“Seriously, your search is over, just stay here.”

Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
“Seriously, your search is over, just stay here.”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family stayed in one of there two room suites, and absolutely loves it. The kitchenette had a full fridge, half flat top stove, half dish washer, fully stocked kitchen, & granite counter tops. The living area included a couch, reclining chair, 27" flat screen tv, dinner table with 4 chairs, a desk, and a comfortable office chair. My wife is an interior decorator and she was impressed with the finishes. The bedrooms each had there own bathrooms, a very comfortable bed with 5 pillows, a couple dressers, and a 27" flat screen tv. The roomcame with free wifi, and a free grocery shopping service. The Hotel was within 10 Mina of all the restaurants to could ask for and a mall. The only thing I dent like was that our room was right next to the pool, I wish they would enforce a 10 pm closin time for it, it was bit noisy.... Also the people were awesome!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank JHizzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have spent hundreds of nights in marriotts and Hiltons and this is by far the nicest RI I've stayed in. Brand new everything!!! Granite countertops, even granite window sills!! Super smart room layout. Amazing staff and shuttle bus. Speaking of, arrange shuttle bus pick up from Sanford airport ahead of time or else its a $25 cab fee. Located close to ruth's chris, applebees, walgreens, wonderful Patisserie deli, and frozen yogurt place. Shuttle can take you 5 mins down the road to the mall with Macy's, Dillards and our fav H&M! Nice outdoor pool, hot tub and basketball court. Free full breakfast. Wireless Internet speeds > 1mbit. Wonderful cheery staff. It made our one year anniversary stay perfect!! Only change we'd make is to the showerhead lol. It spreads water out wide ad we wanted a more direct spray. The hotel had the other 99.5% of everything we wanted so I guess that's ok lol

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank grothman
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2011

this is a brand new hotel extremely clean and very modern the friendliest of staffs and provides a light evening meal four nites a week. If you have to be away from home for a long period this is as close as you can get to the real deal!! I would highly recommend to everyone. Very modern and updated amentities. Great pool hot tub and work out facility.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bombay, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2011

As usual, before we stayed at this hotel, I checked the reviews and I agree with the other reviews, that this is an excellent place to stay.
Since we were splitting time between Daytona Beach and Orlando, the location is ideal for us. It's about a 45 minute ride to Daytona Beach and a little less to Disney, depending on I-4 traffic.
It's a little hard to find on your first visit. (I suspect that is probably because of local sign ordinances.) There is plenty of hotel parking and it even has a recharging station for electric cars (the first time I have seen that!).
The hotel is modern, and clean. The staff is very cooperative, accomadating and polite. The pool/hot tub area is modern and clean.
Our room was a one bedrrom suite. The room is well laid out and makes you feel at home as soon as you walk in. It has a full kitchen (with a dishwasher w/detergent) and all the essentials you need for an in-room snack or meal. Our room had a tub/shower combination, that would be great if traveling with children.
It's hard to find anything to complain about, but I wish the TV had a more stations. Ours had 33 cchannels (a good overall selection) with several HBO channels, but I wish it had more selection.
I recommend this hotel to everyone. It would be a great place to stay alone, as a couple or with kids. We plan to stay there any time we are in the area!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CCS55
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This is a beautiful Residence Inn. It seems that it is very new; all the furnishings are brand new, as is the carpeting and beds. There is both wired and wireless Internet. If you want wired, you have to ask for a cord at the front desk.

The front desk staff was very friendly and nice. They where extremely helpful when I requested a certain room; I appreciate that.

The grounds around the hotel are very lush, green and well kept. It's beautiful.

The room itself is fantastic. I had a suite with a king bed, living area, full kitchen and dining area, and a nice bathroom (big shower, but no bathtub - if you need a bathtub, be sure and request one - this is the first time I have ever been in a Residence Inn without a tub). I don't mind no tub, I prefer the roomy shower - it also had glass doors, a nice change from the typical shower curtain. The bathroom floor has beautiful tile and the sink is outiside of the toilet/shower area.

The room was so clean when I came in. The bed is big and over stuffed and very comfortable.

This Residence Inn has some kind of evening thing where they feed you. I didn't go down for it, but the front desk lady told me it was meat loaf, salad, potatos, etc. It sounded like a full meal! That was nice even tho I didn't try it.

The location is good for everything. It is right off I-4. There is a mall 10 minutes away. There are plenty of resturants, every kind, all over. Downtown Orlando is about 20 - 25 minutes away. Mt. Dora is close by too (maybe 1/2 hour to 45 minutes).

All in all - a great place to say. As with most Marriotts, I have nothing at all bad to say. Oh, and the breakfast is good - full buffet breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank tczig
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Dear Tczig from Miami,

Thank you for the great comments in regards to the Residence Inn Marriott Lake Mary. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and all of our ammenties. It's great comments like yours that help us remain a platinum status hotel. We hope to see you again and please come and ask for myself, Cristyl-lin so I can personally introduce myself.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I have stayed at numerous Residence Inns in the past 5 yrs and this is by farthe most AWESOME property I have ever stayed at. The decor and overall appearance was more than I had envisioned. every Residence Inn should be just like this. I normally stay in the city when I visit Orlando, but I will be back in Lake Mary on my next visit for sure. TWO THUMBS UP!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed at this Residence Inn for a soccer tournament. The hotel was beautiful and clean. The lobby was very nice and the free breakfast was one of the better ones we have had at a Marriott property. The room was very nice and clean.

The only issue we had was that the guest computers in the lobby were very slow, which made it difficult to print out boarding passes as we left. However, that was a minor issue.
The hotel is 35 minutes from the big amusement parks, but close enough to manage.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family