“Candice is an awesome server at the TK in Lake Mary”
Review of Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery - CLOSED

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vero Beach, Florida
“Candice is an awesome server at the TK in Lake Mary”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food was good, the service was off the chart, and Candice is a 5 star server!!
Nice sports bar with a huge selection of TV's to watch.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank snapper75088

USA
“Not so good food, scenery varies, plenty of games to watch”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ok let's be honest. If you are going out of your way to eat here you won't find very good food or a menu full of healthy choices. If, on the other had, you want to see some televised sports while enjoying a cold one in the presence of young women dressed in some type of uniform that is a cross between Hooters meets Scottish schol girl with exhibitionistic tendencies then you won't be disappointed.

It was lunchtime yesterday, a Saturday, and I wanted to eat somewhere that was equipped with a TV tuned to a football game. The kilt had a sign that indicated it offered both. On entering the front door and being greeted by the hostess my first impression was while cavernous it was cold, void of patrons and pretty damn loud. The second thing that caught my eye, after the uniform the hostess was wearing was the projection screen and the ball game. Given a choice of bar seating or the dining room with the projector I took the latter.

Almost as soon as my butt hit the chair a statuesque young woman appeared with a menu and asked for my drink order. She had to ask twice because even though no one else was seated I couldn't hear her. More about this later. After ordering an iced tea I ordered Irish Nachos as the picture and description (seasoned ground beef, diced tomatoes and cheese on freshly fried thin potatoes) sounded interesting. Well when the appetizer arrived the chips were hard and burnt, only the cheese would stick to them (and my fingers) so I tried eating them with a fork. About this time the manager opened a cabinet containing the video controls and turned the volume up...probably because the windows weren't vibrating yet. The appetizer was neither appetizing or for the most part edible....I just gave up.

For my entree I thought I'd have a salad. As I remember six choices were offered. Not wishing for another bad dish I decided on a Ceasar salad as the other choices simply had too many ingredients that had the potential for a repeat performance of the Irish Nachos. Who could screw up a Ceasar, right? When it came I poured the dressing sparingly, took a forkful and thought about returning both the Ceasar and my Irish nachos to the table at the same time. You can get a better Ceasar at McDonald's or Wendy's. I told my server that I couldn't eat it and asked she instead bring me fish and chips. That is what we call fried fish and French fries here.

When it arrived it was accompanied by tartar sauce and coleslaw. The fish was hot, the fries warm and limp, the tartar sauce was sickening and I didn't have the cojones to try the slaw. Oh and the manager once again opened he video cabinet and increased he volume even more. I'm guessing he did this so the cooks in the kitchen could hear the play by play since they were unable to see the game.

By now my stomach was heaving, my head was pounding and my flee mechanisim was screaming to get out as son as possible so I asked for my check. The Kilt might be bad at preparing food but they are really good at accounting. All totaled my lunch was 29.99 as I was charged for the Ceasar even though I sent it back after one forkful.

So, in summary, it sucked. I won't be returning. The food was very bad, the service was average, the bill outrageous and the tats adorning the servers that had them weren't very attractive. On the other hand if you have a hearing problem and you don't care about high prices for bad food then this is the place for you because one thing you can count on is that the manager pays more attention to the tv volume than the restaurant operation.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank P K
florida
“fun place - lots of tv's for sports fans”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great atmosphere, food very good-lots of variety. Waitresses are dressed very minimally, but we knew that ahead of time...kind of a Hooters experience. Had a large group and orders took forever so that was the only downside, luckily we were not in a hurry as we were watching a soccer match.

• Visited May 2012
Deltona, Florida
“PLEASANT SURPRISE”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My first visit to Tilted Kilt was quite enjoyable and a pleasant surprise.
We were seated immediately and our server, ALISE, was very courteous and efficient.
Instead of continuously "bugging" us by coming to our table every 90 seconds she made frequent eye contact to see if I needed anything. Thats the kind of server I like. When I waved at her she was there in 2 seconds getting us additional food or beverage.
We visited on Friday evening at 6pm and it was packed to say the least but we were able to get the table we wanted which afforded us some excellent people watching!
This restaurant was clean and the bathrooms were spotless.
We got some cold beer and the traditional Fish n Chips which got delivered to our table in less than 10 minutes, fresh tasting and piping hot. All the condiments needed were on our table, something I appreciate so I don't have to go searching for or asking for them.
The food was delicious. You must remember this is kind of like a sports bar attracting a young and noisy crowd so if you are looking for romantic, quiet gourmet dining then you better skip this establishment. However, if you want some tasty fast food and cold imported beer then make it a point to try the TILTED KILT which is very easy to find just off of Interstate 4.
All the servers I saw were pretty young girls in very short skirts but they had big smiles and exhibited that rare friendly and southern hospitality which is so hard to find nowadays, plus they really seemed to enjoy their job while getting along with fellow employees.
The only downside was an employee who we think was the manager with a sour-pus and dour expression on his face (who was not dressed like a professional) strolled over to several tables like a robot and wanted to know if everything was "all right" but was walking off to another table before you could answer him?!
We normally avoid "sports bars" but this was such a good overall experience we will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Visited May 2012
“Tilted Kilt, off the mark”
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Sat down at the bar, ordered a beer and a menu then was ignored for 20 minutes. There are two bartenders, I guess the guy sitting 2 feet next to me got the good one since he ordered a drink and some food, said food was delivered, while I was conveniently ignored by both of them. First time here, and the last.