“Great place for conferences and relaxation!”

The Westin Lake Mary
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Orlando
“Great place for conferences and relaxation!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Having literally hundreds of great hotels to choose from for our Toastmasters conference, the decision to select the Westin involved many factors. Seating for 300-400 attendees, meeting space for multiple educational sessions, cleanliness of facilities, courteous and reliable hotel staff, comfortable beds, free Internet, use of house pa system hookup and the ability to hang more than 100 of our clubs' banners were all part of the deal. Great food didn't hurt either! Jennifer Corso and her fellow staff members came through. We have booked additional events at this venue, based on how we were treated. After the conference, my wife and I spent an additional day to enjoy the quiet hotel, pool and more. Kudos to Westin for living up to their high standards.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. So gald that you enjoyed your experience and that you found our Westin Lake Mary to be a great place for your conference and overall relaxation.

We appreciate your business and so pleased to hear that we met and or exceeded your expectations during your stay.

Thank you for your business and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when your travels return you to this area.

Kind regards,
Stuart R. Newmark, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were in Lake Mary 6/3-6/5 for a weekend visit to attend a family event. This was our first time in Lake Mary as well as our first stay at a Westin. We had visited Orlando a few times in the past but were very impressed with the Lake Mary area.
We were very impressed with this hotel. From the time that you enter the lobby you realize that management takes great pride in ensuring that you stay is memorable. It is a very clean property and the staff was very professional. Check-in was simple and because you need your room key to access the elevators you can feel that security is important to management and staff.
The room was very clean, the bath room was big enough and the "Heavenly Beds" abd showers were as advertised. The work out room was convienient and large enough.
One note to mention, there were a few events going on in the meeting rooms during our stay. The hotel is laid out in such a way that the guest and the meeting attendees do not get in each other's way.
All in all our stay at this property was just as memorable as the family event that we attended.
Hopefully, this being our first Westin stay has not spoiled us. We will be staying at another Westin in the DC area later this summer.
Stay Tuned......!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive experiences on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

Our mission is and has always been to exceed our guests' expectations at each and every opportunity. Your posting is indeed a fine testimonial that we are meeting our objectives and I thank you for that.

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when your travels return you to this area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may ever be of service. It would be my pleasure.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2011

After driving for five hours, I found it most relaxing to be greeted by the wonderful staff at the Westin Lake Mary. Upon my arrival I found the hotel completely booked. Jason at the front desk immediately acknowledged my arrival and assisted me in settling into a lovely room. Large room with Heavenly bed and TV, wonderful. Very large bathroom. Complete with iron and ironing board. All the comforts of home. My server Jolene, in the Shullah's Resturant, started my day with a smile and a hot cup of coffee. Jolene's service while enjoying my breakfast, outstanding. Compliments to the kitchen for a hot a speedy breakfast.

Room Tip: Are you offering any specials?
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Antteese
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the fine service you received from two of our excellent team members, Jason at the front desk and Jolene in Shula's 347 Grill.

We're proud to have both of them on our fine team and they are indeed true ambassadors of guest service.

We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when your travels return you to this area.

Maitland, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2011

When we started out the day we didn't intend to stay at the Westin Lake Mary; Heck, we didn't even intend to BE in Lake Mary. But after a nightmare fiasco at the Sawgrass Marriott in Ponte Vedra (see my review for the full gory details), we found ourselves driving back to Orlando in a wicked thunderstorm attempting to salvage the remnants of what was supposed to have been a relaxing getaway weekend. Not wanting to go home, we managed to find a resort hotel near the attractions for Saturday and Sunday night, but said hotel had no availability for Friday. Needing just a place to sleep Friday night, we wound up at the Westin.

Thank goodness we did.

I won't go on with the details of the room (clean and comfortable), the bed (Heavenly. Greatest. Hotel. Bed. Ever.), the facilities (new equipment in the fitness room: IPod/Nike Plus compatible. Nice!), or any of the other factors that make this an outstanding hotel. Rather, I'll focus on the thing that, at least to me, can make a stay memorable. For good or bad. That being the employees you interact with during your stay.

It started when we pulled up. Ryan (bellman?) greeted us at the drive up, found us a cart, waited while we checked in, made sure we were aware of the amenities, showed us upstairs, made sure we were all set in our room. Amanda and Travis at the front desk checked us in quickly, empathised with the rotten day we were having, and, while we were at Shula's 347 for a late dinner, took the time to print out a birthday card for me and leave a little treat in the room. Kelly, the bartender working at Shula's was fantastic. Friendly, welcoming, conversational; everything a good barkeep should be. And those are just the names I remember; every Westin employee we came into contact with made us feel welcome, and let us know that if there was anything we needed, they were there to get it done.

