“Can't Fault it (but nothing really stands out)”

Shula's 347 Grill - Lake Mary
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's 347 Grill - Lake Mary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 157 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HE Thomas Jr. Parkway
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We've been going to Shula's since it opened a couple of years ago. It's a good restaurant but somehow it's never seems to quite make it as a great restaurant.

I had the 8 oz Filet with mash and asparagus. It was a nice steak. I have to say, considering Shula's positions itself as a steakhouse the range of steaks is somewhat limited. The 8 oz is the largest filet on offer! On the plus side, I did like the draught IPA beer. It's good to see restaurants like Shula's providing high quality draught beers. My wife was also delighted with her corvina fish over polenta which she described as "fantastic".

Other, relatively minor points, I always find the restaurant cold and the valet parking didn't have an umbrella.

I'm sure we'll be back, if only for the beer and the hope it may tip over to great-ville!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

When we want a nice meal near home, we toss a coin between Fishbones and Shula's. A recent visit to Shula's was as good as ever. The server was a little off, but the food was very good, and that's why we go. Although they have a very attractive dining room, we took advantage of the nice weather to sit outside. They never reach excellent in any category, but they never dip to average, either. I'll take a consistent "very good" any day of the week.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Located in the Westin Resort. Service was fast and professional. Just what you would expect at a finer restaurant, yet not as stuffy. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Our waiter was extremely attentive. Food was delicious, everything was prepared to our preference. Great place for dates, business, or family. Moderate prices for finer dining. Loved it.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Westin attached and needed a bite to eat. We were treated to a fantastic experience at Shulas. My 4 yr. old wanted shrimp, so the chef went out of his way to make a custom made shrimp and pasta dish for her. We had the BBQ shrimp appetizer. A little too much BBQ sauce, but fantastic otherwise; really great quality shrimp. The chimichuri steak and frites were great, as was the wild mushroom ravioli. The booths were so comfortable. The service was great and attentive. The only negative about the service is that I didn't feel as though they tried to sway me one way or another after asking about a few entrees. A great overall experience.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'll start by saying we were Fishbone's devotees for a long time, but their food has gone down hill, so we thought we'd try Shula's 347 Grill yesterday. We went early for dinner, were seated immediately by very friendly staff, service was excellent, atmosphere very elegant and casual at same time. We had filet and salmon (our usuals), both prepared as requested, nothing over the top with presentation but both meals were excellent. Tried the Blue Chips for starters, they were yummy! Prices as expected nothing we did not expect. We have found our new date night restaurant!