“Exceptional Gem!”

The Westin Lake Mary
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My company confirmed my at the Westin in Lake Mary for a recent business trip. I don't know where to begin...

The property is IMMACULATE. Westin properties are known for their modern flair and comfortable furnishings and this property is no exception. The lobby is modern, with intimate areas for relaxing, unwinding, or catching up with colleagues. The front desk staff were attentive and professional.

There is a quaint lobby bar, as well as a Shula's steak house. Now I'll be the first to admit, I am normally turned off by hotel restaurants, however this Shula's is top notch. They have a superb happy hour, and the restaurant fare is outstanding.

The rooms are very well-appointed with very comfortable furnishings, and the renowned Heavenly Bed. The furnishings are modern and comfortable. The bathroom is well-designed with modern tile and fixtures, as well as an eco-friendly toilet that allows for different amounts of water to be used based on the "reason" for the flush ;-)

Westin has used the European method of inserting the room key into a slot to activate the lights and other electrical components in the room, which falls in line with Westin's commitment to a greener planet.

Finally, the hotel boasts a very modern workout facility and outdoor pool. There are plenty of eateries within walking distance and the hotel is set in a very nice area.

1  Thank jbliv
There are newer reviews for The Westin Lake Mary

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Loved this place. Everything is oriented to saving our planet including a special card to turn on the electricity to toilets that give you an option for a small flush or a big flush. Never had I seen anything like it before. The hotel is new and spotless. The service was great. The rooms were ultra comfortable with pillow top beds and down or down like pillows and many of them. The bed was covered with a beautiful down comforter. And to top it off, the shower offered 2 shower heads. There was a note to use one so not to waste water but I did try both together and it was wonderful. Looked like a 2 headed snake.

Room Tip: The end rooms have a 2 sided window which added to its charm
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My friends and I spent time together over the New Year's weekend at the Westin. The hotel ambiance is soothing, restful and upscale without being ostentatious. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the staff is incredibly kind and responsive.

When we reported a problem with our room thermostat, the maintenance staff was there in minutes, taking care of everything professionally and cordially.

What's wonderful about this hotel is that it is away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando and International Drive, yet is about 20 minutes away via I-4 from the wonderful restaurants located in Altamonte Springs.

Definitely a place to come back to.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2011

For my business trip down to FL was made great by the staff of the Lake Mary Westin. With all the challenges of being thousands of miles away from home, the Westin really makes home not feel so far away. I brought my Xbox 360 and they had a technician connect it and get it live within 5 minutes of me calling the front desk. I also got sick on my trip, they shuttled me back and forth from the urgent care and gave me nothing short of an exceptional and personal experience. I'll be back again soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional to what I've seen
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Nice clean modern design with a great bed. Starbucks in the room and the gym was perfect for a morning workout. You can go wrong for the quality and price. Have the front desk get you a reservation a Fish Bones...you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank MotoMoto2364
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last month. We needed something near his family in Deltona and we had a wedding at New Smyrna Beach. The hotel is amazing and the staff are very professional yet friendly. They even let me borrow an umbrella when it looked like it was going to rain the day of the wedding! We enjoyed drinks at Shula's, which is in the hotel. This was the perfect location! There are restuarants, shops and a movie theater right across the street. We LOVED the sushi restaurant across the street, Amura. Best sushi ever!!! There was a large conference and a multi-day wedding event the same weekend and we never felt crowded or ignored. This is a testament of the Westin's GREAT customer service.

Room Tip: nice view from the top floors
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said by others, but I can confirm what they've said.

The design of this property is contemporary without being uninviting. And yes, the lobby is scented--something that hits you as soon as you walk through the door.

There was no wait for check-in, and in no time my co-worker and I were up in our rooms. My room was reasonably spacious and tastefully decorated, and everything was in good condition. I was disappointed to be put in a room with two queen beds when I had booked a king; that's only the second time a hotel has done this to me, and I travel fairly regularly. In an age where computers keep track of inventory, there's just no excuse for it. I'm quite tall and book a king bed for a reason: I need lots of room to stretch out.

The bathroom was very spacious, but much of the space was empty and wasted. The tub, unfortunately, was quite small despite all of that available room--so don't count on taking a bath unless you're pretty short. The shower, however, is great; the dual shower heads are something I could get used to.

I noticed before my stay that another review mentioned the need to keep the A/C running all night, and now I understand what the reviewer was talking about. My room never got cool enough, and perpetually felt humid despite my A/C running non-stop for the entirety of my stay. I realize this is central Florida, but it's also November and not July. There's no reason for a hotel room to be muggy and for the A/C to have to run 24x7 without a break. My unit may have had an isolated problem, though; my co-worker said her room was comfortable.

We tried breakfast on the executive level one morning, and weren't impressed. It was your typical continental breakfast fare--cereal, mediocre pastries, fat-free but full-of-sugar yogurts, some fruit, and boiled eggs. At a time when many hotels have started offering things like fresh-cooked waffles, sausage, and scrambled eggs, this kind of breakfast doesn't blow me away.

Looking back over my review, I see a lot of negatives--but overall my co-worker and I were both satisfied. We slept well and enjoyed the hotel, and would definitely stay again if we're in the area and got a similar rate to what we paid for this trip. I just wish I had gotten the room type I booked, the room had better air conditioning, the tub were bigger, and breakfast were better.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ParrotHeadFL
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

Overall I am pleased that you and your colleague enjoyed your experience and that you would certainly return to our hotel. That means a lot to us and we appreciate your business and loyalty.

I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate you in a king size room as you had reserved. I believe on the night in question some guests who were scheduled to check-out and were in king rooms decided to extend their stay. Unfortunately this may have put us in an over extended situation with respect to kings. Not an excuse and I am sorry but rather an explanation. I truly believe that this was an aberration and is not a normal occurrence at The Westin Lake Mary.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the size of our tubs. They are in fact regulation size hotel bathtubs however I can appreciate if one is tall that it could be a bit uncomfortable. Conversely I am glad that you enjoyed our Heavenly Shower. They are great indeed.

The AC in your room has been checked and is working fine now. Just a minor adjustment. Thanks for letting us know.

I also appreciate your suggestion about offering hot food items such as waffles, sausage and scrambled eggs in our Westin Executive Lounge. Our restaurant Shula's 347 Grill has an extensive a la carte breakfast menu with all of the hot foods that you mentioned and more. The program and design of the Club Lounge is to provide a complimentray Continental Breakfast for guests who have upgraded to that floor.

We all look forward to the opportunity of hosting your future stays when your travels return you to this area. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Our collective goal is to always strive to exceed our guests' expectations. I am disappointed that we missed in a few areas however look forward to a future opportunity to make amends.

Happy Holidays!