our online calendar to discover complimentary tastings, wine dinners, live entertainment and daily specials.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I just had dinner with my friend at this restaurant. Ambience is ok, and on a Sunday night was almost empty. We ordered the Mahi Mahi, one of the specials of the day. It was good but quite spicy, when we complained to the waiter, he took it back to the kitchen and the chef, took some of the spiciness away. Service was good and attentive. We ordered dessert, the bread pudding, we were impressed with the flavor and presentation of it. Well, we were more impressed when we got the check and noticed that the bread pudding, 3 small pieces, had a price tag of $10. We ordered dessert in the spur of the moment without asking for the menu, or how much it was. But let me tell you it is way overpriced!

There are newer reviews for The Vineyard Wine Company

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went on a Thursday night for an evening of appetizers and wine though we spent so much time there we ended up ordering dinner as well. It was a fantastic place to hang out for drinks. We sat at a table and had an attentive waitress. We enjoyed several glasses of wine (white and red) though they did not have any Shiraz. For appetizer we got their cheese, fruit, and meat plate. Delicious! I found their dinner fare lacking. The beef and ahi tuna were tough.
However we will return as a place to go for drinks.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Vineyard Wine Company offers a unqiue winery/dinner experience in Lake Mary. It's tastefully decorated to give the feel of being in winery. They offer great wine specials on the weekends. The Vineyard Wine Company serve, no doubt the most tastiest lobster mac and cheese. It's prepared with a perfect mixture of cheese and a very generous portion of lobster. Give The Vineyard Wine Company a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I met up with my mother and her friend for dinner here recently. My wife and I had been here once before but we weren't too impressed. It was awhile ago so we gave it another shot, unfortunately we walked disappointed again.
My wife ordered a salad with salmon and I ordered the Bison sliders with Truffle fries. My wife's salmon was way over salted to the point she had to stop eating it and eat off our plates. The salad she had was interesting because the had put it on a grill which is unique, but it was a bit expensive for a salad. The Bison sliders were ok. Bison is a game meat and you can tell the difference from regular beef, so you can't cook it exactly the same has regular beef. It came out dry like it had been on for too long. The truffle fries had good taste but the fries themselves are the frozen kind you get in a store, not freshly cut which would take the fries to another level.
The price for everything is way too high. The atmosphere is nice and the service was ok. This place has been rated very high in Lake Mary and I feel there are many restaurants below it that deserve to be rated higher. We won't be coming back here.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We caught brunch here on a Sunday. Not many were up and at them early at 1030am, but it seemed to start filling up as we left.

The customer service was excellent as was the food.

We ordered the Truffle Fries and the Fried Olives as a starter. The truffle fries were not on the menu, but they cooked them for us. The blue cheese cream was excellent. The fried olives were very good for a first time tasting. Only complaint was I thought my tongue would burn off from the pepper jelly. I do not like spicy but my wife does, and even she thought it was too spicy. Ended up using the blue cheese cream to dip in.

The Chicken and Waffles and the Bailey's French Toast were ordered. The chicken and waffles comes with a Maple Bacon Butter that is AMAZING! They need to provide more of that. The chicken is a crispy chicken breast. Well cooked.

Definitely recommend.

Been to The Vineyard Wine Company? Share your experiences!