“excellent range of food with great service for that special occasion”
Review of FishBones

FishBones
Reserve with OpenTable
FishBones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: International Parkway
Description: FishBones is a modern seafood, sushi and steak restaurant offering the freshest, just-caught seafood flown in daily, aged steaks cooked over a 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fire and a 23-hour slow roasted prime rib. Our distinctive menu features steaks which are USDA Prime & Choice grain-fed beef and a fabulous raw bar that creates the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi. FishBones’ seafood selections include two-pound Australian lobster tails, fresh Florida stone crab (in season) and hand breaded colossal shrimp. A local favorite, FishBones has been awarded the Best Seafood Restaurant in Seminole County since 2006. Whether it’s inside or outdoors on the patio, FishBones’ upscale service and Key West inspired atmosphere provides the perfect dining experience for any occasion!
Longwood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent range of food with great service for that special occasion”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have eaten at both the Orlando and Lake MAry Fishbones and found both to offer excellent food. The menu covers all taste but is a bit pricey.

The service in both locations was excellent with that added touch for the special occasions.

Ocean Park, Washington
“As usual - an excellent experience”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We love going to Fish Bones. We had a great meal, excellent service and a pleasant atmosphere. Can't go wrong with this chain.

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Lots of good reviews are spot on. We had raw oysters at happy hour (75¢ per) – a bit small, but then the season is just starting.

Dinner is pricey, but they give you what you pay for. My Caesar Salad was ample.

My brother and I split lamb chops which were thick and perfectly cooked (it's very difficult to cook thick lamb chops medium rare – they're actually a bright red, which made my brother wince, but they were delicious and {in my not-so-humble mind} perfect).

My sister-in-law had the pork chop, which was enough for two-and-a-half people. It was tender and tasty.

Vegetables were definitely not overcooked (like at most restaurants).

The chocolate cake slice was HUGE. We split it 3-ways, and I added a la mode (choice of Macadamia Nut or Vanilla). It was decadent, and I couldn't finish my third.

They have special dinners which run about $39, but I thought the a la carte was better suited to dinner after happy hour. By the way, it does take awhile to get through the entire menu, and choosing is not easy. And expect to need a take-out box when you're done.

Our server was Bethany – efficient, knowledgeable, and she treated us like royalty. Ask for her – she probably won't be there, but then you may luck out.

Let me recap my visit:
Happy hour call brand drink
Hot tea
3 doz raw oysters
Caesar Salad
Lamb chops
Pork chop
Chocolate cake a la mode
2 glasses of wine
More hot tea
$80.45 + 16.00 tip

1 Thank MRoss849
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good food but staff were a bit hit and miss”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

First time I visited this evening. Work colleagues all rated this place highly. I had a single pork chop which was succulent and thick - never get anything like that in the UK.

It was a Sunday night, and not overly busy, but the staff didn't seem to be on the ball. I heard at least 3 different customers say they'd been waiting for over 20 minutes to get an order - I myself waited about 10 minutes loitering at the bar. My server was polite and helped me out with what was on the menu.

An average may not give this the right rating, but I couldn't justify the next one up.

Florida
“Great time, great food, fantastic...”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Just fantastic. Suggest you stick with the seafood, steaks and chicken are good but not great. It's called Fishbones, not cowbones... Happy hour grilled and raw oysters for 35 and 75 cents each - get a dozen and put a smile on your face. Bar out back is great if the weather cooperates, should be getting better as we move into winter. $4 martinis - limit yourself to 2 - they are HUGE. Crab and scallop dish is a #1 recommendation. Finish the meal with the key lime pie (get 1 and a handful of forks). I'll see ya there - my favorite place in Orlando area.

1 Thank No9DaD