“Yum”

Fresh on the Fly
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Fresh on the Fly provides a healthy alternative for our customers while making a healthy environmental choices for our planet. We reduce paper and plastic plate and utensil waste by replacing replacing paper and plastics with china and plant-based products..
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Mouthwatering Blackened Mahi-Mahi BLT is outta this world, yum. I've been here several times for lunch and I can't get enough of the offerings here. The Fly Fish Tacos are so good. Then there's the Hand Cut French Fries. Everything here has so much flavor. With fresh fish on display when you walk in to get you thinking what you can have next. Excellent food quality and great staff, I'm going to be back a lot more.

3  Thank Love2TrvlMM

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Everything we ate was excellent. Nice portions. Unassuming store front. The entrees look and taste delicious. Not abusive on your wallet.

1  Thank MARKWING65
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Fast service great attitude, we showed up right before they close and they were pleased to serve us with a smile

1  Thank Tommy K
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have been here 4 times now and oh man is it good! First the workers...everyone from the chefs in the kitchen to the servers are very nice and attentive! You MUST get the mahi bites appetizer...there is a basket full of moist, perfectly cooked fish and the sauces that come with them are just as good!! The fried green tomatoes have been a hit or miss (2 out of the 4 times that we ordered them they were a little greasy and undercooked but when they are done right they are VERY good). The fried shrimp, chix/waffles, mahi sandwich and fish tacos were all amazing! I live about 30 min from here but do not mind driving past all the other chain seafood places to get some really good, really fresh fish!

1  Thank ChrisNCarly
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here three times now- I wanted to wait to review it just to be sure the negatives weren't just flukes.

Food is delish. This week I tried the Mahi Mahi BLT, lightly blackened, on the onion roll. OMG. Amazing. I seriously can't wait to go back and get it again.

The meals do NOT include side items- so my Mahi BLT was $10.99, but had to pay an extra $2-$3 for a side of fries. One side of fries was plenty large enough for the four of us to share.

The service has consistently left some to be desired. The server was not all that attentive- just as our server was the previous times we dined here.

Our table ordered one chocolate brownie a la mode and a slice of key lime pie. The brownie was not as the server made it seem to be (warm, gooey chocolate yumminess), but rather dry- no sauce, barely warm. (I asked for chocolate sauce and she brought me some
cold Hershey's... Gee thanks?)
A boxed brownie mix prepared at home with publix ice cream would have been ten times better. In my humble opinion. the key lime pie wasn't very good either. We didn't send them back because we were in the mood for something sweet, but we won't order dessert next time.

The restaurant itself is long and narrow- so tables are out in the middle of the floor, with others against the wall. Overall, it's decorated nicely but the layout is sort of funky.

Summary: we like the food A LOT. Can't wait to go back and get that Mahi BLT again, but hopefully our server is friendlier and more attentive. Next time we'll skip the dessert and maybe drive around the corner to High Five or Coldstone.

1  Thank sarinalove