“Friendly Staff - Very Weak Housekeeping”

Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Folsom, California
“Friendly Staff - Very Weak Housekeeping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I come to this hotel 1 - 2 times per month so I will call this a cumulative review. The staff at the hotel is always friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is decent and the coffee is very good, though I would like to see coffee available after 9:00 for those days I am working in my room, but that is really not a big deal. The internet is free and is very fast. There is a nice couch and a large flat screen TV. In some rooms you cannot view the TV from the desk but there is no way to fix that given the room layout. The room has a refrigerator and a coffee maker. The rooms are good size and well appointed.

The hotel is secured in the evening as it takes a room key to enter every door after midnight. I do have a potential check in issue in that I travel from the West and do not arrive until after 12:00. I have been told more than once that I must call the hotel if I am that late so that they do not cancel my reservation. I find that curious when there is a credit card to secure the room. I have never been turned away so I suppose it is really not an issue but funny that I am told this.

I have never been a big fan of the housekeeping here but my last stay on 6/2 to 6/7 took the prize for worst yet. There was dirty underwear left in the closet from the previous guest. Disgusting! It was there all week. A minor issue, I use the ice in the evening. The housekeeper did not give me a fresh bag for the ice. Why give a bag in the first place if you are not going to replace it? Seems minor but the floor was also sticky this week. The previous guest must have really hammered this room but they really need to make sure it is ready to go before checking in the next person.

I suspect the hotel is cutting corners to save some cash. The shower is no longer hot. You can get a nice warm shower but if you really like hot water this is not the place. I noticed this the past couple of months. Also, the hotel stopped giving out sundries should you forget your toothbrush or shaving cream. This is not a big deal because there is a Walgreens next door to the property.

If a clean, sanitary room is not important then this is a great choice. My company sends me here so I know I will be coming back. Again, the staff is great and the hotel is a nice value for the area.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. TV can be viewed from the Desk.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Barry P
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are truly grateful for all guest feedback and as a repeated visitor to our hotel, your perspective is highly valued. It is disappointing to learn that although you have shared with us many aspects of your stays that you enjoyed, you have had some concerns regarding housekeeping. Our guests are encouraged to bring any issues to our attention at the time of their stay so that we may address them immediately. We are sorry we were unable to take care of these concerns while you were here but we will share your comments with our managers. Thank you so much for your review; we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
DAYTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This has become my to-go place to stay in Orlando for short stays. It has almost all you could wish for in a hotel. Good value for money. What I love the most: The large rooms. As you walk in the door, there is a lovely sofa and ottoman on the right, opposite are a desk and the 'kitchen' with fridge and coffee maker. It is essentially one large room divided by a Chinese divider wall. On the other side of the 'half' wall is the bedroom, opposite this the bathroom.
The room is very cleverly designed for spaciousness and it works. The Huge flat screen tv sits in the middle of the room so that you can angle it either towards the sofa or the bedroom. Clever. Beds are very comfortable, noise level low. Modern feel to this hotel. Things I find missing? No room service, you have to order, then go downstairs and pick it up yourself...annoying - and they don't tell you this in advance. No balconies, I like balconies! The reception area and general flow is weird. I walked straight by the reception the first time, because it's attached to the bar! Then when you walk to the rooms, you go either left or right, in other words, hit a wall, weird....but, there is a Free breaky, and ok pool. Good location, right next to I4 so you can drive on down to where you wish.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
At the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel we strive to provide our guests with a high level of service and comfort at a great value. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the spaciousness and modern feel of the room as well as the comfort of the bed. We are honored to be your to-go place to stay in Orlando and we truly appreciate all your feedback. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the area. Thank you.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a typical new Hyatt Place, which we are accustomed to like and enjoy. Rooms modern, so is the hotel. Comfertable. Very friendly staff. Location can not be better. Free Wifi signal is good. Free breakfast is very good. I highly recomand this hotel. Would stay here again, and without any doubt.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel. We were pleased to read that your experience was so wonderful and we greatly appreciate your recommendation. Our hotel and staff continuously strives to provide comfortable accommodations, a variety of amenities and exceptional service to create a positive experience for everyone. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

A nice hotel in a nice location. Clean well appointed rooms and a very comfortable bed.

Good breakfast provide in a slightly utilitarian eating area. Staff were friendly, polite and helpfull.

Close to restaurants and Sandford airport. I will definitely try to book here on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort, the service and the convenient location of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we are thrilled to learn that you plan on staying with us again on your next trip to the area. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review, we look forward to seeing you again.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My son and I checked in March 29 for a few days to visit theme parks in Orlando.I didn't want to stay at Universal.This location was perfect right off I4. Hotel, airfare, and car rental. . . pre-booked everything. Upon arrival greeted by nice, well spoken guy. Check-in was fast and easy. We were impressed by quality and cleanliness of room which had big flat screen tv, large sofa, and mini fridge. I couldn't seem to get temp just right but controls were easy to use. Bathroom door seemed awkward because you have to step all the way in and right against shower to close it.

Everything went well and complimentary breakfast offered was best I've seen in a hotel this size. Only snag came late our second night courtesy of college spring breakers according to staff. Overall I liked everything about our room and staff. Wifi worked well in all areas of hotel including by the pool. FYI Pool also has an accessible chair lift, I thought it was nice they had one.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TPOOLE30
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Perfect location, fast and easy check-in, greeted by a friendly associate and impressed by the quality of the rooms are all things we love to hear from our guests. Thank you so very much for your review of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel. It is our goal to ensure a seamless experience for all our guests and one which would inspire a return visit. We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable time while you were here and we hope that we can welcome you back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Spent two nights here after transatlantic flight. It is very convenient for Sanford Airport, 10 miles straight along Lake Mary Blvd. and just on the other side of Interstate 4. It is situated in a very nice area and surrounded by luxury apartments. Behind these apartments is a 7 mile long paved, tree-lined cycle/walking path in a rural setting The rooms are very clean and spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and included in the price. The staff were extremely nice and very helpful and worked as a team. Only criticism would be that the corridors could do with a bit of brightening up either with brighter lighting or a lighter carpet. We returned to this hotel before our journey home and will definitely stay there again.
isadave, Glasgow

Room Tip: Corner rooms are brighter but better at end away from the pool as the pump can be heard if the A/C i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We could not be more pleased to hear that your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Lake Mary / Orlando North Hotel was such a great experience. We are committed to providing all of our guests with incomparable service and comfort. Thank you for letting us know how happy you were with your stay and we hope you will visit us again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel advertises itself as servicing the Orlando area. We called the hotel service line and confirmed a late check-in and a courtesy pick-up from Orlando international. We were told no problem and just to call and confirm on that day. Upon calling, we learned that they don't have shuttles past a certain time. Then, upon arriving at the hotel (after an $90 cab ride), we learned that they don't service Orlando International at all and didn't receive the late check-in note (they didn't even note it from the call that morning) and were about to cancel our room. Instead of being apologetic, they acted like it was our fault for calling the main number. Hyatt needs to get their act together.

The room is damp, no hot water, and not especially clean. I'm simple with hotel rooms: clean, internet, and a comfortable bed. Looking at other reviews, only corner rooms are nice. Walgreens in the parking lot is nice.

If you can spend your money at another area hotel, I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank energeticfocus
We appreciate your review and feedback about your recent stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the miscommunication of information regarding shuttle service and late check in; we will share your comments with our management team. We truly regret your stay was not as you had anticipated but we thank you for alerting us to your experience.