“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff, Great Stay”

Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Nice hotel with a wonderful, helpful, and friendly staff. The reviews were right on target and we couldn't have asked for nicer accommodations. Hotel is about a year old and has the newer Marriott decor. Great location being right off of I-4 with a nice selection of restaurants very close to the hotel. Highly recommend to business and leisure travelers. Thank you...The Jordans.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
RILakeMary, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2010

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Jordan for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn. Please stop in and see us again next time you are in the Lake Mary area.
Katie

Katie Orze
Sales Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott Lake Mary

Reviewed June 28, 2010

I will preface this 100% positive review by saying that Lake Mary IS NOT close to Disney World. This location is fantastic and nicer than any part of Orlando I've ever stayed in, but unless you like driving and traffic, you will not want to base a Disney or even Downtown Orlando vacation this far out of town. If your vacation plans include a few days at Daytona Beach, however, this hotel is about halfway between those destinations (45+ minutes to either). If you choose Lake Mary, choose this brand new Residence Inn. The Heathrow location is the perfect place to stay. You can park your car and have everything you need for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and nightlife all within a 2 block radius. But you will be inclined just to stay in because this hotel is that good.

If you haven't stayed at the new line (2009 or later) of Residence Inns, they are really nice. The lobby is sleek and trendy, not lodge-y like older ones. There's coffee, evening food on weekdays, and a great breakfast buffet. The service at this hotel was beyond outstanding. I had trouble printing something on the kiosk lobby computers and the desk clerk immediately helped me print in the office. Every staff member I saw was warm and welcoming. It was so clean I almost felt guilty for messing it up just staying in my room. I ran into the head of the housekeeping staff on my way out and complimented her staff. It was so apparent that she took an exceptional level of pride and ownership in the condition of the hotel.

The pool is nice, the hot tub is hot, and the outdoor sitting area with fireplace is a really nice place to relax. The rooms are nice enough that you will steal decorating ideas from them. It was just my wife and I in a studio king for $93 (military rate), but the kids would've been fine on the pullout couch. If they needed their own "room", a 1-bedroom suite would meet that need as well as 2 standard hotel rooms would. The kitchen is just beautiful and has everything you need besides groceries (which they'll get or you can go across the street to a nice Publix). The bathroom has a clean, clear, glass door into a spacious walk-in shower. There were like 10 different lighting options in this room, and even a master switch on the way out the door to turn them all off. The TV is a 42" LG HD flat panel on a 180-deg rotating stand. It works like a regular TV. Turn it off and back on...it's on the same channel! None of the loud menu hassle. It does lack pay per view I think, but it has several HBOs and wireless internet, so I was good.

Seriously, you will not want to leave this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Toowordy
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I have nothing negative to say and I'm very picky! Brand new, very clean, spacious, attractive, comfortable, quiet and well priced.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed at the Residence Inn Lake Mary one weekend in April. It was conveniently located for the purpose of our trip (right by Highway I-4). However, if you are in the area to visit the theme parks, you will want to stay in southwest Orlando or Kissimmee.

The hotel staff was very friendly and considerate of our needs. The common areas and suite were clean, and it seems that the hotel recently opened because our suite had that ‘new room’ smell. In our suite, the living room and bedroom each had a flat screen TV. There is complimentary breakfast every morning for hotel guests, which includes cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, etc. If you happen to be visiting during warm weather, the hotel has a pool and outdoor seating area with a grill. There is also a laundry room for guests.

If I find myself visiting the Lake Mary area again, I will definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank 888Main
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Staff IS the friendliest ever! They made our trasnsition from MD to Florida as easy as it could possibly be...(I am a hard to please consumer). The M-Th dinner events helped immensely! The staff made us feel truly welcome. I will recommend this hotel to every person I know who comes to the area. Near all major attractions! Great shopping and dining!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I had to stay in the Orlando area on and off for about a month while my dog was receiving radiation treatments in the area. I obviously needed a pet-friendly hotel and wanted something affordable since I'd be staying so long. (I needed to stay during the week, but not on weekends.) I actually happened on this Residence Inn while staying at another hotel in the area. I cannot begin to say how great the room, service and whole experience were. Not only was I able to secure a very low rate, I was also allowed to keep the room for the whole month and not have to check out each weekend! (They even prorated the cost so, in essence, I wasn't charged for the weekends.) It was such a relief not to have to pack up each Friday and then check back in again on Sunday night. The place was brand new, nicely decorated and had a fully outfitted kitchen--so I didn't have to eat out all the time. The staff was extremely nice and welcoming to my dog. (I don't remember her name, but the night desk clerk was especially friendly and loved my dog Baxter!)

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank BaxterGoodBoy
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Stayed here in february for the Daytona 500. The room was great. This was the nicest Residence Inn I have ever stayed. Large bathroom with a large walk in show. Comfortable beds with well decorated living area. They serve a nice hot breatfast in the morning. Plenty of parking and located in a nice area just off the Intersate. I will definately stay here next year for the race. Used AAA to get a great rate.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo