“better without the butter”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 152 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HE Thomas 46A
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Everyone who has ever eaten at a Ruth Chris knows the steak plates are served very hot, as many steak restaurants do. They also dump hot splattering butter all over them. NOT one of my favorite things. We eat at this location of Ruth Chris last week and were pleasantly surprised when they asked and reminded us would you like us to hold the butter....no smoking splattering butter. All of our steaks were cooked perfect. I had lamb chops, three very thick tender ones with excellent flavor. I could only eat one. We also had the fried chilled lobster salad. Sounds like it would be chewy... fried lobster???? It was so good and tossed in a little mayo on a bed of greens it was very tender with amazing flavor. I would honestly say since this place has opened they have fine tuned their game and are doing a great job. Food is being prepared very well and the service was extremely accommodating. If you haven't been for awhile check it out again it is really a great special occasion restaurant and they also have a very busy happy hour with appetizers.....Enjoy

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have to say I was not expecting much when we went here. I was pleasantly surprised by the great menu, the service and the wonderful food. I will be going back on our next visit to the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were a larger group (12-15) and arrived in time for "happy hour". I had the lobster roll at only $6.00 and it was delicious. The bar menu consists of quite a number of food items & drinks for only $6.00. The house wine (pinot gris) was also good. My only complaint (and I heard this from several people) was that I was never asked if I wanted to order another drink after the first. Very strange!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We always manage to find Ruth Chris wherever we travel. For over 20 years we have never had a bad experience. We decided to try their happy hour menu. Cosmo and martini - excellent. Prime sliders, beef tenderloin skewers and spicy lobster. Yum, yum, and more yum. Finger licking good.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Okay, I fess up - I love Ruth's Chris. This one didn't disappoint at all with excellent service and great food. Of course, it's not a cheap restaurant, but it's worth the money.