“Dont go there expecting good service or a short wait!”
Review of Fresh on the Fly - CLOSED

Fresh on the Fly
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Fresh on the Fly provides a healthy alternative for our customers while making a healthy environmental choices for our planet. We reduce paper and plastic plate and utensil waste by replacing replacing paper and plastics with china and plant-based products..
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went on a monday MLK birthday so didn't expect to wait 45 minutes to be seated. Then an additional 10 for something to drink. I had a nice waitress Andrea, but she was over worked and stressed out. She continue to apologize for everything. I was still willing to give it a try but when the only 2 fthings I wanted to order were completely out I was frustrated. I was forced to get something I really didn't care for. Menu said entreee comes with garlic bread and they were even out of bread! It was only 630 pm on a Monday........when I asked to speak to a manager I got he's on vacation can I offer a free soda for your inconvenience! Seriously where are the Owners to this place seems that the restaurant is being runed by the waiters and waitress that cant get the orders right, have you wait close to an hour when you can see open tables that need to be cleaned but NOT enough staff to do so. Dont waste your time or money.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Second time I've been here when I stay at the Hyatt Place across the street. I love when a restaurant does gourmet, quickly and without pretense. The side salad choices were EXCELLENT. Unfortunately my fish was undercooked so had to send it back to fix it. Bummer, b/c it's a fish place. The fries were a little greasy too, but I think we might have had these issues b/c we got there at about 8:45 and they close at 9. The first time I came, no issue at all. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank MJean B
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a great neighborhood restaurant. Everything is very reasonably priced and delicious. A highlight of the menu is the Cali fish tacos (tons of fish and slightly spicy), available on soft (preferred) or hard tacos, and 2 or 3 to an order. The Mahi sandwich is excellent. The fried green tomato appetizer is excellent, with several slices of tomatoes and a delicious aioli sauce. Red beans and rice and cheese grits are very good sides. You get a side salad with some entrees, and it's a very nice portion size for a side salad. We've been several times, and we will go again.

1  Thank Kakidu
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was really surprised, have been to their other location in port orange. Completely different atmosphere. Was excited to try it out, since I enjoyed their po location so much. Went there on a Monday night, service was terrible although not the servers fault. They only had 3 servers on. Couldn't believe my eyes, no management in sight. Was excited to try the chicken and waffles, but they were out of waffles. Of course. Food was half quality, and cold by the time we got it. Will never come back to this place, after seeing all the poor reviews on this site from months ago, and something still not being done to improve service it's unbelievable to me. Really had hopes for this place but clearly is being poorly managed.

1  Thank Italianprincess87
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The service was terrible. The waiter was nice but he was very scatter brained. For some reason our waiter was expediting ALL of the food, too. It took so long to order, get our food, and get out of there. The food was hit or miss. The hush puppies were good but dense and not your traditional hush puppy. They had roasted peppers in them. The sauce that came with them was delicious; I could have put that on everything. My husband said was buffalo burger was good but nothing great. My blackened Mahi BLT was absolutely delicious. But, my son ordered the crispy fish bites off the kid's menu and they were sub par. They were not crispy and WAY over salted. He didn't even eat them. The fries were good but the coleslaw was very bland and in dire need of seasoning and acid.