“Incredible private dining”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 149 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HE Thomas 46A
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had my husband's birthday party at Ruth's Chris in Lake Mary and it was an incredible experience! We brought in a Casino Party planner and it was amazing! Thank you to Tom the GM and Janielle the private party manager for an awesome night! Everything was so organized and everyone was so helpful! As always, the food can't be beat!

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Took my girlfriend there on a Friday night for steaks. Ordered mine medium-well, which was cooked medium-well and tasted quite good...not great but quite good. Had the sweet potato dish...was good, but once again not great. Also had a bowl of clam chowder...fair at best. My girlfriend ordered Ahi tuna to start...had to turn it back in...it was horrible.Of the three years we have been together, she has NEVER turned back in the Ahi tuna, so this was a first. Fish was like rubber...we suspect it was frozen...a no-no for ahi tuna. Her streak came, which she ordered medium-plus. It came to her about as rare as you can make it. Sent it back and instead of throwing another steak on the grill, they just threw it back on for a few minutes. $44 for a piece of meat and they do THAT to it? Her spinach was fresh and good. The desert was just fair. All in all, it wasn't even near being worth it. Service was very good though...the only bright spot for the dinner as a whole.I would never recommend this place to my friends.

1  Thank william s
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm not a red meat eater, but went with my husband. I ordered the sea bass and it was excellent.
Caesar salad was awesome as well. For the sides we ordered mashed potatoes and green beans. I would definitely pass on the mashed potatoes next time. Great place, but next time I will let my hubby and daughter go since they love their steaks.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I headed over to Lake Mary for dinner on Christmas Day. We chose Ruth's Chris Steakhouse because it was one of the few places open on that day.
We had celebrated our wedding anniversary a few years back at Ruth's Chris in Fort Lauderdale and came away very disappointed. Decided to give it a try again after about 10 years.
We were warmly greeted and seated promptly for our 5:45 reservation. We had three servers, so attention to us was plentiful. We ordered drinks and calamari (we seem to be doing a taste testing for calamari to find the best in the nation). This calamari was cooked to perfection, tender and sweet. The Asian sauce was a bit sweet, but it was a nice change.
Dinner was a filet for me, and a veal chop for my husband. i had forgotten about meals being served on a plate hot with melted butter, but in the case of my filet I was glad for the bit of "sauce". My steak was medium rare, but very, very dry. My husband's veal chop was pronounced to be excellent.
Our sides were loaded baked potato and asparagus with holandaise. The one pound potato was cut in half so each of us had our own serving. The "loaded ingredients" were served separately. The potato is huge, and very good. We had to ask for the hollandaise sauce for the asparagus which was cooked to a tender crisp state - excellent choice. The hollandaise was a little anemic, but acceptable/
We had a nice Zinfandel with our dinner and the staff was most accommodating about chilling it for us. We do like red wine at 55 -57 degrees and in Florida it is often difficult to explain that red wine at room temperature does not mean 80 degrees.
We ended our meal with espresso as per usual.
Ruth's Chris is a nice place to dine, but if you are looking for a dinner that will be good and are willing to pay Ruth's Chris prices, you would be better served to seek out The Capital Grille .

Reviewed October 16, 2013

By far one of the best restaurants in the Lake Mary area. Food was excellent, fresh, hot and tasty. Service was great as well. Very friendly atmosphere. Restaurant was top class from the moment you enter to the last sip of coffee. Highly recommend a visit, you will not be disppointed.