“Lucky to have found the BEST resaurant in Central Florida!!”
Review of FishBones

FishBones
Reserve with OpenTable
FishBones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: International Parkway
Description: FishBones is a modern seafood, sushi and steak restaurant offering the freshest, just-caught seafood flown in daily, aged steaks cooked over a 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fire and a 23-hour slow roasted prime rib. Our distinctive menu features steaks which are USDA Prime & Choice grain-fed beef and a fabulous raw bar that creates the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi. FishBones’ seafood selections include two-pound Australian lobster tails, fresh Florida stone crab (in season) and hand breaded colossal shrimp. A local favorite, FishBones has been awarded the Best Seafood Restaurant in Seminole County since 2006. Whether it’s inside or outdoors on the patio, FishBones’ upscale service and Key West inspired atmosphere provides the perfect dining experience for any occasion!
florida
“Lucky to have found the BEST resaurant in Central Florida!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

This place has it ALL going on!! Ambience, service and delicious food!
It was a busy holiday weekend yet we were allowed to enjoy a long leisurely dinner with friends. The service was top notch! I had the prime rib, first time I ever tasted "smoked" Prime RIb, Would never have thought about smoking Prime Rib. It was fantastic! A very delicate and just perfect smoked taste. Everyone else at the table enjoyed their meals as well and have all said this is our new FAVORITE place to dine!
Thanks Fish Bones for an amazing experience!! We WILL be back..and often!!

• Visited December 2011

Longwood
“Doesn't make sense”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

As much as I like this restaurant, I will never understand how they only have a limited supply of one of their most popular item, the beef kabobs. I asked the manager and she explained that the kabobs are make daily from the sides or leftover of their beef slabs which they cut into steaks. Evidently, it's first come first served. Why not buy extra meat and use it for kabobs.

In addition, happy hour does not apply to the dinning room. During my visit, our server seemed rushed, like he was preoccupied and we felt like we were bothering him by asking for a special request or questioning things like the kabobs or happy hour issue.

Overall, the food is good and so is the atmosphere, but the staff needs to loosen up. They should extend happy hour to the dinning area and have popular items readily available.

Visited December 2011
Longwood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent range of food with great service for that special occasion”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have eaten at both the Orlando and Lake MAry Fishbones and found both to offer excellent food. The menu covers all taste but is a bit pricey.

The service in both locations was excellent with that added touch for the special occasions.

Ocean Park, Washington
“As usual - an excellent experience”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We love going to Fish Bones. We had a great meal, excellent service and a pleasant atmosphere. Can't go wrong with this chain.

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Lots of good reviews are spot on. We had raw oysters at happy hour (75¢ per) – a bit small, but then the season is just starting.

Dinner is pricey, but they give you what you pay for. My Caesar Salad was ample.

My brother and I split lamb chops which were thick and perfectly cooked (it's very difficult to cook thick lamb chops medium rare – they're actually a bright red, which made my brother wince, but they were delicious and {in my not-so-humble mind} perfect).

My sister-in-law had the pork chop, which was enough for two-and-a-half people. It was tender and tasty.

Vegetables were definitely not overcooked (like at most restaurants).

The chocolate cake slice was HUGE. We split it 3-ways, and I added a la mode (choice of Macadamia Nut or Vanilla). It was decadent, and I couldn't finish my third.

They have special dinners which run about $39, but I thought the a la carte was better suited to dinner after happy hour. By the way, it does take awhile to get through the entire menu, and choosing is not easy. And expect to need a take-out box when you're done.

Our server was Bethany – efficient, knowledgeable, and she treated us like royalty. Ask for her – she probably won't be there, but then you may luck out.

Let me recap my visit:
Happy hour call brand drink
Hot tea
3 doz raw oysters
Caesar Salad
Lamb chops
Pork chop
Chocolate cake a la mode
2 glasses of wine