“A little bit of heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 145 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HE Thomas 46A
Bluffton, South Carolina
“A little bit of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were able to make reservations on-line and received an immediate confirmation. Then we received a call the day of our dinner asking us to reconfirm our reservations. Our table for two was in a intimate little alcove with just the right amount of lighting. Larger parties were scattered thru out the dining room. Megan, our server, and her assistants made certain that our meals were absolutely perfect and just what we had ordered. The service was perfect without being over solicitous. It was a very special evening.

Visited September 2012

USA
“Kind of unusually standoffish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is their corporate HQ location but this restaurant is not very welcoming and lacks the warm character found in their other locations. The food is typical for this restaurant chain and you won't have a bad meal in terms of service or the food itself. I just felt like this was a little to rigid of a steakhouse environment as it felt more like a corporate office then a steakhouse. Not for me although I enjoy other locations just fine.

Visited August 2012
“CELEBRATE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just got back from Ruth's Chris Steak House in Lake Mary, Florida, and as always, was pampered, and treated first class! It is our 5th wedding anniversary, and the staff at Ruths Chris treated us like we were the only ones there! The service was impeccable, tending to every detail of our meal. The lobster bisque was outstanding, as was the filet and shrimp. The broiled tomatoes are so good, with a touch of sweetness, done to perfection. This is our go to place for celebrations, and they have yet to disappoint!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sit at the bar, skip the dining room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Of course, the food at Ruth'c Chris is always great. But it is a very expensive restaurant, so I think it's fair to have a high standard to judge them by. My wife and I went to eat there. It's decor is much different than other Ruth's Chris locations, less stuffy, yet very pretty. Unfortunately, in a clear attempt to maximize revenue, they pack you in like school kids on a bus. During our meal, the sommelier or another waiter asked my wife to get up from her seat so they could retrieve a bottle from the wine cabinets which line the dining room walls. This happened 3 times during our meal! Despite what we were paying, we were not entitled to a seat that didn't require having to vacate everytime the staff needed a bottle of wine for somebody else. Obviously, they have tried to force in more tables than the location has space for, but they still charge top-shelf prices anyway. Guess they figured we wouldn't notice. Demeaning.
However, the food is as good as it is in other Ruth's Chris Locations. So, while we (and several of our friends) don't go there to sit for a full meal, we do occasionally go to sit at the beautiful bar, have cocktails and order an app or two.

Visited March 2012
Orlando, Florida
“The Steaks are Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Prior to attending a theater production, we wanted to have a great dinner so decided to dine at Ruth's Chris in Lake Mary. The ambiance of the restaurant is amazing with the beautiful booths and over sized chairs. I decided to have the Classic meal that comes with an appetizer, meal, and dessert. To start, they bring fresh hot bread and butter. I then began my meal with a Caesar salad in which the dressing was great and a large portion for an appetizer. The other person I was with began with the lobster bisque which also is quite good. We both ordered steaks and were cooked to perfection. The steaks come out on a sizzling plate which makes them so juicy. I also had a few shrimp which were well seasoned. The sides were garlic mashed potatoes and mushrooms. The potatoes were so creamy and smooth. For dessert, I had the bread pudding which is amazing and I had to bring most of home as it is so large. The service is impeccable and they are very attentive throughout the meal. The manager even took a moment to check on our meal, which I always believe is a great touch. The prices are high so be prepared to spend a lot of money on this great meal.
I would definitely go back to Ruth's Chris in a heart beat!!!

• Visited June 2012