“Finally....a great seafood place!”
Review of Fresh on the Fly - CLOSED

Fresh on the Fly
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Fresh on the Fly provides a healthy alternative for our customers while making a healthy environmental choices for our planet. We reduce paper and plastic plate and utensil waste by replacing replacing paper and plastics with china and plant-based products..
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have been here 4 times now and oh man is it good! First the workers...everyone from the chefs in the kitchen to the servers are very nice and attentive! You MUST get the mahi bites appetizer...there is a basket full of moist, perfectly cooked fish and the sauces that come with them are just as good!! The fried green tomatoes have been a hit or miss (2 out of the 4 times that we ordered them they were a little greasy and undercooked but when they are done right they are VERY good). The fried shrimp, chix/waffles, mahi sandwich and fish tacos were all amazing! I live about 30 min from here but do not mind driving past all the other chain seafood places to get some really good, really fresh fish!

1  Thank ChrisNCarly

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here three times now- I wanted to wait to review it just to be sure the negatives weren't just flukes.

Food is delish. This week I tried the Mahi Mahi BLT, lightly blackened, on the onion roll. OMG. Amazing. I seriously can't wait to go back and get it again.

The meals do NOT include side items- so my Mahi BLT was $10.99, but had to pay an extra $2-$3 for a side of fries. One side of fries was plenty large enough for the four of us to share.

The service has consistently left some to be desired. The server was not all that attentive- just as our server was the previous times we dined here.

Our table ordered one chocolate brownie a la mode and a slice of key lime pie. The brownie was not as the server made it seem to be (warm, gooey chocolate yumminess), but rather dry- no sauce, barely warm. (I asked for chocolate sauce and she brought me some
cold Hershey's... Gee thanks?)
A boxed brownie mix prepared at home with publix ice cream would have been ten times better. In my humble opinion. the key lime pie wasn't very good either. We didn't send them back because we were in the mood for something sweet, but we won't order dessert next time.

The restaurant itself is long and narrow- so tables are out in the middle of the floor, with others against the wall. Overall, it's decorated nicely but the layout is sort of funky.

Summary: we like the food A LOT. Can't wait to go back and get that Mahi BLT again, but hopefully our server is friendlier and more attentive. Next time we'll skip the dessert and maybe drive around the corner to High Five or Coldstone.

1  Thank sarinalove
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Always up for trying a new place. Although I did not get my hopes up for finding decent fish anything at a reasonable price, We had lunch. We started with the fish dip which was average at best. Would not order it again. It has potential but needs some work. I Got the Fish BLT with the fried green tomato in it. It was VERY good. My husband got the Mahi Philly with cheese, and my son got one of the salads. I was surprised and pleased with my sandwich at Fresh on the Fly. We were all pleased with the flavor of our main course. Service was average (expect to get what you get when you have a bunch of kids working there and obviously no training in customer service) One thing I would STAY AWAY FROM is the desserts. We had the worst key lime pie ever and a less than average brownie dessert. We will go again for the fish sandwiches. They were really good as well as the salad.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We live right around the corner , pass the sign several times a day and have thought many times......need to try that place out. i'm so glad we finally stopped. The restaurant is quite small and when we entered, it was very smokey.....from the grill. We were seated promptly by a not too-excited-to-be-there-OR-see-us waitress and told that we needed to order quickly as the grills were shut down at 9 ! I was a bit put off by her comment. If you roll the sidewalks up and completely shut down at nine.......possibly you shouldn't seat after 8:30, and begrudgingly at that! We went ahead and ordered and I am glad that we did. I ordered the special which was supposed to be the tilipia sandwich. I had seen one on another table and asked the server what it was. What I got was very good, but definitely NOT what I had seen. Perhaps they were out of tilapia, or just had one piece left? I don't know. It was good, just not what my "neighbor at the next table " had. I also had to remind our waitress that the "special" included a soup when she told me that it included NO sides at all. When I showed her the table card........"oh, which soup do you want?' I ordered the Manhattan seafood chowder, which was excellent. My husband ordered the shrimp dinner , which was pricey. He never got the garlic bread that was included , but the salad and fries were good. We will absolutely go back and hopefully get a server that wants to be there.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

On a whim, I stopped by for lunch. Ordered a Blackened maui maui fish BLT sandwich. Comes with crispy bacon, crop lettuce and a pair of fried green tomatoes. Really hit the spot. Even the fries were yummy.