“Beware of credit Card scam”

Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I booked reservation online with this hotel. When I arrived I was double charged for 2 rooms when I only booked one. The desk clerk told me I could not get a refund for room, that I had to talk to the Manager. The next morning I spoke with Elizabeth the Asst. Manager, she gave me a receipt and claimed she gave me a refund on that morning. That was on July 2, 2010, now today July 26, 2010 it has never been issued to my credit card company. However they still want to claim it has been issued. Beware of doing any business with Hyatt Place if this is the way they operate. They seem to hope you forget and don't check your credit card. avoid this hotel at all cost, don't give them a credit card number

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank geneb129
hplakemary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

As a General Manager I am responsable in this instance of error. The guest some how made two reservations on a prepaid basis. In our attempt to correct we incountered countless issues with the credit card processer. I invited the guest to dispute these charges in light of our problems with the processor. I am confident the guest has recieved all funds due him and sincerly apologize for this situation,

Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at Hyatt Place Lake Mary for one night and were very pleased with our stay. Our room was very clean and nicely appointed and quiet. Breakfast was good with fresh fruit and other nice choices.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelwhenwecan5960
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for business the last week of June 2010. The hotel was practically empty as all the other reviewers have stated. The hotel is located about 30-40 minutes north of the main Orlando/Theme park area. I was attending a class not far from the hotel so that is why I chose this location. The hotel still looks practically brand new and has no odd smells or anything.

The pool/hot tub area is kind of small but again, no one was staying at the hotel so you didn't have to worry about too many people being in the pool. At no time we went down was there anyone in it.

Experienced a couple of problems with the room. The toilet didn't flush and we had to hook the chain back on it. Second problem was the room was HOT. As a previous reviewer said, they use motion detectors so on the first day of the stay it took a while to cool it down but after that we didn't have any problems. Last problem was no hot water on the first night. I think this has something to do with the lack of people staying there; there just isn't any hot water close to you in the pipes. It took about 15 minutes to get hot water in the shower on the first day. After that about 5 minutes. We just made it a habit of turning the shower on as soon as we got in the room.

We stayed in an "end" room located on one of the ends of the hotel. The room is considerably larger than the standard rooms but doesn't cost any extra. I highly recommend requesting an end room. The 42" Plasma TV was awesome! It swiveled so you could watch it from the couch or the bed.

Check in was quick and easy. That was the only time I had to deal with the front desk. Check out was handled via a kiosk. (You can also check in via the kiosk)

It is pretty far from the theme parks; about a 30-40 minutes away. We did hop over to Disney a couple of nights since we were there and the drive didn't feel that bad. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you are going to Disney every night because it is about 39 miles but it is all interstate so it goes quick.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank bishoparc
Reviewed June 21, 2010

This is a great hotel. We are usually loyal to another hotel chain (Holiday Inn Express) but decided to give this one a try based on the price of the rooms. We were pleasantly surprised! Excellent service throughout the entire weekend. We were there while a conference was in town but it in no way affected our trip. The two front desk guys gave us directions and information on the area with a smile on their face and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful the entire weekend. The hotel itself is beautiful. Very clean, smelled wonderful, and is open and decorated nicely. The pool looked great even though I never got in. As for the rooms, A+ all the way; very modern, large TV, great couch and great bed. We loved the showers also! I was pleased all the way. For the price, this is an excellent deal. The rooms were quiet, we never heard our neighbors, doors closing, or people in the hallway. Excellent job Hyatt place! My only suggestions would be to include more of a selection at breakfast (a few danishes or breakfast meat would have been nice); also housekeeping does not speak English but with a little sign language you can get your message across; and finally we could not figure out how to work that air condition. Once it was on it ran the entire time with no breaks. Next time I will call downstairs to figure how to work that thing. But if you want a clean hotel, with friendly, staff, large suite rooms, cheap price, and a good nights rest...Stay here! P.S- The Bob Evans down the street is horrible, pass on it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Trips27
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Having only one person at the front desk to check people in, serve food, and answer the phone is a joke for a Hyatt. At breakfast, they were out of coffee and the trash was overflowing. Staying in a nearly empty hotel with no guests and almost no staff is not my idea of a pleasant stay. And my biggest pet peeve...the internet was either super slow or not working during my stay. Also the motion detector in the room failed to detect me and turned of the A/C while I was in the room asleep. Nothing like waking up in a puddle of sweat. I know times are tough but please staff the hotel and do away with this weird energy saving motion detection system that doesn't really work.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Golden73
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I just got back. the hotel was very clean. staff friendly. big TV in the rooms. sanford air port was a 20 min drive from the hotel. free breakfast buffet. I got the room for $ 45 on priceline. a good place to stay in lake mary. it is a very long drive to the theme parks.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnThunderBay
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Excellent property with above average amenities. Presently, rates are available on priceline at well below market value, but do not expect that to last. Even at normal booking rate ($110) the facility is a bargain. Close to Orlando-Sanford airport, and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple