“Worth every penny”

Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was a very clean and comfortable place to stay. The rooms are huge! The breakfast was very good, including hot items as well as cold, and fresh fruits and yogurt. The kids all enjoyed the pool while us adults, enjoyed the hot tub. We (baseball group) took advantage of the shuttle to go to dinner. It was nice to not have to drive and park.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

It was wonderful having your group at the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North! We’re thrilled that everyone had a great time with us, especially in our pool area. Our complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet is definitely a great way to start your day before you hit the field. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you all again.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The rooms are BIG and they even have a sofa and ottoman to relax on and watch TV. The location is about 15 miles north of downtown Orlando. The location is right off I-4 which is good for those on road trips.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rad79

At the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, we want you to feel at home, and we’re glad that you were able to get comfortable in your room and catch your favorite shows with us. It’s great that our location added convenience to your stay and that you were able to explore our area. Your review is truly appreciated and we invite you to return on your next trip to Northern Orlando.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We just arrived home from a wonderful 4 night stay. The room itself was quite spacious and what a big bathroom! The fitness room is small but it has 2 treadmills and 2 ellipticalls, plus weights. The pool area is small too but all I wanted was a lounge chair so I could sit back and relax... and I did! The breakfast was amazing too! There was hot food, cereal, bagels and bread... but what won me over was the fruit bowl! Sliced grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, honeyed, cantaloupe and grapes! All in all, a lovely place.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Your review of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North is truly appreciated! Soaking up the Florida sun is certainly a wonderful way to relax and unwind. Our complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet is often a favorite among our guests, and we’re happy that you enjoyed it as well! We’d love to have you back the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We just returned home from a 4 day stay at this hotel, and I cannot say enough good things about it. First we got lost and had to call the hotel for assistance, the desk clerk was more than helpful. Upon our arrival we were greeted and welcomed immediately. Our room was very nice, very clean and the bed very comfortable. We got to know the 2 front desk clerks, who made us feel like family. Last night on our way out to dinner, a new girl was at the desk and greeted us, a few moments later we mentioned we were going to dinner at a particular restaurant, and she then gave us a coupon to use for dinner. Breakfast was good and something new everyday! Thanks for making us feel so welcome! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Our guests mean the world to us, and all of us enjoy getting to know each and every person that stays at our hotel. Hearing that you felt like family is simply incredible. We’re always here to do what we can to make your stay the best it can be. We can’t wait to see you again at the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Rooms are large, in a suite style. They have large flat screen TVs with decent amount of stations, including HBO. In room movie are also available. There is a small pool and small gym. Breakfast is included, on weekdays they include upgraded breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, juice, hot and cold cereal, and French toast. When we were there ,there were several groups in on the weekend so they went with the batch scrambled eggs instead. Staff for the most part were courteous. ONE COMPLAINT! On our last day my wife and I were eating breakfast at 9:00 Am, when the breakfast area closed down. The staff broke down the food service immediately, at bout 9:05 my wife went for a coffee refill, from the pump theromast that contained the coffee. They would not let her have it, an said if you wanted more you she had to pay at the coffee bar. KIND OF CHEAP! Besides that it is a good hotel if your in the area for business or just need a place to sleep.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bschoenb
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Your input in your recent stay with us is truly appreciated. We’re glad that our spacious accommodations met your expectations. We apologize for the experience you had on your last day with us; that is not something we typically do. Your comments will be shared with our morning dining staff so it does not happen again. It would be a pleasure to serve you on a future stay.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

You may ask why my family & I are giving this hotel such a bad review? We booked this hotel through Hotels.com. Our original date of stay was 3/6 to 3/7 but had to be changed to 3/8 to 3/9 do to the fact that our Allegiant plane broke down & caused us to loose 2 days. I contacted Hotels.com about the change & they contacted the hotels front desk & made the change. They gave me the hotels phone number so I could call & confirm the change. They told me to wait 5 minutes for the fax to go through which I did. I spoke with the female front desk representative who confirmed to me that everything was fine with our reservation. We got to the hotel on 3/8 at around 8:30 PM. I was told by the front desk clerk after he looked up our reservation on the computer that our reservation was cancelled. I asked to speak to the manager whose name was Lauren. She told me that even though there were still rooms available she wouldn't give me 1 unless I paid for it again. I told her that was unable to pay twice for it since I still had to pay for my rental car & parking at the airport. She refused to fix the problem & told me I had to call Hotels.com. I spent an hour& a half on the phone with Hotels.com who also refused to help me. They refused to fix the problem at the hotel or put us in another nearby hotel. I had my wife call the Hyatt Corporate phone number & they also refused to assist us in fixing our problem. This meant that were left to sleep in our minivan with our 3 sick kids. At around 11:15 PM my 8 year old son had to go to the bathroom so we headed for the lobby. Since the door was locked we had to call the guy at the front desk. I told him we wanted to come in so my son could go to the bathroom. He refused to let us in & instead called the police on us. They came & also said they couldn't do anything for us since the hotel was sold out. The reason I put down terrible value is because I paid for a room that I never got to see or use. I would not recommend staying at any Hyatt hotel or using Hotels.com to book your next hotel because like in my case there is good chance you might be sleeping in your rental car instead of the hotel room you paid for.

Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank anknxn

We truly regret that your experience was not what you were hoping for. We are aware of your status with Hotels.com and we have done our best to come to a resolution. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact us directly at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you are looking for a great place to stay half way between Orlando and the beaches, Daytona/New Smyrna, this is a great spot. Nice rooms, TV, bar, pool and breakfast at a reasonable price. Staff were very good as well

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North! We’re glad that our prime location made it easy to experience Florida’s greatest attractions. Taking some time out to lounge by the pool is the perfect way to relax, and we’re elated that you enjoyed our pool area. We welcome you to return on your next trip to Northern Orlando.