“Jason at the front desk, OUTSTANDING! Jolene server in Shulla's FABULOUS!”

The Westin Lake Mary
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Vero Beach, Florida
“Jason at the front desk, OUTSTANDING! Jolene server in Shulla's FABULOUS!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

After driving for five hours, I found it most relaxing to be greeted by the wonderful staff at the Westin Lake Mary. Upon my arrival I found the hotel completely booked. Jason at the front desk immediately acknowledged my arrival and assisted me in settling into a lovely room. Large room with Heavenly bed and TV, wonderful. Very large bathroom. Complete with iron and ironing board. All the comforts of home. My server Jolene, in the Shullah's Resturant, started my day with a smile and a hot cup of coffee. Jolene's service while enjoying my breakfast, outstanding. Compliments to the kitchen for a hot a speedy breakfast.

Room Tip: Are you offering any specials?
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Antteese
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the fine service you received from two of our excellent team members, Jason at the front desk and Jolene in Shula's 347 Grill.

We're proud to have both of them on our fine team and they are indeed true ambassadors of guest service.

We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when your travels return you to this area.

Kindest regards,

Stuart R. Newmark, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2011

When we started out the day we didn't intend to stay at the Westin Lake Mary; Heck, we didn't even intend to BE in Lake Mary. But after a nightmare fiasco at the Sawgrass Marriott in Ponte Vedra (see my review for the full gory details), we found ourselves driving back to Orlando in a wicked thunderstorm attempting to salvage the remnants of what was supposed to have been a relaxing getaway weekend. Not wanting to go home, we managed to find a resort hotel near the attractions for Saturday and Sunday night, but said hotel had no availability for Friday. Needing just a place to sleep Friday night, we wound up at the Westin.

Thank goodness we did.

I won't go on with the details of the room (clean and comfortable), the bed (Heavenly. Greatest. Hotel. Bed. Ever.), the facilities (new equipment in the fitness room: IPod/Nike Plus compatible. Nice!), or any of the other factors that make this an outstanding hotel. Rather, I'll focus on the thing that, at least to me, can make a stay memorable. For good or bad. That being the employees you interact with during your stay.

It started when we pulled up. Ryan (bellman?) greeted us at the drive up, found us a cart, waited while we checked in, made sure we were aware of the amenities, showed us upstairs, made sure we were all set in our room. Amanda and Travis at the front desk checked us in quickly, empathised with the rotten day we were having, and, while we were at Shula's 347 for a late dinner, took the time to print out a birthday card for me and leave a little treat in the room. Kelly, the bartender working at Shula's was fantastic. Friendly, welcoming, conversational; everything a good barkeep should be. And those are just the names I remember; every Westin employee we came into contact with made us feel welcome, and let us know that if there was anything we needed, they were there to get it done.

A hotel's staff can be the difference between a good stay and a bad stay; a nightmare or a memorable experience. After starting the day with a staff that seemed like they couldn't care less about us (Sawgrass Marriott), we finished the day at a hotel with a staff that seemed as if they would do anything they could. Admittedly these are extremes, but these extremes are why I'll recommend the Westin to friends and colleagues (and may even stay there myself if we hit Shula's for their wicked awesome happy hour), and why I won't stay at a Marriott for a long while.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind posting on TripAdvisor. Made my heart feel good that you enjoyed your experience so much at The Westin Lake Mary.

Thank you also for mentioning the fine service you received from Ryan, Amanda, Travis and Kelly. We're proud that they're all on our fine team and appreciate their passion for great guest service.

I agree at the end of the day it is really about the team's commitment to service excellence that makes a good hotel great.

I am just so pleased that we were able to deliver on our commitment to you and ensuring for a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Thank you for choosing us and we all look forward to hosting your next stay in an equally gracious manner.

Kind regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The other reviews describe the finer points of the hotel, but I want to say that the staff on duty during our visit were refreshingly honest. We stayed during Thanksgiving and one of my kids left a brand-new iPod Touch in the business center next to a computer. He realized it hours later when we returned from a shopping trip. We immediately looked in the room and it wasn't there. When he approached the front desk in a panic, though, the desk person greeted us with a smile and knew already what we'd come for. A quick confirmation of the iPod's screensaver (conveniently a photo of my son!) and she handed it to him. I have no idea how many people were involved in getting it back (guest? housekeeper? front desk staff?), but all of them did the right thing.

