“Wont be back”

Fresh on the Fly
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Fresh on the Fly provides a healthy alternative for our customers while making a healthy environmental choices for our planet. We reduce paper and plastic plate and utensil waste by replacing replacing paper and plastics with china and plant-based products..
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was excited to try this place.I looked at the website and it seemed that this place had a great menu, so off we went.When my husband and I arrived the place looked busy ,a good sign I thought.I wish I could say we enjoyed this place but from the time we walked in until the time we left things were not right. We ordered the Diver Scallops and Wild Corvina they were out of both.Salad came out wrong,fries were cold,fish was overcooked and veggies were lukewarm and bland.No one seemed to be in charge.I watched the table next to us sit down and wait for 10 minutes before anyone came to the table.I understand busy but can you just let your customers feel like you at least know they are there .I'm sorry to say we wont be back.

1  Thank ctootseroll

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just went there to try them out. Took several minutes to be seated even though they werent busy n had 3 servers. Tables were filthy n menus were sticky. Got our waters rite away but that was about it, never got a refill just drank my melting ice. We ordered the fried green tomatoes as an appitizer, then for entree my wife ordered mahi sandwich n i ordered mahi tacos. The tomatoes were way over salted so we waited to have the server to come back to tell, but she never did. Then our food was up in the window for over 5 mins while the servers were stock piling all the dirty dishes on this one table that was rite next to us. Finally theres hope of getting our food, but wait, we dont cuz my wifes mahi sandwich didnt have any bread.. The server said weres her bread to the cook n he replies, u didnt ask for it... Its a sandwich isnt it??? At that point i just got up n walked out.. Dont waste ur time trying that place out. Overall i think it sucked!

2  Thank Asomic
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a very interesting experience. The server greeted us warmly when we walked in and overall did her best but a few of the dishes on the menu were not available and they had a difficult time finding a bottle opener since we ordered a bottle of wine. We ended up with afew appetizers that were nicely presented and tasty. Not sure if we would give it another try.

1  Thank malena7033
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We ate a full meal at this restaurant a while back and it was ok. What I recall is that they did not have the wine that was on the menu that I wanted--not the worst thing that could happen. Then we ordered dessert and they had only part of the ingredients. I had pretty much forgotten about it. So we fast forward to today after eating at another restaurant my wife remembered the dessert we almost had the last time and said she wanted to get it tonight. So we went in, and amazingly one of the servers remembered us and the botched dessert from over a year ago! So we ordered the dessert to go: a Ghiradelli brownie with hot fudge, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Yum!! We got our to go bag and went back to our hotel and anxiously opened up the dessert and...you guessed it. Incomplete. Just the brownie (dry and crumbly!) and ice cream. No hot fudge and no whipped cream! This is not quantum physics. You make the dessert and put it in the bag. 4 ingredients. We called to complain and they apologized and said the next dessert is on the house. Since I'm guessing that will involve a ladder and only part of the dessert on the roof, I will not be back. You might consider the same.

1  Thank Vermont1949
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We only went there because of a groupon we received and because my co-workers insisted it was a good place.

We were greeted immeditarly and sat at a table that I wasn't happy with. The mama get moved us without hesitation.

The service was great. The server was polite and checked up, but the manager stopped by multiple times to check on us.

The food was great (hush puppies were ok). The meal came with a salad which was pleasantly large and great sauces.

The whole meal was at a great price and our child ate free. It was a great price for fantastic food. I will DEFINATELY recommend this place to others.

1  Thank point5