A hotel's staff can be the difference between a good stay and a bad stay; a nightmare or a memorable experience. After starting the day with a staff that seemed like they couldn't care less about us (Sawgrass Marriott), we finished the day at a hotel with a staff that seemed as if they would do anything they could. Admittedly these are extremes, but these extremes are why I'll recommend the Westin to friends and colleagues (and may even stay there myself if we hit Shula's for their wicked awesome happy hour), and why I won't stay at a Marriott for a long while.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind posting on TripAdvisor. Made my heart feel good that you enjoyed your experience so much at The Westin Lake Mary.

Thank you also for mentioning the fine service you received from Ryan, Amanda, Travis and Kelly. We're proud that they're all on our fine team and appreciate their passion for great guest service.

I agree at the end of the day it is really about the team's commitment to service excellence that makes a good hotel great.

I am just so pleased that we were able to deliver on our commitment to you and ensuring for a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Thank you for choosing us and we all look forward to hosting your next stay in an equally gracious manner.

Kind regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The other reviews describe the finer points of the hotel, but I want to say that the staff on duty during our visit were refreshingly honest. We stayed during Thanksgiving and one of my kids left a brand-new iPod Touch in the business center next to a computer. He realized it hours later when we returned from a shopping trip. We immediately looked in the room and it wasn't there. When he approached the front desk in a panic, though, the desk person greeted us with a smile and knew already what we'd come for. A quick confirmation of the iPod's screensaver (conveniently a photo of my son!) and she handed it to him. I have no idea how many people were involved in getting it back (guest? housekeeper? front desk staff?), but all of them did the right thing.

A few minutes ago I made new reservations for this Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to another delightful visit. (Hopefully we will not need to rely on the kindness of strangers again. Lesson learned!)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DyanneWC
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting following your stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

Thank you also for mentioning the service you received from our caring team. So glad that your son's I-Pod Touch was found and returned to him.

Our team is committed to providing emotional connections with our guests. It's part of our overall service culture. We all care deeply about making a difference.

Look forward to welcoming you and your family back during Thanksgiving. In the interim, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2011

After years of being a member of the Marriott Rewards Program. I felt after years of i decided to look elsewhere corporate and leisure hotel and rewards. The Weston portion of starwood is prefect for my family.

Being a south florida resident i recently attended a wedding the Westin Diplomat in South Florida and felt it was time to make the switch to Starwood and Westin. i officially signed up for SPG membership. I did a virtual tour of the Lake Mary location i planned on staying at and was impressed to know not only did it offer the quality of rooms we got at from the Marriott family of hotels but this location included a heated pool, kid friendly setup within the kids club (wall socket plug covers, workout area for my wife, and business area for me to take care of necessary faxes, emails and such. When calling the front desk was very friendly and explained we could get a mini fridge, rollaway, and crib, and bottle warmer at added at no additional cost , her friendly phone mannerisms were important that i didn't feel like i was hassling. Now, i'm able to build better reward points with starwood for the SPG and my credit card points but i'm also able to eat in Orlando at Shula's and keep our south florida feel.

The downside for this location are
it does not offer the full kids club,
i got different rates from online, the 800 reservations number, the third party sites, and from the actual hotel all within an hour.
also they explained i can't double dip and get my credit card reward discount, fl resident discount which was odd to me considering hotels have so many promo codes and want the business.

SPG member # 42525528574

Room Tip: use the valet to avoid issues with shulas 347
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind posting about your Westin Lake Mary experience on TripAdvisor.

Also let me say we're delighted that you are an SPG member now and a fan of the Starwood brand. We'll work hard to earn your business each and every day.

Appreciate your comments about the Westin Kids Club program. We've worked to bring our offerings up to standard. Also please don't hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with future reservations and rate offerings. It would be our pleasure to be of service.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Lake Mary and Shula's 347 Grill the next time you're in the area and of course thank you for your business.

Best regards,
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We were treated like royalty! The hotel is very clean and modern with a WONDERFUL restaurant and located across the street from a great center for dinning and shopping. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay.

I was delighted to read that you were treated like "Royalty" Our mission is to ensure that all of our guests are treated as Kings and Queens. Couldn't be happier that we fulfilled our objectives during your stay.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Best regards,
Orlando Marriott Lake Mary
Orlando Marriott Lake Mary
#7 of 12 in Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to The Westin Lake Mary? Share your experiences!