A few minutes ago I made new reservations for this Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to another delightful visit. (Hopefully we will not need to rely on the kindness of strangers again. Lesson learned!)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DyanneWC
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting following your stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

Thank you also for mentioning the service you received from our caring team. So glad that your son's I-Pod Touch was found and returned to him.

Our team is committed to providing emotional connections with our guests. It's part of our overall service culture. We all care deeply about making a difference.

Look forward to welcoming you and your family back during Thanksgiving. In the interim, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Kindest regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2011

After years of being a member of the Marriott Rewards Program. I felt after years of i decided to look elsewhere corporate and leisure hotel and rewards. The Weston portion of starwood is prefect for my family.

Being a south florida resident i recently attended a wedding the Westin Diplomat in South Florida and felt it was time to make the switch to Starwood and Westin. i officially signed up for SPG membership. I did a virtual tour of the Lake Mary location i planned on staying at and was impressed to know not only did it offer the quality of rooms we got at from the Marriott family of hotels but this location included a heated pool, kid friendly setup within the kids club (wall socket plug covers, workout area for my wife, and business area for me to take care of necessary faxes, emails and such. When calling the front desk was very friendly and explained we could get a mini fridge, rollaway, and crib, and bottle warmer at added at no additional cost , her friendly phone mannerisms were important that i didn't feel like i was hassling. Now, i'm able to build better reward points with starwood for the SPG and my credit card points but i'm also able to eat in Orlando at Shula's and keep our south florida feel.

The downside for this location are
it does not offer the full kids club,
i got different rates from online, the 800 reservations number, the third party sites, and from the actual hotel all within an hour.
also they explained i can't double dip and get my credit card reward discount, fl resident discount which was odd to me considering hotels have so many promo codes and want the business.

SPG member # 42525528574

Room Tip: use the valet to avoid issues with shulas 347
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind posting about your Westin Lake Mary experience on TripAdvisor.

Also let me say we're delighted that you are an SPG member now and a fan of the Starwood brand. We'll work hard to earn your business each and every day.

Appreciate your comments about the Westin Kids Club program. We've worked to bring our offerings up to standard. Also please don't hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with future reservations and rate offerings. It would be our pleasure to be of service.

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Lake Mary and Shula's 347 Grill the next time you're in the area and of course thank you for your business.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We were treated like royalty! The hotel is very clean and modern with a WONDERFUL restaurant and located across the street from a great center for dinning and shopping. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay.

I was delighted to read that you were treated like "Royalty" Our mission is to ensure that all of our guests are treated as Kings and Queens. Couldn't be happier that we fulfilled our objectives during your stay.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Genefral Manager
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 30, 2011

westin hotel and resort at lake mary, FL is wonderful hotel, with pleasant environment and extremely kewl nice place. Restaurant is also pleasant with bar and spa is awesome. If I am going to Florida anymore I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Westin Lake Mary Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at The Westin Lake Mary and look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels return you to our area.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Westin Lake Mary twice for work within a six-month period and have been more than pleased with both stays.

The hotel is modern and spacious, with lush furnishings from the lobby to the rooms. The front desk staff and restaurant staff were always gracious, friendly and pleasant, which is certainly appreciated. Room service was prompt and polite. My colleagues and I were working away about a half-hour drive away from Lake Mary, and the comfort of the hotel was so welcome after working long, 12+ hour days.

I didn't find the housekeeping to be very attentive during my first stay in October 2010 when they replaced my used towels back on the hook when I left them on the floor to be replaced. The phones in my room during my March-April 2011 stay did not work unless I unplugged the line first, which wasn't much of an inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.

The rooms are designed clean and sleek with incredible linens and a most comfortable bed. Being away from home for 3+ weeks was certainly made easier and more comfortable by having the pleasure of staying here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on The Westin Lake Mary. First and foremost we appreciate your business during both of your long term stays in October and most recently in March.

Appreciate also your constructive feedback on a few issues which we will certainly follow up on.

We take a great deal of pride in our operation and are continually striving to exceed the expectations of our many guests. Our goal is to be the number One Westin in our system; something we are all quite passionate about.

We look forward to the opportunity of being your home away from home again when your travels may return you to the Lake Mary area. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally, if I may ever be of assistance.

Kind regards,