“Wonderful CLEAN hotel!!!”

Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was a refreshing change after the place we stayed in near Orlando. The sheets smelled clean and were crisp. Staff VERY friendly. Breakfast AMAZING!! The food that was supposed to be hot was hot and the things that were supposed to be cold were cold.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel for your stay in the area. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great breakfast. Your kind acknowledgement for our staff is greatly appreciated, thank you. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Hyatt is a lovely, affordable choice conveniently located just off I-4 and has lots of comfortable perks: A very good free breakfast spread, daily newspapers, fitness center and 24-hour food options. I would stay here again if in the Sanford area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel for your recent stay in the area. We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort, service, amenities and location of our hotel. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was booked by the Florida soccer administration into this Hotel,as I was referee for the NIKE-Chamionship at Apopka Sports complex.Another referee was supposed to join the same room
with me for 2 nights,but I never saw him.After the 2nd night,I saw a bill of the Hotel on the floor
of my room,amount 42,95$,in the name of the other guy.As they had insisted at check-in 2 take
a print of my credit-card,I went to the reception to complain and 2 make sure that they dont cha
rge me.They had assigned me to roon 101,but when I came to the reception,they insisted that I am in room 119(I never was in there,so they had alot of "chaos") So id I was in 119,why pay a bill of 101? They took back the bill and promised,NOT to charge me,at check-out. But the next day,they did,as they obviously never tried to contact the other guy! So beware of fraud in this house! Breakfast was not giiven,as on weekends they offer it only after 7.30am.As my matches
started early and I had to be at the sports-ground for check-in at 7.20am,no equivalent or sand wich nor early coffee was offered.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank homosapienserectus
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Please accept our sincerest apologies that we did not create the experience you deserved as a valued guest. Addressing specific details, as those mentioned, are difficult on a review forum with the guidelines set by the site. We encourage our guests to contact us directly should a situation further need our attention. Thank you for reaching out to us and for your review.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

6/18/2013 - Hyatt Place, Lake Mary, Fl – Hyatt Place is becoming our favorite hotel. The front desk person was so friendly. Our room layout is great. It allows my husband to watch TV while I work on the computer in the desk area. Everything looks so clean and new. One suggestion….I am really a coke product person and I have to leave the hotel to find a diet coke. The staff did direct us across the street to Walgreens for Coke products.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel. We are honored by your statement that we are becoming your favorite hotel and so happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Our staff’s number one priority is our guests and it is our pleasure to do whatever we can to make your stay better. All guest suggestions are welcome and we would like to thank you for sharing yours. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were in the Orlando area for the last week -visited Disney, Seaworld, etc. Flew in and out of Sanford International Airport, so we needed a hotel close to there for just the last night of our trip. Hyatt was perfect! It smelled delightful throughout the building, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and the room was spacious and very nice. We needed a room for 4 adults and 2 kids and their option with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa was exactly what we needed - plenty of space, especially since we had a lot of baggage from our whole week of traveling!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We are thrilled that we could provide you with exactly what your family needed at the end of your week long trip to the area. All of our spacious guestrooms feature our plush Hyatt Grand Bed, a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper and many complimentary amenities for your convenience and ultimate comfort. Your positive feedback is truly appreciated and we hope that we can welcome you back soon to the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I come to this hotel 1 - 2 times per month so I will call this a cumulative review. The staff at the hotel is always friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is decent and the coffee is very good, though I would like to see coffee available after 9:00 for those days I am working in my room, but that is really not a big deal. The internet is free and is very fast. There is a nice couch and a large flat screen TV. In some rooms you cannot view the TV from the desk but there is no way to fix that given the room layout. The room has a refrigerator and a coffee maker. The rooms are good size and well appointed.

The hotel is secured in the evening as it takes a room key to enter every door after midnight. I do have a potential check in issue in that I travel from the West and do not arrive until after 12:00. I have been told more than once that I must call the hotel if I am that late so that they do not cancel my reservation. I find that curious when there is a credit card to secure the room. I have never been turned away so I suppose it is really not an issue but funny that I am told this.

I have never been a big fan of the housekeeping here but my last stay on 6/2 to 6/7 took the prize for worst yet. There was dirty underwear left in the closet from the previous guest. Disgusting! It was there all week. A minor issue, I use the ice in the evening. The housekeeper did not give me a fresh bag for the ice. Why give a bag in the first place if you are not going to replace it? Seems minor but the floor was also sticky this week. The previous guest must have really hammered this room but they really need to make sure it is ready to go before checking in the next person.

I suspect the hotel is cutting corners to save some cash. The shower is no longer hot. You can get a nice warm shower but if you really like hot water this is not the place. I noticed this the past couple of months. Also, the hotel stopped giving out sundries should you forget your toothbrush or shaving cream. This is not a big deal because there is a Walgreens next door to the property.

If a clean, sanitary room is not important then this is a great choice. My company sends me here so I know I will be coming back. Again, the staff is great and the hotel is a nice value for the area.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. TV can be viewed from the Desk.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Barry P

We are truly grateful for all guest feedback and as a repeated visitor to our hotel, your perspective is highly valued. It is disappointing to learn that although you have shared with us many aspects of your stays that you enjoyed, you have had some concerns regarding housekeeping. Our guests are encouraged to bring any issues to our attention at the time of their stay so that we may address them immediately. We are sorry we were unable to take care of these concerns while you were here but we will share your comments with our managers. Thank you so much for your review; we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This has become my to-go place to stay in Orlando for short stays. It has almost all you could wish for in a hotel. Good value for money. What I love the most: The large rooms. As you walk in the door, there is a lovely sofa and ottoman on the right, opposite are a desk and the 'kitchen' with fridge and coffee maker. It is essentially one large room divided by a Chinese divider wall. On the other side of the 'half' wall is the bedroom, opposite this the bathroom.
The room is very cleverly designed for spaciousness and it works. The Huge flat screen tv sits in the middle of the room so that you can angle it either towards the sofa or the bedroom. Clever. Beds are very comfortable, noise level low. Modern feel to this hotel. Things I find missing? No room service, you have to order, then go downstairs and pick it up yourself...annoying - and they don't tell you this in advance. No balconies, I like balconies! The reception area and general flow is weird. I walked straight by the reception the first time, because it's attached to the bar! Then when you walk to the rooms, you go either left or right, in other words, hit a wall, weird....but, there is a Free breaky, and ok pool. Good location, right next to I4 so you can drive on down to where you wish.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

At the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel we strive to provide our guests with a high level of service and comfort at a great value. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the spaciousness and modern feel of the room as well as the comfort of the bed. We are honored to be your to-go place to stay in Orlando and we truly appreciate all your feedback. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the area. Thank you.