“New and Nice”

The Westin Lake Mary
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Nice clean modern design with a great bed. Starbucks in the room and the gym was perfect for a morning workout. You can go wrong for the quality and price. Have the front desk get you a reservation a Fish Bones...you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MotoMoto2364

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last month. We needed something near his family in Deltona and we had a wedding at New Smyrna Beach. The hotel is amazing and the staff are very professional yet friendly. They even let me borrow an umbrella when it looked like it was going to rain the day of the wedding! We enjoyed drinks at Shula's, which is in the hotel. This was the perfect location! There are restuarants, shops and a movie theater right across the street. We LOVED the sushi restaurant across the street, Amura. Best sushi ever!!! There was a large conference and a multi-day wedding event the same weekend and we never felt crowded or ignored. This is a testament of the Westin's GREAT customer service.

Room Tip: nice view from the top floors
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said by others, but I can confirm what they've said.

The design of this property is contemporary without being uninviting. And yes, the lobby is scented--something that hits you as soon as you walk through the door.

There was no wait for check-in, and in no time my co-worker and I were up in our rooms. My room was reasonably spacious and tastefully decorated, and everything was in good condition. I was disappointed to be put in a room with two queen beds when I had booked a king; that's only the second time a hotel has done this to me, and I travel fairly regularly. In an age where computers keep track of inventory, there's just no excuse for it. I'm quite tall and book a king bed for a reason: I need lots of room to stretch out.

The bathroom was very spacious, but much of the space was empty and wasted. The tub, unfortunately, was quite small despite all of that available room--so don't count on taking a bath unless you're pretty short. The shower, however, is great; the dual shower heads are something I could get used to.

I noticed before my stay that another review mentioned the need to keep the A/C running all night, and now I understand what the reviewer was talking about. My room never got cool enough, and perpetually felt humid despite my A/C running non-stop for the entirety of my stay. I realize this is central Florida, but it's also November and not July. There's no reason for a hotel room to be muggy and for the A/C to have to run 24x7 without a break. My unit may have had an isolated problem, though; my co-worker said her room was comfortable.

We tried breakfast on the executive level one morning, and weren't impressed. It was your typical continental breakfast fare--cereal, mediocre pastries, fat-free but full-of-sugar yogurts, some fruit, and boiled eggs. At a time when many hotels have started offering things like fresh-cooked waffles, sausage, and scrambled eggs, this kind of breakfast doesn't blow me away.

Looking back over my review, I see a lot of negatives--but overall my co-worker and I were both satisfied. We slept well and enjoyed the hotel, and would definitely stay again if we're in the area and got a similar rate to what we paid for this trip. I just wish I had gotten the room type I booked, the room had better air conditioning, the tub were bigger, and breakfast were better.

1  Thank ParrotHeadFL
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

Overall I am pleased that you and your colleague enjoyed your experience and that you would certainly return to our hotel. That means a lot to us and we appreciate your business and loyalty.

I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate you in a king size room as you had reserved. I believe on the night in question some guests who were scheduled to check-out and were in king rooms decided to extend their stay. Unfortunately this may have put us in an over extended situation with respect to kings. Not an excuse and I am sorry but rather an explanation. I truly believe that this was an aberration and is not a normal occurrence at The Westin Lake Mary.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the size of our tubs. They are in fact regulation size hotel bathtubs however I can appreciate if one is tall that it could be a bit uncomfortable. Conversely I am glad that you enjoyed our Heavenly Shower. They are great indeed.

The AC in your room has been checked and is working fine now. Just a minor adjustment. Thanks for letting us know.

I also appreciate your suggestion about offering hot food items such as waffles, sausage and scrambled eggs in our Westin Executive Lounge. Our restaurant Shula's 347 Grill has an extensive a la carte breakfast menu with all of the hot foods that you mentioned and more. The program and design of the Club Lounge is to provide a complimentray Continental Breakfast for guests who have upgraded to that floor.

We all look forward to the opportunity of hosting your future stays when your travels return you to this area. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Our collective goal is to always strive to exceed our guests' expectations. I am disappointed that we missed in a few areas however look forward to a future opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We had three couples meet at the Westin--all were pleased with accomodations, reasonably priced & clean. Had a nice dinner at Dexter's & returned to hotel for dessert & drink at Shula's restaurant. Nice atmosphere & all staff were very attentive & friendly. In am, met at Shula's & had a good breakfast before leaving hotel. Great location; safe, quiet & plenty of options for dining. We all agreed, we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

We were all so pleased that you had a very positive experience as reflected by your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels for business or pleasure return you to this area.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is a nice hotel where the rooms are clean, neat and comfortable. The best part of the stay was the very friendly staff.

I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Sanford area of Orlando.

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

We take pride in maintaining the highest standards in guestroom cleanliness and our associates are selected based on their genuine spirit of hospitality complemented by focused training in these areas.

Look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to this area.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed two nights for a fitness function. Not only did I get a fantastic rate but the hotel was spotless and the food was amazing. I have never had a hotel go the extra mile until I stayed here. I had mentioned that I was in town for a fitness function and would be working out 10 hours a day and within 30 minutes of getting to my room I had two gatorades delivered to me. This showed me that the Westin cares about their guests. All the staff members were very professional and dressed well. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at and I look forward to staying here every time I come to town.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Executive Club suite. I was well equipped for work that you would need to do in your...
1  Thank Heather L

Dear Valued Guest,

Certainly a pleasure to read your comments posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

I was smiling from ear to ear after reading your comments about the hotel being "spotless", the "food amazing" and this being "the best hotel you have ever stayed at".

We're all quite passionate about exceeding our guests' expectations. Your posting is a true testimonial that we are indeed meeting our objectives.

Thank you and we look forward to a repeat performance in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

The Westin in Lake Mary, Florida is a refreshing change from the norm. The service is excellent, the room was well-appointed, spacious and clean. The best part - when we checked out at 6am, we were surprised to see so many cars in the lot. With the quiet we experienced, we assumed the hotel was nearly empty. We weren't there very long - just an overnight before flying out in the morning, but we needed a good night's rest and we got it! It was the best hotel experience we've ever had. And with a great rate through Priceline, it was very inexpensive also. BONUS: Starbuck's coffee right in the room.

Room Tip: Use Priceline for the best rate
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments describing The Westin Lake Mary as "The Best Hotel Experience We've Ever Had".

Our mission statement is simply stated: "Excellence in Everyway Each and Everyday" Your comments certainly help to reinforce that we are meeting our objectives.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to this area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Mary
Orlando Marriott Lake Mary
#7 of 12 in Lake Mary
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to The Westin Lake Mary? Share your experiences!