“Fantastic”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Winter Haven, Florida
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

From the moment we walked in until we left, we were greeted by employees who showed they really cared. They were always smiling and enthusiastic and wanted to make sure our stay was perfect.The room was immaculate with a pleasant, but not overwhelming scent. We received 2 cards because it was our anniversary and also a free dessert at Shula's. The decor is lovely (minimalist). The lobby restroom made me exclaim because it was so well done. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to awaken in the morning. The location is close to malls, drug stores and a grocery store but it was hard to leave the room. Wi fi was available also. I would return in a heartbeat!

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Westin Lake Mary, Orlando North on TripAdvisor recently.

We were so pleased that you decided to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us. We're also pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many future anniversaries. Please let me know if I can ever be of personal assistance. It would be my pleasure.

Stuart R. Newmark, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 21, 2011

As I travel often with my spouse I have learned to stay in 4 star hotels or higher. Most of the time the 4 star hotels I stay in I would rate as 3 stars. Maybe I just have high standards. This hotel was one of the best I've stayed in. The beds are comfortable, the room and BATHROOM were very clean. Room service was reasonably priced and tasted good. Staff was very helpful. However my favorite part of the whole stay was the double shower head in the bathroom. I probably took a 40 minute shower. This hotel truly was a 4 star experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor recently.

I felt proud to read your comments indicating that The Westin Lake Mary was one of the best hotels that you have stayed in and that you found us to truly be a Four Star level experience.

Glad also that you enjoyed the Westin Heavenly Shower so much.

Look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to this area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Appreciate your business.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have to say that this was one of the best hotel I have stayed at. Everything was just perfect.
Check-in process was fast n easy, rooms are great, housekeeping service is great, everything I can imagine about this hotel is perfect.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you ever so much for your kind review recently on TripAdvisor.

So pleased to read about how much you enjoyed your stay and that everything was 'Perfect"

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to the area. Needless to say if I can ever be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

chicago
Reviewed December 28, 2010

This is my second stay at this property. It is located in a very quiet area near Orlando, with little distracting external noise. The hotel's amenities are all as good as it gets: first rate fitness center and club lounge. The staff/associates are all very professional and friendly, providing excellent service. The general manager is a very 'hands on' manager, always ensuring that guests are well cared for. There are many good restraurarnts nearby, and a fine Shulas on site.

I look forward to many more stays.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 16, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of The Westin Lake Mary, Orlando North dated December 28, 2010.

We all appreciate you taking the time to share the aspects of your stay which were met with full satisfaction. Our goal is to always endeavor to exceed our guests' expectations. It is quite fulfilling to learn that we accomplished our mission relative to your stay recently.

Look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to our area.

Best wishes for a successful 2011.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2010

My family could not have been more pleased with our recent one week stay at the lovely Westin Lake Mary Hotel. Of course, Westin is a top hotel brand, but the Westin Lake Mary stands out as the best Westin Hotel we have ever visited. The facility is beautiful, new, spotless, with very tastefully appointed spacious, comfortable rooms. Service from the Front Desk staff, housekeeping, and other support staff is nothing less than exceptional. Highlights include a large, clean, state-of-the-art workout area, a beautiful heated swimming pool with hot tub, and Business Center with high-speed Internet Access. Venturing just steps outside the Westin Lake Mary front door one finds well marked hiking trails to explore Central Florida wildlife, and a good variety of nice bars/restaurants/supermarket. And, of course, Disney and Univrsal are an easy drive! Enjoy!!!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you ever so much for your outstanding review posted on TripAdvisor on December 27, 2010 following your recent week long stay at The Westin Lake Mary, Orlando North.

So delighted to learn that you and your family considered your experience at The Westin Lake Mary as the best Westin related experience you have had.

We're all beaming with your kind comments and expression of full satisfaction.

Thank you for your business. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and to meeting you directly.

Best wishes for a successful 2011.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We stayed in Westin, Lake Mary for about a week. I cannot stop raving about the hotel. The location is excellent since it is away from the crazy hustle bustle of downtown Orlando. The staff are extremely courteous, friendly and always eager to help. My kids lost the keys to our rooms on several occasions and I was actually embarrased to ask, but the staff were very nice and were more than eager to help. The hotel is spotless, I love their rooms , especially the heavenly bed which is true to its name and the soothing smells of green tea aromas. I love it so much that my family has decided to make it a yearly tradition to stay in Westin, Lake Mary for our winter break every year. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all our friends and family.

Dear Valued Guest,

Sincerely appreciate your taking the time to post such a positive review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary, Orlando North.

I was so pleased to learn that our staff was quite attentive to your needs and as such followed up and provided appropriate assistance.

Thank you also for mentioning how clean you found our hotel to be. This is something that we take very seriously and recognize the importance of maintaining a high level of cleanliness and overall housekeeping.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Westin Lake Mary next year for your winter break.

Best wishes for a successful and happy 2011.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Yes the hotel is pretty, and has soothing aromatherapy but that fades quickly when you feel as though your needs do not matter.We checked in the hotel late afternoon and only had time to shower, drink a cup of coffee and unpack before leaving for a Christmas Eve Party. (about 1.5 hours) We returned to the hotel around midnight and found that our key card would not turn on the lights in the bathroom and hallway. We were told they would have to move us to another room. So we packed our things and found it a little difficult to pack little toiletries, make-up etc.. in the pitch black bathroom. 15 minutes later Security showed up and told us we could have the room next door, and in a oh by the way manner, quickly threw out an apology for the problem. So here it is 12:30 AM one of us holding the door to the old room to get everything out while the other walks the bags down the hall a little way to put things in the new room. So by 1:00 AM we were able to begin to unpack again and by this time feeling quite annoyed so we called the front desk to ask if they were going to give any kind of compensation and was told The Westin DOES NOT do adjustments to their billing. You would think that a hotel like The Westin would show some compassion or acknowledgment to the situation we were in DUE to THEIR broken light system. If you don't want to adjust our bill then at least offer a meal in their restraunt. I was mainly upset with the fact they seemed to not care that it was 1:00 AM and we had to pack and change rooms at such a godly hour.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank FLTraveler021
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 26, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you and your family encountered with the mechanical failure of the lighting system in your guest room. I was pleased to learn however that we were able to relocate you to a room right next door. We have also since fixed the system in the original room you were assigned. The repair turned out to be minor in nature however I regret one that could not be rectified at the late hour of your return to the hotel.

I also regret that the hotel staff member that you spoke with that evening did not respond to your request for some form of compensation. I will personally counsel her accordingly. I am aware however that on Sunday, December 26 prior to your check-out from the hotel, our front office manager did speak with you to follow up, offer his apologies and to provide a 50% discount off of the night in question as an additional token of apology.

We take these matters very seriously and absolutely do care if one of our guests is inconvenienced even for something that might be out of our control initially.

We value your business and look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels return you to this area. In fact please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I may be of personal assistance.

Thank you again and Happy New Year!

Kind regards,