“Cute and cozy place, delicious food, just not worth the price!”

Dickens Coffee and Tea Room
Ranked #98 of 146 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving delicious, traditional British Afternoon Tea and gourmet desserts along with a wide array of teas and coffee! Built on the love and consumption of many cups of tea the world over, Dickens staff invites you to join them at this spirited, delicious, and sometimes cheeky, place, serving the world's most popular drink - second only to water! At Dickens Tea Room we can host Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties, Princess Parties, Sweet 16, Red Hat Groups, or just somewhere nice to enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, or Afternoon Tea with friends and family.
“Cute and cozy place, delicious food, just not worth the price!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

A lovely place for tea but not worth the price. I am used to receiving large scones with high tea and after paying 16 dollars for high tea I received two miniature scones. Poor value! The selection of tea is nice and the finger sandwiches are tasty but once again I felt I could have paid at least 4 dollars less for the minimal amount of food. I definitely would recommend other tea houses over this. The service is also average. We were left waiting for attention several times when two owners/servers were present and chatting with a group of customers. I hate to write a poor review but its the truth and I probably will not return here again.

3 Thank Alix C

Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We called and made a reservation and had the most wonder High Tea. All items made with lots of love. Highly recommend this stop.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Suzanne K
Jacksonville, FL
“Love It!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I honeymooned in Scotland where we had our first high noon tea. We have had several "tea parties" since then, but havent attended one. We were out and about in Lake Mary when we happened upon this little tea room.

The hostess was fabulous. The room is a little cramped, but who cares. The tea was fabulous. The service was fabulous. The food was pretty yummy.

The full tea service is pretty expensive at like $18 per person for a pot of tea, three sandwich slices, three pastry bites, and 1 scone. But, we like the expereince so we paid it. It isnt something we can do everyday though because of the price - even though it was good enough we WOULD do it every day if it werent so darn expensive!

Visited September 2011
Lake Mary, Florida
“GREAT authentic English Tea House”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This Tea room is delightfully decorated and the food is great. We have been three times (it just recently opened) and we really enjoyed it. All items served are very authentic. The scones are great as well as the ploughman's lunch and afternoon tea sandwiches and sweets. The atmosphere is traditional English. You can relax and enjoy time with your spouse or friends. My wife and I highly recommend a visit. Check out location in Lake Mary and other reviews at http://www.facebook.com/DickensLakeMary.

• Visited March 2011
3 Thank tryke70
Lake Mary, Florida
“Great Tea House in the English Tradition!”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This place closed in 2010. A new owner has just, 3/25/2011, reopened in the same space and renamed the place to the Dickens Coffee and Tea House. This boutique Tea house has great food in the English Tea room tradition. I have eaten there twice now. All items served are very authentic. The tea, coffee, scones are great as well as the ploughman's lunch. The atmosphere is traditional English. You can relax and enjoy time with your spouse or friends. I highly recommend it.
See http://www.facebook.com/DickensLakeMary?v=info